Another Celebrity Customer Service Thread

MsSoCalCruiser

I need to vent. I hope this isn't a sign of bad times to come. I want to start off by saying that the main guy that usually helps, I believe he is a CVP, is amazing. He is not in today or I would call him.

One of the rooms booked is in a location that my friends are not too happy with so we've been calling every few days to see if we can change the location.

Today, I called the main number for Celebrity. A recording asked if I wanted to leave my phone number because the wait time was I believe approximately 28 minutes. I left my phone number. Approximately a half hour or so later, I received a phone call from a very nice young lady. Oh joy, she thinks she found something but needs to go and speak with her supervisor first. Yes, that's fine, I will hold.... I'm holding, I'm holding… I'm now on the phone for 23 minutes and you guessed it! Click, the phone disconnects. Are you kidding me?

I tried to call back the number that is on my caller ID but it is not valid number. I then call the main number for celebrity and you guessed it the hold time is close to half an hour. Next, I decided to try the phone number that they list on their website, the one that says they will call you. Well they called me right back. It was a recording. The recording basically stated that due to technical difficulties that it wasn't working.

Which takes me back to the beginning of this post. A nice young lady called me. She has my phone number. When she put me on hold and then we were disconnected after 23 minutes, why didn't she call me back???

Thank you for listening. Rant over :(

You feel she dropped the call, and maybe she feels you dropped the call. Either way, it stinks.

A friend of our Son & DIL in K.City works at the call cntr, and said they are way over loaded. Maybe RCCL will learn that tax credits to set up shop in a small mid west town were not a great idea with a smaller work force to choose from.

Only thing to do is call back and sit on hold :( we may feel your pain but only they can get er fixed!:)

Edited by wallie5446

You feel she dropped the call, and maybe she feels you dropped the call. Either way, it stinks.

A friend of our Son & DIL in K.City works at the call cntr, and said they are way over loaded. Maybe RCCL will learn that tax credits to set up shop in a small mid west town were not a great idea with a smaller work force to choose from.

Only thing to do is call back and sit on hold :( we may feel your pain but only they can get er fixed!:)

It really doesn't matter to me who dropped the call. All I know is I was listening to a recording over and over and over again, then click. My thing is why doesn't she call me back? She obviously has my phone number along with all of the other information. So frustrating.

You're correct, only they can get it fixed. Can we have a little help here Celebrity?

I used to have the same frustrating interactions. Now I work with one vacation planner who actually knows the answers to my questions or, if she doesn't, finds out and gets back to me. I have her email and extension number and she returns calls and emails promptly. A big difference.

Just retread your post. Didn't get CVP. Yes, when they are off, it is back to square one. Once I did a courtesy hold until she got back....

Everyone is already booked and one room needs to be changed to a different location. I called again and left a call back request with a wait time of about half hour.... Almost an hour with no call back. Then phone rings, I answer but no one is there.

I give up.

It really doesn't matter to me who dropped the call. All I know is I was listening to a recording over and over and over again, then click. My thing is why doesn't she call me back? She obviously has my phone number along with all of the other information. So frustrating.

You're correct, only they can get it fixed. Can we have a little help here Celebrity?

You were actually able to call back after all that waiting and getting cut off? My phone would have been in pieces!

My question is, why didn't the nice lady ask her supervisor about the cabin she had found BEFORE she called you back? I guess that would have involved thinking. If only these people knew how much they turn people off by saving money on bad call centers manned by people who can't speak proper English (not saying your lady is in this category). I hope you get this resolved.

You were actually able to call back after all that waiting and getting cut off? My phone would have been in pieces!

My question is, why didn't the nice lady ask her supervisor about the cabin she had found BEFORE she called you back? I guess that would have involved thinking. If only these people knew how much they turn people off by saving money on bad call centers manned by people who can't speak proper English (not saying your lady is in this category). I hope you get this resolved.

Thank you. The first nice lady never did call me back after we were disconnected. That happened when she was talking to her supervisor.

As of now, we still don't have a different cabin but the supervisor I asked for was able to calm me down. Thank goodness I have a wonderful CVP. I will call him on Monday, I just needed to talk to someone today.

About the phone being in pieces… Trust me... That almost happened :eek:

It happens. you got it solved and that's the important thing. At least it wasn't someone in India where English is their third language like most tech companies are doing. I bet you will forget about the incident when you're on the cruise.:)

It happens. you got it solved and that's the important thing. At least it wasn't someone in India where English is their third language like most tech companies are doing. I bet you will forget about the incident when you're on the cruise.:)

I'm sure the cruise will be amazing. What cruises isn't, right? There is something about the ocean. It makes everything okay. :)

I called the Captain's Club to get pricing and book one of the 2015 future Transatlantics that hadn't yet been released to the public, only to Captain's Club Members. I was on hold for about 20 minutes (on my speaker phone) when I heard a beep for another incoming call. I clicked the receiver to accept the incoming call, and spent 5 minutes or so on the line. After I hung up, I lost the Celebrity call.

About 5 minutes later, the phone rang. It was Celebrity Captain's Club asking if they could help me. Evidently, they have caller ID, knew my name, phone number, Captain's Club number, etc. I was pretty impressed.

I called the Captain's Club to get pricing and book one of the 2015 future Transatlantics that hadn't yet been released to the public, only to Captain's Club Members. I was on hold for about 20 minutes (on my speaker phone) when I heard a beep for another incoming call. I clicked the receiver to accept the incoming call, and spent 5 minutes or so on the line. After I hung up, I lost the Celebrity call.

About 5 minutes later, the phone rang. It was Celebrity Captain's Club asking if they could help me. Evidently, they have caller ID, knew my name, phone number, Captain's Club number, etc. I was pretty impressed.

How nice that they called you back. The person I was talking to had my name, number and all that jazz but never called me back.

Call back seems to be the way they are going. I had a call back after only 5 mins andthe agent gave me the Captains Club reduction- pay for 1B, but booked a 1A cabin.

Maybe they do ( eventually) act on our complaints.

What is a CVP?? Celebrity Vacation Planner maybe?? How do you get one of these??

That sounds right but I'm really not sure what it stands for :o

The person we work with was the one that answered the phone when we called Celebrity. He is wonderful and we couldn't ask for more :)

In actuality, she may not have had your number. She should have, but if the return call was on an auto-dialer, she may not have.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

In actuality, she may not have had your number. She should have, but if the return call was on an auto-dialer, she may not have.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

She had name, sail date, and booking number. She had all the information she needed. But that's okay.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

Small Midwest town? Okay:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the reason workers are way overloaded has more to do with the amount of people they are willing to hire for the Call center vs the workforce available in the area.

Agree with ORV, that the lack of agents at the call center is it due to available workforce. Wichita, KS is not what I would consider a small rural town! It is actually the largest city in the state of KS! They do need to hire more people, have needed to do so for a while.

OP, glad you got started and hope they resolve your issue.

Small Midwest town? Okay:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the reason workers are way overloaded has more to do with the amount of people they are willing to hire for the Call center vs the workforce available in the area.

Agree with ORV, that the lack of agents at the call center is it due to available workforce. Wichita, KS is not what I would consider a small rural town! It is actually the largest city in the state of KS! They do need to hire more people, have needed to do so for a while.

OP, glad you got started and hope they resolve your issue.

Both are factors, but lets face it, the center there is not like Seattle or Miami:D