Cruise Obsessing...why did I look?!

We were supposed to sail on FOS in May. Due to illness with our elderly parents on both sides, which sadly resulted in my dad passing away, we canceled our vacation.

We had two reservations on Freedom; my husband and I in one stateroom, and our daughters would have been together in an interior. My husband and I had corner aft 7708 - this would have been our first time in an aft, and we were very excited, as we'd heard great things about this room.

Fast forward to now. We're trying to book something for my husband and I. Our daughters will no longer be joining us, and since we had the $$ set aside for two reservations, we thought we'd take our first back-to-back sometime in September, 2014.

And we were looking at Allure...but I made the mistake of doing a price comparison for a back to back on FOS.

Now I know there is no comparison when it comes to the ships, BUT a back to back on FOS is over 3k less. :eek: And we've never sailed on FOS before.

No kids here, just my husband and I kicking back for two weeks.

[quote name='At Sea 4Ever']3k is a big difference! Both ships are great! I would do freedom if it meant saving that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I know. If it were just a couple hundred bucks, I would understand, but that's significant to me.

[quote name='JimAOk1945'][COLOR="Black"]It's hard to make a choice when there are good options available.

What are you most interested in . . a ship or an itinerary?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Ship. We enjoy our time on the ship a lot, but don't need tons of things to do or even shows to keep us entertained. I like to lay by the pool with my kindle and my husband likes to sit on the balcony or with me in the solarium with his kindle. We usually do trivia, but we've always had our kids with us for a family team.

We must sound a little boring, but we always have a great time.

We have been to all of these ports; the eastern more. And FOS would still be a new ship for us.

We're not big excursion people, especially since our daughters won't be traveling with us. We do like to get off the ship and walk around a little in St. Thomas, take a taxi to Marigot in St. Marten, but we're usually back on board in time for lunch. Cozumel we would book Nachi Cocom because that's a nice beach day. Edited by jules815

[quote name='jules815']Ship. We enjoy our time on the ship a lot, but don't need tons of things to do or even shows to keep us entertained. I like to lay by the pool with my kindle and my husband likes to sit on the balcony or with me in the solarium with his kindle. We usually do trivia, but we've always had our kids with us for a family team.

We must sound a little boring, but we always have a great time.

We have been to all of these ports; the eastern more. And FOS would still be a new ship for us.

We're not big excursion people, especially since our daughters won't be traveling with us. We do like to get off the ship and walk around a little in St. Thomas, take a taxi to Marigot in St. Marten, but we're usually back on board in time for lunch. Cozumel we would book Nachi Cocom because that's a nice beach day.[/quote]

Sounds to me like Freedom will fit the bill just fine for you two. For 3K, there is no doubt in my mind what my decision would be! Freedom of the Seas here I would come for two weeks!

We sailed FOS and loved our trip.
Frankly, we don't feel we'd use all the amenities on Allure or Oasis to make it worth the extra dollars.
We tend to eat in traditional dining every night so having lots of dining venues we have "the privilege" of paying to eat in holds no big draw for us.:)

We had to choose between the FOS and Allure this year as well. Our price difference was $500 for one week. The FOS is $500 less. We have been on it once and on the allure 3 times

I think we will miss the Allure this year but for $500 had to do it.

That said $3000 is a LOT !!!:) I would and did pick the FOS for a lot less

Good to hear.

I'm so glad I even checked the prices on FOS. I was so certain Allure was the ship for us this time, but since we've made up our minds about finally doing a back-to-back, I can't justify spending that much more for Allure. And those aren't suite prices; those are ocean view balcony prices.

And we also enjoy the MDR. We typically do one night in Chops, so on a back-to-back we can do Chops one week and Portofino, and not feel overwhelmed that we're missing out on something, or missing out on our time in the MDR. That was something that was bothering me a little.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

A B2B on any ship is an incredible experience and we love them. The savings you've mentioned is significant! The Freedom-class ship is also a great experience; I'm sure you will have a wonderful time should you choose to do this.

Best to you.

I agree, save the $3000. FOS is our favorite ship. We will be doing our 10th cruise in Nov. and always go on a different ship. But this Nov we will be back on FOS as they are moving next year and i couldn't bear not going on her again. We are both a young 70 but your type of enjoyment sounds like ours.
I might suggest making Allure a future cruise as doing her first might make it hard to be awd by FOS and I promise you will be. Happy sailing!

[quote name='ryano']Sounds to me like Freedom will fit the bill just fine for you two. For 3K, there is no doubt in my mind what my decision would be! Freedom of the Seas here I would come for two weeks![/QUOTE]

Ship time is wonderful! 1st very sorry for your loss and family stress, alone and a b2b wow!! Save the extra money and do something at home with the family. I'm sailing on the allure for the first time and if I had the time I would trade it in for any ship b2b! DH and I will be celebrating our 30 th anniv and our 1st trip alone no family friends it took us 12 trips prior to do this lol. I'm sure this trip you well deserve so kick back relax enjoy! Have a wonderful time :) post all about it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree don't waste 3K. The FOS will be great, plus it has more stops!

The Allure and Oasis prices jumped up significantly with the current promotion. I booked prior to the promo for much less. My last Balcony ocean view room on Oasis last Sept was 949 before tax and discounts. I bet the prices will have to come down to fill these ships. Sept is slow season

I will let you know if it drops.

Two weeks is fantastic, don't worry, if you like relaxing and reading it sounds like you are not a boring person but someone that knows how to relax and entertain themselves. Sounds like you deserve a good relax after the time you have had. Enjoy!