Here comes Lusi...

Cyclone Lusi , which killed 3 people in Vanuatu has moved south and is now just approaching the top of NZ. Warnings have been out early as it has been expected and some ships have taken action . Ocean Princess left a day early and missed a call to Tauranga to avoid it.

Opinions vary as to how strong it will be. Signs are it is weakening and is now predicted to slip down the west coast of NZ.

Sea Princess is heading for Fiordland but hopefully should miss it .

Any other ships in its path?

Celebrity Solstice is also heading for Fiordland. She left Melbourne a couple of days ago. I guess she will stay tucked up in one of the sounds if things get too rough. I note that Voyager of the Seas appears to be in Tauranga today.

Edited by Beanb41

Queen Victoria missed the Bay of Islands today due to Cyclone Lusi :( (and looking at her webcam today it looks like its getting rough where she is!)

ShowImage.aspx?i=231935

Queen Victoria at ShipWatcher

Voyager of the Seas is in Tauranga today, but I don't think they will make it to Napier tomorrow, as they are forecasting gales for the area.

Sun Princess is in Wellington today, but I don't think they will make Akaroa tomorrow, as they are forecasting gales for the area.

Marina could get a bumpy ride to Noumea!!

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser

Celebrity Solstice is also heading for Fiordland. She left Melbourne a couple of days ago. I guess she will stay tucked up in one of the sounds if things get too rough.

If it gets rough down there, she won’t tucked up in one of the sounds in Fiordland, it will be too dangers for her there, she would head to Port Chalmers, Dunedin or to Wellington.

Queen Victoria missed the Bay of Islands today due to Cyclone Lusi :( (and looking at her webcam today it looks like its getting rough where she is!)

ShowImage.aspx?i=231935

Queen Victoria at ShipWatcher

Voyager of the Seas is in Tauranga today, but I don't think they will make it to Napier tomorrow, as they are forecasting gales for the area.

Sun Princess is in Wellington today, but I don't think they will make Akaroa tomorrow, as they are forecasting gales for the area.

Marina could get a bumpy ride to Noumea!!

Our neighbours at on the QV! Guess the Captain is motoring as fast as he can Eastward to try and avoid.

Does anyone know if cruise ships are continuing to visit Vanuatu? We are supposed to cruise there next week.

I haven't heard anything from RCCL to advise of any itinerary change.

Sad to hear some people lost their lives on the islands.

As I post Lusi is unleashing her fury.

Not much rain mostly high winds. Trees are down around Auckland and in the North , causing power outages and taking the surrounding land with them . We have a local road closed around the coast due to a rockfall caused by a tree falling.

Heres a video clip showing the normally tranquil harbour in the Bay of Islands where most of the tourist boats leave from.

If you have been on a cruise to the Bay of Islands , you may recognise the wharf and Paihia..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9830946/Cyclone-Lusi-lashing-northern-NZ

Its supposed to ease in the North tonight as Lusi moves down the coast.If this ones been downgraded I would not like to have seen it at its height.:eek:

Voyager did make it to Napier today and managed to dock!! She sure looks big against the Napier Docks. The weather has deteriorated through the day and I am guessing she'll have a choppy ride on from here.