Bringing wine on board?

Little Rascal

Yes, you can bring on one 750 ML bottle per person at no charge. It remains free if consumed in your room. You will pay a $15 corkage fee for each bottle you bring to dinner.

Sorry, but this is incorrect.....one free, all the others are 15$ no matter where you drink it.

Her is my version of the Princess policy. "As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be stolen since we no longer consider the passengers as guests, but merely cash cows.”

Sorry, but this is incorrect.....one free, all the others are 15$ no matter where you drink it.

It was one free per adult on my Ruby cruise March 6th. Maybe it differs for other cruises but I know for sure that is what the contract said and what occurred when me and my girlfriend both brought bottles onboard with us.

It was one free per adult on my Ruby cruise March 6th. Maybe it differs for other cruises but I know for sure that is what the contract said and what occurred when me and my girlfriend both brought bottles onboard with us.

As I said....one free per person and $15 for each additional bottle of wine.....

I know it says one .750 bottle of wine per person that you are allowed to per cruise. I guess this means that no matter how long your cruise is, that is still all you are allowed to bring on.

If your cruise is segments put together then you are allowed the one per segment.

The wine policy can be a hit and miss. So far in our two cruises this year, one we were charged for the extra bottles and one we were not. As for bring any kind of alcohol aboard at a port stop, about half the ports we visited had an alcohol collection table set up on reboarding and half did not. Last fall when we visited Aruba, I broke down and bought two bottles of my favorite gin and carried them onboard. No alcohol collection table and no one said anything when I put them through the scanner still in the plastic bag they were sold in. I carried them up to my cabin.

We are booked on a 14 day cruise as one cruise, but it goes back to FL and goes out again after the first 7 days. Can we carry on 2 bottles each even though we booked as one cruise?

No....but you can leave the ship in FLL on turnaround day and bring on 2 bottles for the second 7 day leg.

If we carry on 2 each then why couldn't we just tell them to hold the second 2 until the second week?

Apparently because they don't want to be in the storage business....but you can always try for yourself and see what happens.

We have the same situation coming up in a couple of days:)

You can bring on as many as you want, however you'll be charged the corkage fee on those beyond the one per person allowed. They will stamp the bottles you pay for with a sea witch symbol and those you are able to take to the dining room without additional charges. For the "one free" bottle per person you are allowed, it won't be stamped. If you take an unstamped bottle to the dining room, you are subject to a $15 corkage fee. It is the dining room staff that determines how diligent they are about charging.

If you plan to get off the ship for a Total Wine run at the turn around, you may have to have separate boarding passes to show that you have booked as two distinct cruises. I'm not sure about that.

If you plan to get off the ship for a Total Wine run at the turn around, you may have to have separate boarding passes to show that you have booked as two distinct cruises. I'm not sure about that.

For turnaround day, you are issued an "In Transit" card, and a new key card...no need for a separate boarding pass.

If we carry on 2 each then why couldn't we just tell them to hold the second 2 until the second week?

They did it for us in FLL in February but we had booked the 2 cruises as B2Bs and I had brought my second boarding pass with me. They noted our name, cabin number, type of wine and vintage in their log and on a receipt for us and said they would deliver the 2 bottles to our cabin on the last evening of the first cruise. I had my doubts (so we turned in the cheaper 2 bottles of wine :D) but sure enough when we returned from our dinner they were there - and we got a new Princess bag in the deal!

They did it for us in FLL in February but we had booked the 2 cruises as B2Bs and I had brought my second boarding pass with me. They noted our name, cabin number, type of wine and vintage in their log and on a receipt for us and said they would deliver the 2 bottles to our cabin on the last evening of the first cruise. I had my doubts (so we turned in the cheaper 2 bottles of wine :D) but sure enough when we returned from our dinner they were there - and we got a new Princess bag in the deal!

Unfortunately, ours is booked as one. Gonna try it...will just give them the cheap wine.

Question, if I were to buy wine in port during the first week, would it be delivered the end of the first week when most people are getting off the ship?

Question, if I were to buy wine in port during the first week, would it be delivered the end of the first week when most people are getting off the ship?

If they take it at the gangway yes, if there is no table set up to confiscate it no. Sometimes they really don't care whether you stop at the table or not.