Friends Of Dorothy

bryjohn

It's no longer called Friends of Dorothy. It's now the nightly GLBT get together. We were on Equinox last month and it was every night at 7:30 pm at the martini bar. It will be listed on the board near guest relations on deck 3.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by prim8keeper

It's no longer called Friends of Dorothy. It's now the nightly GLBT get together. We were on Equinox last month and it was every night at 7:30 pm at the martini bar. It will be listed on the board near guest relations on deck 3.

Good thing too. The "Friends of Dorothy" tag really needs to be retired. I only hear it used as a derogatory term these days.

Good thing too. The "Friends of Dorothy" tag really needs to be retired. I only hear it used as a derogatory term these days.

I agree! Using GLBT is also more inclusive in my opinion.

AA has one too. It's called Friends of Bill.

I'm waiting for Celebrity to acknowledge my group -- Friends of Wine. We can all meet in Cellar Masters for cocktails before dinner. :rolleyes:

aa has one too. It's called friends of bill.

I'm waiting for celebrity to acknowledge my group -- friends of wine. We can all meet in cellar masters for cocktails before dinner. :rolleyes:

lol!

Edited by drarill

I'm waiting for Celebrity to acknowledge my group -- Friends of Wine. We can all meet in Cellar Masters for cocktails before dinner. :roll eyes:

Now that's funny!:D

I'm waiting for Celebrity to acknowledge my group -- Friends of Wine. We can all meet in Cellar Masters for cocktails before dinner. :rolleyes:

So, does that make the group's name....FOW?

:D

How many people met nightly?

Just wondered if this means the martini bar will be jam packed every night at 730.

7 or 7:30 glbt gatherings are always a waste for us. We always do early dinner and are still eating so have never attended an event onboard. I wish Celebrity would take a hint from other lines and hold them at better times.

Edited by Moobaby214

In the interest of becoming less discriminatory and more inclusive... :confused:

The organization previously known as FOV, (Friends Of Olives) will henceforth be known as "The GOVV Group" (Gin, Olives, Vodka, Vermouth) :eek:

Meetings will still be conducted every night at your friendly neighborhood Celebrity Martini Bar... ;) :D :p

Dress code will be come as you are... shaken, stirred, sweet, dry, or dirty!

Edited by teecee60

7 or 7:30 glbt gatherings are always a waste for us. We always do early dinner and are still eating so have never attended an event onboard. I wish Celebrity would take a hint from other lines and hold them at better times.

On the Reflection last April, it was held at 10:15 PM in the Molecular Bar, which was a pretty terrible venue considering all the through traffic and there was no host or signage.

Cunard is much better in this regard, holding the GLBT gatherings at 5PM in an area clearly indicated by signage and in some cases the Cruise Director would host. They also listed it in the daily program, albeit as "Friends of Dorothy."

Edited by memory-minus

How many people met nightly?

Just wondered if this means the martini bar will be jam packed every night at 730.

Honestly, I don't know since we were usually at dinner then. As another poster commented, 7:30 pm is not a great time to meet unless you have the early seating. That said we did meet other LGBT cruisers just around the ship. At the end of the day where the meeting is held and at what time will be determined by the CD I assume.

Honestly, I don't know since we were usually at dinner then. As another poster commented, 7:30 pm is not a great time to meet unless you have the early seating. That said we did meet other LGBT cruisers just around the ship. At the end of the day where the meeting is held and at what time will be determined by the CD I assume.

Since when do you need a CD to tell when you can have a good time :rolleyes:

You must have missed it! Before dinner is too late - we meet after breakfast!!

Not putting anyone down, just wondering why they need to have special gatherings? They don't have social gatherings for heterosexual folks per se. I get the AA meetings, as it can be hard to stay on track or whatever the right words are, particularly when everyone around you is drinking and sometimes alot:). I really don't care one way or the other but wonder why people want separate gatherings? I have several close friends who are gay. I can't imagine them desiring to go to a separately labeled party.

Not putting anyone down, just wondering why they need to have special gatherings? They don't have social gatherings for heterosexual folks per se. I get the AA meetings, as it can be hard to stay on track or whatever the right words are, particularly when everyone around you is drinking and sometimes alot:). I really don't care one way or the other but wonder why people want separate gatherings? I have several close friends who are gay. I can't imagine them desiring to go to a separately labeled party.

It's fun to meet other people with something in common, much like the Cruise Critic meet-ups on board. Having a set time and place to gather makes it easier for that to happen. :)