Princess vs Norwegian

After cruising with RRCL, Celebrity and Carnival we would like to try either Princess or Norwegian and will be cruising the Caribbean. We are interested in good food, comfortable cabins, and plenty of out door space ( pool, deck loungers, spas ). Any info in helping us make our decision would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. our 10 year old loves towel animals

After cruising with RRCL' date=' Celebrity and Carnival we would like to try either Princess or Norwegian and will be cruising the Caribbean. We are interested in good food, comfortable cabins, and plenty of out door space ( pool, deck loungers, spas ). Any info in helping us make our decision would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. our 10 year old loves towel animals[/quote']

I think you will enjoy either line as I have sailed both, and found them both to be similar to the lines you have sailed already. Princess is a little more like Celebrity and NCL is more like RCI and Carnival, so you can figure out which one you want to try first by going with the line more similar to the line you have enjoyed the most.

Food is always subjective, but I think you will find the MDR food better on Princess, but I prefer the Lido fare and specialty restaurants on NCL over Princess, but that is just my opinion. Others will have different experiences and preferences. Both lines do a good job with the towel animals so I think your son will like either. Enjoy whichever line you choose.

We've only done one cruise on NCL, but we enjoyed it a lot. The buffet was much easier to use and the entertainment was fantastic. Depending on the ship, it may have more to do for a 10-year-old.

We have sailed on Princess 10 times; MDR food might be better, entertainment has gone down hill. I don't remember many, if any towel animals, although I think if you ask your steward they may do that for your son. NCL does do towel animals.

If you are cruising outside of school holidays, Princess especially might have fewer kids.

After cruising with RRCL' date=' Celebrity and Carnival we would like to try either Princess or Norwegian and will be cruising the Caribbean. We are interested in good food, comfortable cabins, and plenty of out door space ( pool, deck loungers, spas ). Any info in helping us make our decision would be greatly appreciated.

We've cruised on both many times. I like Princess better because we like traditional dining. Set time same table,tablemates and waiters. I also like dressing up for dinner. NCL is freestyle eat whatever time you like dress is more casual. (Although I still "dress up" for dinner.) With Ncl we can cruise without flying.... live an hour from Boston. So for us it works. I also think Princess has great itineraries.

I did a review three years ago comparing the two lines (European sailings). The link is in my sig. block. In short, we would sail either line but our preference is for NCL, mainly because of our Platinum Latitudes perks and NCL's smoking policy being more lenient.

I've never cruised on either however I was given a choice for my upcoming cruise of either Princess or NCL and I chose Princess. from my extensive research the food on Princess appears to be much much better. Also my brother said he'd never go on another NCL cruise bc the last one he was on was so bad. NCL is cheaper and I'd rather pay a little more for a bit more quality. just my 2 cents. I'm sure whatever you do it will be amazing!

Just like comparing a diamond to a lump of coal in my opinion.

If you like brash and loud colours everywhere then NCL is your line. More subdued and tasteful then Princess

Like good food other than having to pay for a speciality restaurant then go with Princess. NCL spends the least per passenger per day of any line a float on food. Princess spends twice as much as NCL

Don't like formal nights then NCL is your line. Even on their suggested dress up night you could very well be sitting next to shorts, tee shirts and flip flops. Happened to me.

Been on more than a dozen Princess cruises. One cruise on NCL was two too many for me and I was in a suite.

I'd say of the 3 cruise lines you've sailed, if you prefer RCI or Celebrity, book Princess. If you prefer Carnival, book NCL.

We have sailed both NCL and Princess.

From a MDR perspective, we prefer Princess. However, NCL has very good and varied specialty restaurants.

You did not ask about entertainment, but I agree with another poster that NCL's entertainment is better.

We like the overall atmosphere on Princess better than NCL. As someone else mentioned, NCL is closer to Carnival, and Princess is closer to Celebrity.

I've sailed both in the past year or so. Princess will always be one of my first choices but I wouldn't hesitate to sail NCL again.

Both lines use their newest and largest ships for the peak Caribbean season. On Princess the open decks are very, very crowded on nice sunny days; can't speak for NCL as I was on a smaller ship in cool weather.

Both lines' cabins are comfortabe and ergonomically designed (though if considering Norwegian Epic, much further research should be done) with a bit more storage space on Princess.

For food I give Princess the edge: their pizza slices and goodies from the 24-hour International Cafe blow away the casual dining/snacking on NCL. But...you may find that the cost of cruise fare plus the unlimited specialty dining package on NCL to be the same as the fare alone for an equivalent cabin on Princess. If so I would jump on that in a second. The food and especially the service you will get will make you feel like you are on one of the premium lines--for half the price.

And as for towel animals: yes on NCL, generally no on Princess unless you make a special request of your cabin steward.

Over the years I have decided to try various cruiselines out for myself. I haven't had a bad cruise yet.

ALL cruiselines have had cutbacks over the past few years.

I view NCL as better than Carnival. I do think Princess is similar to Celebrity. But none of that matters because I'm on a ship going to fun places.

I would go on any of the ones you mentioned. There is no cruiseline that I'd say "never again." :)