Salad Dressing Change???

jennyprovo

You meant 'With a cold icky beer' dincha?

I ask because there were no nice beers available on the Sun.

Guess you don't have the next round...

Cheers!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I usually fill up a couple of plastic baggies with ranch and smuggle them aboard. Make sure if you do this you get the zip lock baggie that has the power seal. You don't want to walk through security with hidden valley running down your leg.

SNORT!!! Oh great now I'm wiping the computer screen off. Now that's a picture you don't want to linger on! :eek:LOL!!

Haha

She'll show up eventually to kill the thread.

Sometimes I just use a little lemon and olive oil instead of dressing.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Just off Getaway and the dressings were all very watery.

I was on the Breakaway a few weeks ago. The thousand island dressing was watered down and very spicy; much different than what I was used to both on previous cruises and on land. Finally had to settle for the low fat thousand island dressing which was creamy and not spicy.

That's disappointing. My husband only will eat salads if they have a dressing on them. If the dressing(s) are too watery or not as tasty, he'll be less likely to eat a salad :( . I think it's very important to get as many salads, fruits and vegetables as possible in our diet while traveling since we're doing so many unusual things during a vacation - more activity, varying sleep times, travel stress (flying, hotels, transportation, port arrival and departure times, etc.).

meatball_nyc, I do the same - use lemon on my salad. Sometimes I'll use lime or a combination of lemon and lime. All three ways are so refreshing! I also love that it's lower calorie, too :cool:.

That's disappointing. My husband only will eat salads if they have a dressing on them. If the dressing(s) are too watery or not as tasty, he'll be less likely to eat a salad :( . I think it's very important to get as many salads, fruits and vegetables as possible in our diet while traveling since we're doing so many unusual things during a vacation - more activity, varying sleep times, travel stress (flying, hotels, transportation, port arrival and departure times, etc.).

meatball_nyc, I do the same - use lemon on my salad. Sometimes I'll use lime or a combination of lemon and lime. All three ways are so refreshing! I also love that it's lower calorie, too :cool:.

Have your DH try what I do. Instead of just pouring it, shake or stir it since whatever liquid is in it will rise to the top and if you do this, the liquid will mix in. Also another tip, when getting self serve soup, always stir the soup before taking some, because if you just take from the top, the soup won't be as hot as it would be if you stirred it.

Have your DH try what I do. Instead of just pouring it, shake or stir it since whatever liquid is in it will rise to the top and if you do this, the liquid will mix in. Also another tip, when getting self serve soup, always stir the soup before taking some, because if you just take from the top, the soup won't be as hot as it would be if you stirred it.

Excellent!

Now why didn't I think of that? Cause you're the smart one:)

Thank you for the tips on the soup and dressing :cool::cool::cool:. Your stirring suggestion for soups would also help when the dressings are served out of containers like soups are - in deep containers and ladled.

Thanks again! :)

Some people don't have much of a life do they! I too don't like runny, flavorless dressings and I like a lot of dressing on my salad. Appreciate knowing this in advance so can bring my own if I choose. No corkage fee hopefully! LOL! I guess I can let you know the end of May if it is on another ship than yours. Watering down saves money, so my guess is it's probably true....:( I guess we could just eat more meat instead, that would save NCL some money.... :D

I usually fill up a couple of plastic baggies with ranch and smuggle them aboard. Make sure if you do this you get the zip lock baggie that has the power seal. You don't want to walk through security with hidden valley running down your leg.

Now there's another use for Rum Runners :eek:. ;).

cheers...the Ump...:D

At least they have creamy dressings on NCL, we were on Celebrity during thanksgiving week and they never had any ranch or blue cheese dressings on the buffet, They keep the dressings on the counter next to the salad bar, and I guess they are afraid that without keeping them cold they would go bad quickly. If you wanted blue cheese dressing, you had to get a matre'd to get you some from, them kitchen.

This, combined with this: "sometimes I just use a little lemon", (thank you Robin!), makes me think of a certain Led Zeppelin song. :cool:

Not quite related but on the subject of condiments...I'm a huge hit sauce freak and put it on just about everything...is hot sauce regularly available or should I bring a bottle on with me?

Also, a huge salad eater but I prefer to add some additional vinegar with whatever actual dressing I am eating- is vinegar available on the salad bar or just mixed dressings, I.e balsamic vinaigrette?

TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously omw to get a bacon pizza and a side of ranch because of this thread. Not adventurous enough to throw maple syrup into the mix

Maple bacon - on the pizza - would get you there too!! ;)

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app