Voyage of the Vikings 2015 is available now!

janmcn

Just found that the V of V for 2015 (July 25-Aug. 29) is now up and available on the HAL website.

Called my travel agent first thing to book this and the quotes for a solo traveler where very high: $12,000 for an inside cabin--ouch!

Called my travel agent first thing to book this and the quotes for a solo traveler where very high: $12,000 for an inside cabin--ouch!

Yikes, your best bet maybe to wait and see if they come down.

$12,000 for an inside cabin? :eek: On the Veendam??? :eek::eek: That's so far past highway robbery as to be a capital offense!

"Outrageous" is too mild a term to use.

Glad I took this cruise way back when it was merely "expensive". :rolleyes:

I pulled it up yesterday.. For an Outside "FF" cabin (Deck A towards bow) it was $17,437.40 for two including taxes, or $498 + per day..

That's about the daily rate we paid on the Prinsendam last year for 68 days to Antarctica in an Outside "E" cabin on Main Deck..

Betty

We did the VOV in 2010 and 2012. The 2015 price for an inside is almost double what we paid in 2010. And when I looked at the available cabins, the Neptune Suites appeared to be already booked.

Just a warning for those who book balcony cabins and those cabins towards the front of the ship; it is usually foggy on sea days and the ship's horn will blow every three minutes; the weather is generally cool with some rain which limits use of the balcony.

But the VOV cruise in 2010 was our best cruise ever and still remains so.

Just a warning for those who book balcony cabins and those cabins towards the front of the ship; it is usually foggy on sea days and the ship's horn will blow every three minutes; the weather is generally cool with some rain which limits use of the balcony.

Ah yes, the fog horn. I was down on dolphin and I could still hear it and it was just not at night. I remember some complaints from the balcony rooms and suites that they were not getting much sleep at night. And it was foggy both sea days and nights. And I loved that cruise!!!!

Susan

we had been wanting to do this cruise forever...but very cost prohibitive. I kept my eyes on the HAL website and low and behold, in 2013 the price dropped to $3500 p/p for an inside. We jumped. Price went up drastically several days thereafter. Guess the morale is: it pays to wait (and watch) :)

Looks like the VoV cruise is taking a cue from the Norse warriors and plundering. Only instead of your village, it's your wallet. :D

Edited by POA1

We did the VOV in 2010 and 2012. The 2015 price for an inside is almost double what we paid in 2010. And when I looked at the available cabins, the Neptune Suites appeared to be already booked.

But the VOV cruise in 2010 was our best cruise ever and still remains so.

We were on the 2010 VoV cruise, too. We also think it was the best cruise we've ever taken. We were contemplating doing it again in 2015. It has a great itinerary and we love the fact that you only have to get yourself to Boston!

$12,000 for an inside cabin? :eek: On the Veendam??? :eek::eek: That's so far past highway robbery as to be a capital offense!

"Outrageous" is too mild a term to use.

Glad I took this cruise way back when it was merely "expensive". :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you Ruth. I would absolutely love to do this cruise but not at this price. Since I'm recently retired my only hope would be to find an inside cabin at the last minute and hope the price dropped.