Can you have 2 cabins in your name?

SissasMomE

EDITED - Our reservation is paid in full, and we are sailing next month. We have 4 people in one cabin. The 4th person was just added last minute. Before even thinking this thru, I just booked the exra person into our cabin. My hubby is dreading 4 people in 1 cabin, 1 shower, etc. I was thinking of booking another cabin - an inside - just in my name alone so we would have the extra shower. Yes, a complete waste of money but this is what my husband wants to do ... so ... can I do this?

Edited by SissasMomE

You can book you and the best friend in one cabin and dad and daughter in another cabin. You can do this and still all sleep in the same room. Or lok for connecting cabins and then you'll be able to use both rooms.

You can book you and the best friend in one cabin and dad and daughter in another cabin. You can do this and still all sleep in the same room. Or lok for connecting cabins and then you'll be able to use both rooms.

I can't. The cruise is next month. I need to book a brand new cabin.

Can't you cancel your husband out of your room and book the second room in his name and keep the two girls and you in the other. Doesn't matter if you all sleep in the same room.

I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask. I was thinking since we are after final payment that they wouldn't allow that, but I guess it really doesn't matter. It's not like we are asking for money back. thanks, I'll see what they say.

I'm pretty sure you can book 2 cabins in your name. When I just booked our 2 cabins for our May cruise, my TA ask if I wanted to book them both in my name or if I wanted to book the second one in my daughters name. :confused:

Let the readers here know how this develops for future reference - - -

One possibility being on the negative side is the manifest of cabin occupants

having the same person in both cabins for accounting during an unlikely

disaster at sea. If that poses a problem then the original booking person keeps

his name as the principle 'Lead' adult occupant of the original cabin and for

the second cabin another adult is listed as the 'Lead' occupant and is not listed

in the first booked cabin.

There is always something making these things an issue - but we have ways

to make you uncomfortable ! LOL !

Yes, you can do it. We have my husband booked in two different cabins right now. You will have to pay the single supplement for the cabin with only one person but not the port taxes and fees. You must check in to both cabins on embarkation day.

Yes, you can do it. We have my husband booked in two different cabins right now. You will have to pay the single supplement for the cabin with only one person but not the port taxes and fees. You must check in to both cabins on embarkation day.

Thanks Peg.

You know, I'd rather do that than waste money on an empty cabin. LOL

LOL, see I told you that you should have packed me in your suitcase. Now you even have a bed for me to sleep in, so I don't have to crash on the floor under your bed. :D

OK what I don't understand is why you would book another cabin and pay full fare for it under your name, wouldn't you be paying double occupancy.

So you would be paying 3rd & 4th person cabin rates in the one cabin plus double occupancy in the other. Now you may have booked under kids sail free for your daughter but still would be paying for a 3rd person that you added recently, wouldn't you?

Wouldn't you recoup some loss by seeing if NCL would just book the 2nd cabin under the last person booked. I realize it's after final payment and they are not obligated to do so, but it would never hurt to ask.

OK what I don't understand is why you would book another cabin and pay full fare for it under your name, wouldn't you be paying double occupancy.

So you would be paying 3rd & 4th person cabin rates in the one cabin plus double occupancy in the other. Now you may have booked under kids sail free for your daughter but still would be paying for a 3rd person that you added recently, wouldn't you?

Wouldn't you recoup some loss by seeing if NCL would just book the 2nd cabin under the last person booked. I realize it's after final payment and they are not obligated to do so, but it would never hurt to ask.

I'm on hold now. I'm going to see what they can do. Both kids are minors, so I can't have them in their own cabin. I'm really thinking of just buying a spa pass for the extra shower. I think my hubby is making a bigger deal of this than need be. We are literally never in the cabin except to sleep or shower. and I really, really, REALLY hate wasting money LOL

Assuming you had the 2nd cabin, why would you all sleep in the first one. Why not have two people sleep in one cabin, and two in the other.

Sure NCL will be glad to sell you another cabin.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really not comfortable with the kids being in their own cabin - especially with the insides being in their own corridor.

I'm on hold now. I'm going to see what they can do. Both kids are minors, so I can't have them in their own cabin. I'm really thinking of just buying a spa pass for the extra shower. I think my hubby is making a bigger deal of this than need be. We are literally never in the cabin except to sleep or shower. and I really, really, REALLY hate wasting money LOL

Good luck.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm really not comfortable with the kids being in their own cabin - .

I don't think so, there are a lot of families that post, and are asking about bed arrangements etc in cabins that sleep 3-4. I just think we hear a lot of posts from parents trying to get around the policy. Which makes it appear you are in the minority.

The only way I would have did this when my kids were little or would do it with my grandchildren if I didn't have them in the same room, would be with a connecting.

I completely understand where you are coming from.

I am reading this and shaking my head.... first one person CANNOT be booked in two cabins... absolutely cannot be done. Now will NCL allow one of the person to come out of that cabin and go into another with no penalty. I doubt it if the cruise is a month away they probably at 75% penalty. Unless the OP has someone else that wants to join them or NCL will allow them to upgrade to a Suite. It is extremely doubtful they can do anything at this point.

I am reading this and shaking my head.... first one person CANNOT be booked in two cabins... absolutely cannot be done. Now will NCL allow one of the person to come out of that cabin and go into another with no penalty. I doubt it if the cruise is a month away they probably at 75% penalty. Unless the OP has someone else that wants to join them or NCL will allow them to upgrade to a Suite. It is extremely doubtful they can do anything at this point.

Please re-read post #8. What part of we have two cabins (S4 and B1) booked in my DH's name right now don't you understand. It can and is done! Not sure why you are insisting what is done cannot be done???? :rolleyes:

Edited by peg013

Just a thought:

Is this still within the time where "3rd - 8th passengers in a cabin are 'free'"?

If so, all they pay, I think, is some taxes/port fees, which I thought were refunded in case a passenger cancels?

So... IF that is the case (and it might *not* be??), then "cancelling" a "free" 4th passenger should get your taxes/port fees refunded, all of which can be applied to putting that same person in with DH, since DH was already charged double (except for the second person's fees/taxes).

We have just booked a 3rd person in one of the two cabins we reserved, and the charge for that was minimal because of the special promotion.

Please keep us posted, as this situation could come up for others, although it would be different if it isn't during a promotion like the current one.

GeezerCouple

Please re-read post #8. What part of we have two cabins (S4 and B1) booked in my DH's name right now don't you understand. It can and is done! Not sure why you are insisting what is done cannot be done???? :rolleyes:

Perhaps things have changed in the last couple of years but in the past you could not have one person booked in two rooms. My husband and I were in an OS. My parents decided to join us. Although the OS could accommodate them I didn't want to ask them to sleep on the pull out sofa and I didn't want to sleep there either. I did want them to be able to enjoy the suite perks with us though. I tried to pay the 3rd and 4th person in the suite which would have allowed them to enjoy the perks, as well as get them an inside to actually sleep in. The OS was plenty big enough for us all during the day. I wasn't trying to cheat NCL or other suite cruisers out of anything. I was fully willing to pay for everything I was asking for. NCL would not allow it. I talked to several people and could not get it done. They told me that I could book it that way but before we actually traveled it would be caught and we would have to give up the room or the 3rd and 4th person in our room.

Edited by toyotaford
word spelled wrong