My wife and I are off of work April

carmenOH

5th thru the 12th and thinking about booking a last minute cruise. We prefer a 4 or 5 day cruise to the Caribbean. Any tips on how to do this? Can you wait until the last week to book a cruise like this? We have been on three 7 day cruises before but they have all been booked 4-5 months in advance. Thanks.

You can wait but if you need to fly to the port of embarkation I would book as soon as you know you are going to go

Check the cruise line websites & sign up for the late booking deals or contact your TA if you use one

The longer you wait less chance of getting on the ship ;)

The days of getting great last minute deals cannot be counted on now. Sure, sometimes someone gets lucky but often last minute bookings sell for the same or even more than they did a month or more in advance.

Edited by sail7seas

One thing to be aware of is that spring break is still going on for some colleges and school districts in April this year. This year, my daughter is off from school the following week (the Los Angeles school district, the second largest in the country, always takes off the week leading up to Easter), but I would imagine there's some schools that will be off at the time you're considering. So I would definitely NOT wait and book something now.

Carnival Fantasy goes out of Charleston, SC. The majority of their cruises are 5 days to Nassau & Freeport. It is an easy drive for us so we cruise a lot on her. However have met people who cruise on her who drive from Ohio. Then you wouldn't pay for air fare if you drive. You can book up to a day or two before a ship sails now.

I can answer any question you have about her. Give her a thought.

Just realized she is sailing on the 4th of April. This is Carnival's new concert live cruise. Stix will be preforming on her in Nassau- cost for concert is $20 or $40.

Could you go on this cruise? (Are you teachers?)

Edited by Bonnie J.

Good Morning.

Princess has "Stand By" pricing you can sign-up for. Right now there is special pricing on the Ruby Princess 4/5 day R/T sailing out of FLL.

Royal Caribbean distributes a weekly Going, Going, Gone Flyer...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Celebrity does the same thing:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Many of the online cruise travel agencies have a Last Minute Deals section.

Selection is limited, but if you're available and they have unsold cabins you could snag a deal.

I wouldn't wait until the week before, though. I'd look and book now for early April.

B