Using O Airfare Included in Price to Venice Help!

Rootbeer4

After some nudging (thanks R) my ta contacted O, and what do you know? They offered the Delta non stop NYC/Venice and return Rome/NYC for an up charge of $100pp. Of course we will pay the deviation anyway because we are going 2 days early. Of course I said YES!

So thank you fellow O cruisers for the real low down!

Great news

It is worth the $100 just to have the non stops

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Thanks :D Yes, I do want EC. I assume you mean the final payment for the cruise? Sorry if I sound like a dunce. (not due til May 15)

As I understand it, you have to make the final payment for your cruise before O will actually purchase your air tickets. Right now, you just have a reservation. Once you've paid in full, you can request that O purchase your air tickets. You can then see if there are still EC seats available. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone who's done this will chime in.

About getting the economy comfort seats you can get them now and don't have to wait. Once you get your confirmation number call the airline with that number. The purchase of an EC seat is a totally separate transaction with the airline. It has nothing to do with class of service booked. The airline doesn't care how you got your ticket as EC is a non refundable transaction. These seats get grabbed up quickly so the sooner you book the better you can always insure the cost with your insurance carrier.

Fern

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

About getting the economy comfort seats you can get them now and don't have to wait. Once you get your confirmation number call the airline with that number. The purchase of an EC seat is a totally separate transaction with the airline. It has nothing to do with class of service booked. The airline doesn't care how you got your ticket as EC is a non refundable transaction. These seats get grabbed up quickly so the sooner you book the better you can always insure the cost with your insurance carrier.

Fern

Personally I hated Economy Comfort and did not think that it was at all worth the increase in cost. The seats were shopworn and uncomfortable, the food blasé, the drinks service nonexistent.

That said, my one experience with it was on DELTA, upgrading from an Oceania purchased Economy Ticket and the Airline would not do the upgrade until the the flight was ticketed.

Oceania does not ticket their Airline arrangements until the Cruise is paid in full.

Edited by JimandStan

Oceania uses a website called virtuallythere.com for you to view your tickets. Once they do the deviation they will send you an email about the site. If you need help pls write me at smartlady25@ aol dot com. O will be happy to show you how to book the EC seats

Fern

This is such a helpful thread, thanks everyone for the input, I have learned so much.

I'm currently looking at booking our third Oceania cruise. This one has a very attractive three day pre-cruise option for the departure city. Since this an Oceania sponsored tour and add on, can I book this to arrive early and not have to pay the deviation fee?

Seems like this would be a good service to offer for those of us who do a pre or post Oceania sponsored tour.....

Thanks - Terry

Great info on this thread! I was very pleasantly surprised to find that O's air credit for our cruise in 2015 is $1,100 US pp. Searching for this year there was a lot of alternatives in the $1,250 Cdn. price range. We took the air credit and will give it a go on our own as it would be more expensive to take O's air and pay the deviation fee. Fingers crossed it stays the same for 2015 :)

This is such a helpful thread, thanks everyone for the input, I have learned so much.

I'm currently looking at booking our third Oceania cruise. This one has a very attractive three day pre-cruise option for the departure city. Since this an Oceania sponsored tour and add on, can I book this to arrive early and not have to pay the deviation fee?

Thanks - Terry

I see no one answered your question

I think if you arrive on the day of the pre cruise option there is no deviation fee but if you want to arrive a day or more before the tour then deviation fees apply same as arriving days before the cruise.

I would check with your TA to confirm the details though

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Thank you Lynn!

Indeed you are correct. My travel Agent has got it all worked out....no deviation fee as we want to arrive on the day the optional package begins.

She also found us a discount of $200 dollars since we are booking within 45 days of our last cruise!

On our last cruise we had asked around about Travel Agents, since ours basically had done nothing for us. A lovely couple from Virginia gave us the name of their TA, and they also gave our names to the TA. We got follow up emails, a call and a card from this person....we liked that, someone who was eager for our business.

She has found us a cruise for our 45th wedding anniversary, booked the cabin we wanted, got us free Internet, free gratuities and $500 in OBC, plus this $200 discount. We love her already. She answers my questions promptly, and calls when she needs to get or give a quicker answer than email might provide. Plus she books and knows a lot about Oceania.

Definitely understand why everyone here on the forum encourages finding and using a good TA.

Thanks for your answer,

Terry

Thank you Lynn!

Indeed you are correct. My travel Agent has got it all worked out....no deviation fee as we want to arrive on the day the optional package begins.

Terry

Glad you have it all sorted out

It does make a difference to have a good TA ;)

Enjoy the cruise & Happy Anniversary

Lyn

We're taking an O Baltics cruise this July, and this is the first time I've used their air. In the past, I took the air credit and found cheaper flights on my own or used FF miles. This year, the airfares are so much higher - and FF seats are nowhere to be found - that I took an air deviation with my preferred flights at no upcharge.

Sometimes it just works out beautifully. :)

We're taking an O Baltics cruise this July, and this is the first time I've used their air. In the past, I took the air credit and found cheaper flights on my own or used FF miles. This year, the airfares are so much higher - and FF seats are nowhere to be found - that I took an air deviation with my preferred flights at no upcharge.

Sometimes it just works out beautifully. :)

We have also used Oceania air for the first time for later this year. Our Business Class on BA fare was cheaper than using my BA miles.:D

We have also used Oceania air for the first time for later this year. Our Business Class on BA fare was cheaper than using my BA miles.:D

You guys are one of the very few who I have read that understands that your free miles are not free and have a real $$$ value. I am impressed with your acumen !

For my UA miles is use 2.9 cents per mile. I will always compare how many $$$ I am spending vs what it would cost. Thus I always buy my tickets to Hawaii as spending miles is throwing away money ( rt to Hawaii 45,000 miles= $1305. Whereas a rt ticket to LA cost $560!....a almost $800 cheaper to buy than use "free Or LAX to NY first class is 100,000 miles=$2900. However I can buy the ticket for $1650 a full $1250 cheaper")

I laugh when people tell me they are flying free with miles....they or someone paid $$$$ for each and everyone. Nothing is free.