FAO Bonnie Itinerary Change April 15th Journey

Glenndale

Hi Bonnie and welcome to Cruise Critic.

I have just discovered that my cruise on Journey leaving Mumbai has been rescheduled and will not now be visiting Safaga but instead calling at Eilat.

Can you tell me if the 25% excursion discount will still be applied on any excursions booked for this new port of call bearing in mind my excursion in Safaga was booked before January 4th?

Bonnie,

Welcome from the US Virgin Islands! I am thrilled you are onboard to provide further connection between CC and Azamara!

We are also on the April 15th Cruise which now seems to have a schedule change. We have booked all our shore excursions through Azamara except for the stop in Aqaba. We booked a rental car to go to Wadi Rum on our own and then drive to Petra to stay overnight there so we would be able to maximize our time in the morning at the site. There is a personal reason for doing this - the soonest the revised itinerary can be confirmed would be most appreciated so we can try to rebook our time in Aqaba.

Thanks so much and Welcome again!

Richard

Hi Bonnie and welcome to Cruise Critic.

I have just discovered that my cruise on Journey leaving Mumbai has been rescheduled and will not now be visiting Safaga but instead calling at Eilat.

Can you tell me if the 25% excursion discount will still be applied on any excursions booked for this new port of call bearing in mind my excursion in Safaga was booked before January 4th?

Hi Glenndale, yes it is true that the port of call to Safaga has been cancelled. I have asked HQ to let me know about the 25% excursion discount for Eliat. I'll let you know as soon as I hear.

Below is the notice I received:

"Due to security concerns in Egypt, we have decided to cancel the port of Safaga, Egypt scheduled for Sunday 27 April 2014.

• In its place, we will offer our guests a overnight stay in the port of Eilat, Israel.
  • Eilat is located in the Gulf of Aqaba, right next door to Aqaba."

signed, Bonnie

Hi Glenndale, it is best to call Azamara and they will work with everyone on a case-by-case basis re. any special you used to book shore tours that you want honored.

Try one of these two phone numbers: Azamara Call Center 877-222-2526, or Azamara Customer Service 877-999-9553

Am I the only one who can't see this update?

Hi Nitemare,

What are you referring to when you say you're not seeing my updates? I am relatively new to this medium (the CC formatting etc) so it well could be I'm doing something wrong! :confused:

Hi Glenndale, it is best to call Azamara and they will work with everyone on a case-by-case basis re. any special you used to book shore tours that you want honored.

Try one of these two phone numbers: Azamara Call Center 877-222-2526, or Azamara Customer Service 877-999-9553

Hi Bonnie,

Presumably these call centres are based in the USA?

It seems a little like a sledgehammer to crack a nut, it might be easier just to accept a refund and book a private tour.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Bonnie,

It seems a little like a sledgehammer to crack a nut, it might be easier just to accept a refund and book a private tour.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome, Glenndale.

Hi Nitemare,

What are you referring to when you say you're not seeing my updates? I am relatively new to this medium (the CC formatting etc) so it well could be I'm doing something wrong! :confused:

your post at 7:53PM EDT titled "ITINERARY: 15-Apr-14 Mumbai to Piraeus", above, is blank to me.

your post at 7:53PM EDT titled "ITINERARY: 15-Apr-14 Mumbai to Piraeus", above, is blank to me.

That's odd. What it includes is a cut&paste of the new itinerary. It shows up here on my end, and it even shows up in the response you sending me asking about it.

So in that message, is it just blank, as in NOTHING?? I may need to ask someone about that, or simply not cut & paste graphics.

Are you able to read my Blog#1 I just posted? It was cut & pasted, and includes photos of me & Bill Leiber.

That's odd. What it includes is a cut&paste of the new itinerary. It shows up here on my end, and it even shows up in the response you sending me asking about it.

So in that message, is it just blank, as in NOTHING?? I may need to ask someone about that, or simply not cut & paste graphics.

Are you able to read my Blog#1 I just posted? It was cut & pasted, and includes photos of me & Bill Leiber.

Found your blog without too much difficulty here:-

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/connect-share/blog/

but there's absolutely nothing showing re the itinerary in your above post.

Bonnie,

I think what Glendale was trying to say was....why are you giving us poor lesser mortals in the UK telephone numbers for USA Azamara so that we can sort out on an individual basis tours we prebooked?????

Surely Azamara know who booked what and when ....we booked our tours back in 2013..and paid for them so why would we even consider a call to USA?? Are you and Azmara really happy that we might all now go and book private tours?

Also your link to the new itinery is NOT active.

This might seem harsh but your replies are not conducive to happy pax.

Joyce

Joyce

I do think your post was quite harsh. Could just ask for the UK cust service #. I'm sure you already have it.

I"m glad she is here willing to answer your questions.

Enjoy your day.

CC

I think it was too. Bonnie is new here, the way the boards work and international flavour of the posters. I think we need to give a little and help her into the role. We will all benefit from that.

The telephone number that was quoted in the itinerary change email I received is 01932 834243. I posted a link to the new itinerary a couple of posts back. Hopefully the new shorex will be posted shortly.

Phil

Hello Joyce, Glenndale, et.al. - I hadn't noticed the little box in the top right corner with information re. your country of origin. I apologize for that. Given that our guests hail from all over the world, you are correct that my information should be country specific and not US-centric. :o

I am also now aware that not all browsers support cut&paste. I logged on with an iPad and do see that instead of the revised itinerary I posted the other day it was a broken box icon.

Please do not interpret my first week's learning curve as a slight to you or to UK cruisers as a whole. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I want you to have a lovely cruise, and to have the opportunity to immerse yourself in all the destinations you visit with Azamara, regardless of whether you buy the shorex from us, from an independent operator, or simply go ashore and explore on your own. I know when I cruise I do a bit of each throughout a voyage. What's most important is that you enjoy your visits, meet the people, and bring back lovely memories of the places you visited.

Now, all mea culpas aside, yes, ACC will honor any early-booking special you may have used, and yes, they will know by looking at your reservation when you/your agent call in to discuss options. And yes, you/your agent should call in because only you will know what you'd like to select as an alternative shore excursion. I'd wait a bit though, because, as Phil and CC, my gallant defenders :), noted, our tour coordinators are busy arranging replacement tours for Eilat.

b.rgds/bb

Hello Joyce, Glenndale, et.al. - I hadn't noticed the little box in the top right corner with information re. your country of origin. I apologize for that. Given that our guests hail from all over the world, you are correct that my information should be country specific and not US-centric. :o

I am also now aware that not all browsers support cut&paste. I logged on with an iPad and do see that instead of the revised itinerary I posted the other day it was a broken box icon.

Please do not interpret my first week's learning curve as a slight to you or to UK cruisers as a whole. Nothing could be further from the truth!

I want you to have a lovely cruise, and to have the opportunity to immerse yourself in all the destinations you visit with Azamara, regardless of whether you buy the shorex from us, from an independent operator, or simply go ashore and explore on your own. I know when I cruise I do a bit of each throughout a voyage. What's most important is that you enjoy your visits, meet the people, and bring back lovely memories of the places you visited.

Now, all mea culpas aside, yes, ACC will honor any early-booking special you may have used, and yes, they will know by looking at your reservation when you/your agent call in to discuss options. And yes, you/your agent should call in because only you will know what you'd like to select as an alternative shore excursion. I'd wait a bit though, because, as Phil and CC, my gallant defenders :), noted, our tour coordinators are busy arranging replacement tours for Eilat.

b.rgds/bb

That's exactly the information I needed Bonnie, thanks, I will wait a while longer to see what Azamara come up with.

It did seem a little odd, I must confess, that you were suggesting

I called the States to discuss my excursion discount.:)

You are right, your guests hail from all over the world, and often non U.S. guests do feel a little neglected especially due to seemingly better terms and conditions and lower prices when booking on your side of the pond.

Azamara is the only company I know of on this forum that has a blogging officer to interface with their guests. It does them credit. Here's wishing you success in your new job.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for your help.

Hi Glendale remember me, Sue from the QV? Anyway thought I would pass on the customer service number for the UK to you: 01932 834200 - its a joint number with Royal Carribean but you do get through to amn Azamara rep eventually! Sue :)

If you have never been to Petra, I would try to arrange a trip there. It is amazing! Can be done in one day but overnight would be even better. I am assuming that you can easily cross the Israeli border to Jordan.

Welcome Bonnie!

We still haven't received complete information for this change of itinerary. There are many unanswered questions and conflicting times/dates in our on-line itineraries. Some people on the cruise are leaving home in just a few days and are desperately seeking answers.

Please can you help?