Martini Martini Martini ( in your best Jan Brady voice)

scubamommy!

I keep reading about The Martini Bar. How Fabulous it is and how crowded it is now ( especially with the 123). We leave in two weeks and I just can't wait. We upgraded to the premium package and I am making it my mission to try as many as possible. Don't worry I won't do it all in the same day.

But what I am wondering is, if this Martini Bar is so popular and so crowded why is there not more? Can one get these fancy martinis at any bar or only there? I am hoping the answer is anywhere. Especially perhaps as a pre dinner cocktail in the MDR. If not we will just stop there on our way, no worries, just curious.

Two more weeks and we will be on the Connie ( first Celebrity Cruise). I'm a tad excited!

The Martini Bar menu is specific to that bar, but you can order a more common martini at other bars. Enjoy! The crowds are usually heaviest during the predinner hours, say 5-730. It thins out after that.

Love the Martini Bar. Others are correct; they have a special menu you can only get there, but other basic martinis you can get at any bar.

I always get to know bartenders at my favorite bar on day one. At the Martini Bar on Connie you'll want to start talking to Marko from Serbia on day 1. He's very nice and was my favorite bartender on the Connie last month. Talk to him about Serbia and about his plans once he is done working with Celebrity ( I believe he was planning to go to film school ) as he is working on Celebrity to save money to go to college. Great guy, great bartender and he will always take care of you no matter how crowded it is!

Cheers and Happy Sailing!

Terry, although we can't afford to be HUGE tippers we DO like to TIP EXTRA, its very satisfying for us and lots of fun! We plan on taking lots of extra small bills to spread around, besides our regular included gratuities. May I ask if you are talking about an extra $10 or more like $20?

Paul, thanks for the name, we will certainly stop by and tell him he has been raved about on CC!

Arrived nightly around 7 pm on our recent Summit cruise. We usually found one bar stool and sometimes two right away. By 7h45 when we would leave to go to dinner (select) the place was hopping.

I think it is just a question of timing.

I usually had to ask for the second drink to be made with less alcohol or I'd never have made it to dinner :p.

Our favourite place to get a martini is not at the martini bar - it's the pool bar. Late afternoon, sun getting low in the sky ... way more magical than being inside. DH always has a Sapphire martini where I usually have a cosmo .

If you're on a ship with Molecular Bar, try their indulgence. Oh my goodness, I'm still dreaming about the Godiva taste as it slides down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bar top is frosted and a nice novelty but that novelty wears off fast. It is fun to watch the BT mix the drinks at that bar and Molecular Bar. There are plenty of seats and tables in the area if the bar is full.

🍸🍹🍷

We were on Solstice in Oct last year and think it was the 123 that had the bar packed most of the time for the first week of the 12 night cruise, and then suddenly they were gone. Can only imagine what changed, but the last bit of the cruise we were able to get seats anytime. I know I will probably gets some flames for this, but will say that the thing that drove me nuts was seeing a number of single guys sitting there drinking beer and watching the show. As mentioned above, this is the only bar where the special martinis are served but beer is available anywhere. I really feel these guys are entitled to enjoy the show as much as anyone because it is part of what make Celebrity so much fun, but it just drove me crazy when seats were so hard to come by.

Some of the other bars may be equipped to make the larger specialty martinis from the martini bar.

We've found this is sometimes the case at the Ensemble lounge on the S class ships. Also, on the Galaxy (no longer part of the Celebrity fleet) they had martini bar menus at the tables in one area of the sky bar.

So it can't hurt to ask if they can make them and if they have a copy of the Martini Bar menu available.

Edited by Lsimon

Thanks everyone! LOVE the pictures. Two questions:

1- Not sure if Molecular bar is on The Connie? Anyone?

2- Is the Martini Flight included in the Premium package? If not a will just order one at a time to try them all. ;)

It was an additional $3.00

Oh good that's great to hear, thank you. We are on the late seating so won't even arrive till 7:30, hope your predictions are true!
Good luck finding a seat arriving that late. Since you're on a M class ship, it's the most popular bar. We loved it on the Summit in October and in 2 weeks we'll be experiencing our first S class ship with the Molecular Bar. :)

The Martini Bar menu is specific to that bar, but you can order a more common martini at other bars. Enjoy! The crowds are usually heaviest during the predinner hours, say 5-730. It thins out after that.

Also a sunset bar junkie, with the next 3 cruises booked in 1138/40/41! A quick walk down the steps to my own heaven on earth!!

If you like good tequila, try the Jaliscotini! My favorite!!