Ready to book - need advice please

tbmrt

I'm ready to book my cruise tomorrow morning and unfortunately don't have time tonight to read through the many posts about the beverage package.

I called and found that the Classic Beverage package is based on no more than $8.00 a drink. Does anyone know if decent wine with dinner would also be covered? How about standard vodka martinis? (absolute, stoli, etc)

Are tips included?

Also, I was told that if the prices go down, my cost wouldn't be reduced unless it went down more than the cost of the beverage package for two. Is this correct?

Thanks so much.

Barbara

Unless you want a fancy drink or high end spirits, the classic package which is included will be fine. The included wine is OK or not depending on how much you care about your wine,etc.

Did you know that you can upgrade the package on the ship for the same price as if you upgrade now. Why not just take the included package and then when on board, see if you really need to upgrade. I believe absolute and standard stoli (not elit) is included, kettle 1 or grey goose isn't.

My advice to upgrade! For $11.50 per person per day, including gratuity, you can drink all week and never have to think about the price. If you happen to go over the $13 allowance, you only pay the difference (including glasses of wine.) With the standard package, if you go over you pay the entire price. Everything at the Martini Bar is $10. The wine selection for $8 per glass is mediocre. My guess is that if you upgrade, even if you don't drink a lot, you won't regret having the option. But if you don't upgrade, you might regret it. It is true that you can upgrade onboard.

I'd agree with the advice to upgrade. One of the biggest differences is with the Classic package, if you order a $9 glass of wine, you have to pay the entire $9, since it's over the $8 max covered by the plan. If you have the premium package, and order a drink that is more than the max allowed, you just pay the difference. Order a $13 martini, and you'd only have to pay $1.

I was told there are no martinis that are included in the classic package, so if that is what you are planning on drinking then I would say upgrade now. Now if you wanted Absolute on the rocks that would be included! Too bad for me, I like Grey Goose :(

Edited by blambition

Blambition, you were told wrong information. Vodka martinis ate available on classic made with absolute and some other vodkas. NOT grey goose. Gin martinis, (not Bombay) cosmos, and a few others are also included in the classic package.

They are smaller than those offered in the martini lounge. Some have felt that ordering a martini that is free under the classic package IN the martini lounge is "frowned upon". Never bothered us when we did it, nor when we drank the $8 glasses of wine in the classic package in the martini lounge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

The thing about having smaller martinis included in the Classic Package is that there are no limits on the number you can order :). DW loves her Cosmos, and could never understand why anyone would pay extra to get larger martinis when they can simply drink more of the smaller ones under the Classic Package :)

Hank

My experience was different. Small martins were limited at the martini bar to the first day. Also, I thought the premium drinks were limited to $11 - the same price as the martini bar drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm ready to book my cruise tomorrow morning and unfortunately don't have time tonight to read through the many posts about the beverage package.

I called and found that the Classic Beverage package is based on no more than $8.00 a drink. Does anyone know if decent wine with dinner would also be covered? How about standard vodka martinis? (absolute, stoli, etc)

Are tips included?

Also, I was told that if the prices go down, my cost wouldn't be reduced unless it went down more than the cost of the beverage package for two. Is this correct?

Thanks so much.

Barbara

Thanks for all your input. I read the posts and since there was so much variation, decided to squeeze a phone call into Celebrity last night....I was told that at the Martini Bar (which we enjoy), one would have to order from the Martini menu which is $10+...However, sometimes the bartenders will let you order the Classic package martinis there (smaller, under $8 martinis, made with Absolut, Stoli, etc).

Also was told that their Happy Hour $5.50 martinis weren't able to be ordered under the Classic Package.

Since the 1-2-3 promotion perk of the Beverage Package still seems like the best deal for us (compared to paid gratuities or OBC), I think I'll book with the Classic and see if I need to upgrade when I get there.

Thanks again.

Barbara

Unless you want a fancy drink or high end spirits, the classic package which is included will be fine. The included wine is OK or not depending on how much you care about your wine,etc.

Did you know that you can upgrade the package on the ship for the same price as if you upgrade now. Why not just take the included package and then when on board, see if you really need to upgrade. I believe absolute and standard stoli (not elit) is included, kettle 1 or grey goose isn't.

Would the service charge be added if I upgrade to Premium onboard?

Thank you

Barbara

15% is added to the upgrade price regardless of when you do it. There was some discussion on these boards previously that the price of the drink packages is higher on board as compared to buying in advance, and that the cost of the upgrade from Classic package included in the promotion might follow suit. I cannot confirm this, but you might want to look into it. Also, the premium package includes premium bottled water and non-alcoholic frozen drinks if those are items that are important to you.

The happy hour martinis were covered under my classic package last November on the Equinox. I was disappointed that I didn't know about it until the last few days of my cruise. :)

I am on the 12/12/14 Equinox and took the classic package again.

Gail

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app