New Burger Concept - Noordam

POA1

This seems to be the attitude of many posters on this thread. Would you really give up your life for a rare burger? I find that incredibly sad.

I've been eating med rare burgers for more than 60 years and still very much alive. I've never been ill from a burger.

I also have never been ill from eating tomatos and spinach though I've certainly read some folks have. Maybe there's a bit of luck involved? :D :eek:

I've been eating med rare burgers for more than 60 years and still very much alive. I've never been ill from a burger.

I also have never been ill from eating tomatos and spinach though I've certainly read some folks have. Maybe there's a bit of luck involved? :D :eek:

Just because it hasn't happened so far does that mean it never will? I just don't understand the cavalier attitude about something that could make you very I'll or worse.

Just because it hasn't happened so far does that mean it never will? I just don't understand the cavalier attitude about something that could make you very I'll or worse.

Indeed.

I have never been run over by a bus but that, too, could happen. :eek:

Living is a risk. We all decide which risks are within our comfort zone. Some folks are afraid of bridges, some elevators, heights, dogs, snakes and what have you. Though I may have fears, medium rare burgers are not one of them. :D

What about the Steak Tartare in the Pinnacle? It's ground, high grade beef and raw. I ate it and did not get ill. Is there something different about it?

Diane

beautiful pic that you sent in to halfacts.com by the way. thank you:D

Steak Tartare is not hamburger. It is top beef and although it is ground, it has been eaten for many years with no issues.

My Dutch friends made it all the time and I ate it regularly without issue. I also like my steak rare - but I choose my steak carefully.

On the other hand, my hamburgers are always cooked to at least medium - no pink :D

Yes' date=' but - walking out in front of a bus is high risk, so you wouldn't do it. And according to various health authorities, eating undercooked hamburger carries a high risk too. I guess it's a gamble for you.[/quote']

One does not necessarily have to step in front of given bus to be plowed over. This is disintegrating into the ridiculous.

Let's leave it that you can have your burger the way you want and I ask you grant the same choice to everyone else, including me. :)

If I die from a high risk burger you will have the pleasure of saying 'I told her so'. :D

I think this new Dive-In Burger place on HAL ships sounds like fun and I'm eager to see and try it. This is an improvement/change I heartily applaud.

Hey! There's another thread about burgers on the Eurodam. You guys need to head on over and turn it into a food safety debate. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2009328

Eurodam Burger Joint - The Dive-In

One does not necessarily have to step in front of given bus to be plowed over. This is disintegrating into the ridiculous.

Let's leave it that you can have your burger the way you want and I ask you grant the same choice to everyone else, including me. :)

If I die from a high risk burger you will have the pleasure of saying 'I told her so'. :D

I think this new Dive-In Burger place on HAL ships sounds like fun and I'm eager to see and try it. This is an improvement/change I heartily applaud.

Im sorry, i didn't realize that opposing views were not tolerated or welcomed.

This sounds reasonable to me. Let us make our own choices and if it does not impact anyone else, why should they care?

By way of example, I will never wipe down everything in sight in my cabin with disinfectant, but for those who wish to do so, go for it. It is all about choices!

I do believe it was you that equated the risk of eating undercooked hamburger with being hit by a bus. However, we are all entitled to state our opinion, I believe. I do not find other opinions ridiculous but if I did I would not say so on here, as that would be rude.

Im sorry, i didn't realize that opposing views were not tolerated or welcomed.

If you announced you were planning on having a go at playing Russian Roulette everyone would jump on you and say you were crazy. The same people would endorse eating a nearly raw hamburger. Major disconnect eh? :eek:

If you announced you were planning on having a go at playing Russian Roulette everyone would jump on you and say you were crazy. The same people would endorse eating a nearly raw hamburger. Major disconnect eh? :eek:

Exactly!

As I said,

you are more than welcome to say "I told you so". :D

What do you care how I eat a burger? :confused:

I seriously doubt any of you would know of my deadly illness.

I won't tell you what to eat; kindly return the favor for the rest of us.

For Pete's Sake...... this truly is ridiculous. IMO

But it sure is fun. That is what's special about a group Bulletin Board. :D Have Fun.

I normally stop contributing to threads when the ganging up starts but I'm having a good time.

This one is different than the rest. This one you are actually telling someone what and how they

should eat. I've not seen that before and I thought I had read/seen it all here in the past.

Edited by sail7seas

As I said,

But it sure is fun. That is what's special about a group Bulletin Board. :D Have Fun.

I normally stop contributing to threads when the ganging up starts but I'm having a good time.

This one is different than the rest. This one you are actually telling someone what and how they

should eat. I've not seen that before and I thought I had read/seen it all here in the past.

If you don't know the danger then people would be remiss in not telling you.

There is a reason restaurants in Canada are not allowed to offer rare hamburgers. E. coli is not a fun way to die.

I'm still hoping that the Oosterdam will have a fresh burger when I go on in July. :DAs to rare burger....I'm Canadian and we just don't eat them rare. :eek:Maybe why we live longer.:p

Could very well be. My bet is on the Tim Horton's healthful donut snacks though. ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/lifestyle/food/my-canada-includes-tourtiere/the-unofficial-national-sugary-snack.html

I'm still hoping that the Oosterdam will have a fresh burger when I go on in July. :DAs to rare burger....I'm Canadian and we just don't eat them rare. :eek:Maybe why we live longer.:p

The burgers on the Prinsendam in May & June were really good. They might have been frozen - but didn't taste it. They were quite edible - and I don't eat hamburgers that much - I tend to be a smidge fussy :D

As I said,

I can't recall one post that said you can't eat your burger the way you want it. Please point that out to me. I believe some folks have suggested it wasn't healthy. One person suggested they were pretty ok dying for it. I love my food but I'm not ok dying for anything I would eat. Frankly, I just don't understand why you are getting so upset.

I can't recall one post that said you can't eat your burger the way you want it. Please point that out to me. I believe some folks have suggested it wasn't healthy. One person suggested they were pretty ok dying for it. I love my food but I'm not ok dying for anything I would eat. Frankly, I just don't understand why you are getting so upset.

I too love my food :D but like you, don't want to die over something that is very avoidable. Had a disgusting episode with bad clams one time, never want to experience that again.

Here's a link to the CDC which indicates ground beef and needle-tenderized beef should be cooked to 160 F. I think that is considered "medium", though of course I might be wrong on that. If I am, no doubt someone will point it out.

http://www.cdc.gov/features/ecoliinfection/

And another site Food Safety

http://www.foodsafety.gov/poisoning/causes/bacteriaviruses/ecoli/

If you don't know the danger then people would be remiss in not telling you.

There is a reason restaurants in Canada are not allowed to offer rare hamburgers. E. coli is not a fun way to die.

Your concern for my well-being is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to tell my survivors to advise the good people on CC if I die from eating a medium rare burger. You can feel good in knowing you verified I was aware of the risk and bravely stepped into the dark side to eat my burger. :)

You can all have a 'We told her so" party :D at your upcoming M&M parties. Please not serve burgers. I'd be so unhappy to know they were all cooked well done. :eek:

At some point, some people might see the humor here....... hopefully. :cool: Must be a slow, boring night in the cold north.

cruz chic

Upset? No...... :D I said I think it funny and I've been enjoying the give and take. It's so kind of you all to be concerned for my welfare..... and I assume for all others here who either have commented they have their burgers rare/medium rare as well as for those who don't care to jump in and say so. ;)

Edited by sail7seas

Your concern for my well-being is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to tell my survivors to advise the good people on CC if I die from eating a medium rare burger. You can feel good in knowing you verified I was aware of the risk and bravely stepped into the dark side to eat my burger. :)

You can all have a 'We told her so" party :D at your upcoming M&M parties. Please not serve burgers. I'd be so unhappy to know they were all cooked well done. :eek:

At some point, some people might see the humor here....... hopefully. :cool: Must be a slow, boring night in the cold north.

I am already seeing the humour.

As I recall, it's been a while since your last cruise, Sail...do you have one booked in the near future?

The information in this thread isn't about the choices any particular person makes. Several people have said they eat their hamburgers medium rare. As has been noted on this board many times, lots of people READ but never post. Perhaps someone reading this thread will learn something that might change their behaviour and possibly save their life, or the life of a child.