2014 Royal, 2015 Regal Fall Transatlantic Price Comparison

billco

Checking out the new 2015 Transatlantics and noticed quite a difference in the Regal 19 day, so I booked a balcony.

Royal Princess Transatlantic Sept. 2014

17 Days From Copenhagen, Denmark to New York City

Balcony $3,599.00 Mini-Suite $4,599.00

21 Days From St. Petersburg, Russia to New York City

Balcony $4,589.00 Mini-Suite Sold Out

25 Days From Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany to New York City

Balcony Sold Out Mini-Suite $7,069.00

Regal Princess Transatlantic Sept. 2015

15 Days From Copenhagen, Denmark to New York City

Balcony $3,199.00 Mini-Suite $4,049.00

19 Days From St. Petersburg, Russia to New York City

Balcony $2,699.00 Mini-Suite $3,519.00

23 Days From Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany to New York City

Balcony 5,499.00 Mini-Suite $6,849.00

Checking out the new 2015 Transatlantics and noticed quite a difference in the Regal 19 day, so I booked a balcony.

Regal Princess Transatlantic Sept. 2015

15 Days From Copenhagen, Denmark to New York City

Balcony $3,199.00 Mini-Suite $4,049.00

19 Days From St. Petersburg, Russia to New York City

Balcony $2,699.00 Mini-Suite $3,519.00

23 Days From Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany to New York City

Balcony 5,499.00 Mini-Suite $6,849.00

Those prices seem backwards

It doesn't make sense that the longer cruise would be cheaper than the shorter one. I'd ask my TA to double-check the pricing because you could be in for a surprise.

Agree. It's definitely wrong..here's the price from Princess's spreadsheet..

ST. PETERSBURG, Helsinki, Stockholm (Nynӓshamn), Copenhagen, Kristiansand, Bergen, Glasgow/Edinburgh (Greenock), Belfast, Cork (Cobh - for Blarney Castle), St. John's (Newfoundland), Halifax, NEW YORK $3,249 N/A $4,549 $4,699

But, this happened to us a couple of years ago that Princess had priced group space wrong for a 21 day Ocean Princess cruise. The 21 day was just a few hundred more than the 7 day ...Princess honored the price as it was their mistake.

Edited by Cruise Junky

Maybe cause of the Russian issue they selling off the leg cheaper from there.

I thought the Caribbean Princess TA prices were pretty good to compared to this year Ruby TA prices for the TA that goes via Iceland.

It doesn't make sense that the longer cruise would be cheaper than the shorter one. I'd ask my TA to double-check the pricing because you could be in for a surprise.
I hope not. If so, I'll just cancel. I did book through Princess, got a confirmation e-mail, and then turned the booking over to my TA. Should have an invoice from him by tomorrow. I think he would have called back if he couldn't have got a group rate.

SCORE! Good for you Bill.:D

I think so. The Princess website shows a slight increase today.

Balcony $2,969.30 Mini-Suite $3,789.30

We booked a forward facing Deluxe Balcony for $2549.

L103 is still available for the same price.

This is a very port intensive cruise (12 ports in 20 days) that we normally wouldn't book, but the price is hard to pass up.

Booked the 19 day cruise, mid-ship deluxe balcony, $2999. There will, however, be additional costs with the cruise starting in St. Petersburg because of the Russian visa requirements.

Would we need a visa if going straight to the ship from the airport on a Princess transfer?

Would we need a visa if going straight to the ship from the airport on a Princess transfer?

From what I can find out, you will need one just to get through Russian immigration and customs before any contact with Princess. Princess has a visa service through the personalizer, about $200+ per person. You may want to call Princess and see if they give you a different answer.

BOOKED! :D

We were pricing out the 26 night itinerary on Tuesday when the itineraries opened up, but the cost was much more than we wanted to spend. Plus it includes 2 stops that we had visited before. So this is the perfect compromise!!!

I totally missed the 19 night option the other day. Thanks for posting this thread, Billco! :)

It does seem a little early for a promo rate on a cabin class, but that's a heck of a catch. If I had that much time in 2015, would book in a hearbeat!

We're planning a 17 day trip in 2016 so have to bank some days...

BOOKED! :D

We were pricing out the 26 night itinerary on Tuesday when the itineraries opened up' date=' but the cost was much more than we wanted to spend. Plus it includes 2 stops that we had visited before. So this is the perfect compromise!!!

I totally missed the 19 night option the other day. Thanks for posting this thread, Billco! :)[/size']

Easy to miss, because it doesn't show up if you do a search for transatlantics - only if searching for Regal in Septmber.

Easy to miss, because it doesn't show up if you do a search for transatlantics - only if searching for Regal in Septmber.

Ahh, ok. Thought I was losing my mind! LOL

We've never been to St. Petersberg before, so we hope to fly in a few days earlier and book a tour. That's the only drawback of embarking here - no option to join in on the tours arranged by the roll call.