Back from a suite weekend on Brilliance! Any questions?

Just off BR this morning. We cashed in some RCI Visa points for the cruise, then got a cheap upgrade to JS! I just did a pictorial review on BR back in December, and not much has changed. This is really just a small update.

Anyone interested in seeing the whole ship can check it out here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1958948

We were in JS 1084 over the weekend, it was a very nice room.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu7%3B4%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963349%3B53326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3C23%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D9%3A8%3D773%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A54258%3C45235ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3A%3A8%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D9%3A8%3D773%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A54258%3C47235ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp4387%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963349%3B58326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu6%3B%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963349%3B59326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3C676%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963349%3B5%3A326nu0mrj

I wish I had taken more pictures of our suite. It was bigger than yours. :D I'll have to get them posted soon. Still thinking about writing up that review, but I'm having trouble remembering exactly what we did every day.

I had a glass of water last night just before bed, so I ended up waking up just before 4am and we were at the entrance to the channel. I went out on our balcony and watched as we passed the lighthouse at Egmont Key and then Fort DeSoto. I saw the pilot boat pull along side to drop off a harbor pilot, trail us for a few minutes, and then veer off to pick up a pilot from a cargo ship heading out. And finally under the Skyway Bridge.

I wish I had a camera capable of capturing all of that. It was really something. I'm glad I accidentally woke up.

Edited by nolesrule

We had a nice day in Cozumel with a good friend. We had a few drinks at Senor Frogs before getting back on board.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3B277%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347797326nu0mrj

Adrian, the bartender in the CL, is awesome at his job. It's impressive just to watch him make the drinks. The ladies were all in love with this one. I can't remember what it's called, some sort of fruit flavored martini.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3A263%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347795326nu0mrj

Everything else went very well, we had the best weather and sea conditions one could ask for. You couldn't even tell the ship was moving. We had excellent service and food in the MDR and Giovanni's Table. The waiters working the DL and CL were very nice and kept the drinks coming.

We only had two minor complaints:

We stopped by Rita's after returning from Cozumel. Both the Compass and the sign said that it opened at 3 pm. But when we got there it was totally empty with no sign of employees. After waiting for a while with no service we got up and left. They really don't utilize Rita's to its full potential as they did on Allure.

My other complaint is that they changed the clocks on us FOUR times on a four-night cruise! :mad: We rolled back one hour each night going out, and forward an hour both nights coming back. Totally weird, confusing and unnecessary. I have been on many cruises to Cozumel during both DST and standard time. It was not at all difficult to simply keep to ship's time and disregard the local clock.

But those two things aside it was a great cruise. I got to meet several new folks from here on CC, and reconnect with some from past cruises. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Just to get it out of the way early: I did not bring home any Cruise Compasses or pictures of the menus. :o

I wish I had taken more pictures of our suite. It was bigger than yours. :D I'll have to get them posted soon. Still thinking about writing up that review, but I'm having trouble remembering exactly what we did every day.

I had a glass of water last night just before bed, so I ended up waking up just before 4am and we were at the entrance to the channel. I went out on our balcony and watched as we passed the lighthouse at Egmont Key and then Fort DeSoto. I saw the pilot boat pull along side to drop off a harbor pilot, trail us for a few minutes, and then veer off to pick up a pilot from a cargo ship heading out. And finally under the Skyway Bridge.

I wish I had a camera capable of capturing all of that. It was really something. I'm glad I accidentally woke up.

Do that, I'd like to see them. I've never seen one of the two-bedroom suites.

I feel your pain on the memory issue. Mine gets really bad each day around 8 pm or so........;):D

Snipped the quotes....

Adrian, the bartender in the CL, is awesome at his job. It's impressive just to watch him make the drinks. The ladies were all in love with this one. I can't remember what it's called, some sort of fruit flavored martini.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Eydnjthgqubwsnrcgu%3A263%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3963347795326nu0mrj

That was the passion fruit martini that all the ladies were fawning over.

My other complaint is that they changed the clocks on us FOUR times on a four-night cruise! :mad: We rolled back one hour each night going out, and forward an hour both nights coming back. Totally weird, confusing and unnecessary. I have been on many cruises to Cozumel during both DST and standard time. It was not at all difficult to simply keep to ship's time and disregard the local clock.

You know, I thought about this a bit today, and I have a theory. The time shift was done so that we'd be in port from 8 to 6 instead of 10 to 8, making it easier on both passengers and dining room crew to make first seating. It also means generating more revenue through onboard purchases by having more evening hours. Again, just a theory, and I know that ships are in port during first seating all the time.

Also, it seems to me that it's rare for there to be a two hour time difference like that, although it's going to happen a few weeks every year now. You can thank Congress for that bit of genius.

Snipped the quotes....

That was the passion fruit martini that all the ladies were fawning over.

You know, I thought about this a bit today, and I have a theory. The time shift was done so that we'd be in port from 8 to 6 instead of 10 to 8, making it easier on both passengers and dining room crew to make first seating. It also means generating more revenue through onboard purchases by having more evening hours. Again, just a theory, and I know that ships are in port during first seating all the time.

Also, it seems to me that it's rare for there to be a two hour time difference like that, although it's going to happen a few weeks every year now. You can thank Congress for that bit of genius.

That's the one. The poor guy probably made four dozen of them over the four nights.

I'm sure they have a reason for the time shift (or at least I hope they do), I just found it exhausting. Especially last night when I left the club at around one, was in bed by two which then became three and I had to wake up at six! :eek:

Well, I'm off to write my congressman. We're getting rid of this "daylight saving time" business.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We were on a few weeks ago and the ship was full of College Spring breakers mainly from Florida schools. Not complaining, as I thought they were a fun group to watch and talk to and wouldnt mind sailing with them again.

Did you see alot of College Spring breakers?

We were on a few weeks ago and the ship was full of College Spring breakers mainly from Florida schools. Not complaining, as I thought they were a fun group to watch and talk to and wouldnt mind sailing with them again.

Did you see alot of College Spring breakers?

Yes, there were many college age folks, and also a couple of large high school band groups. None were very rowdy or unpleasant to be around though. The pool deck was constantly packed on the sea days.

That's up to the captain.............I cruised the BR in Dec and Jan and that captain did not change the clocks at all..

Mexico changes their clocks April 6th,so I imagine cruises after that,the clocks on the ship will just change twice(assuming it is the same captain you had).....

Agree about Ritas.........I do like those $5 margaritas.......need more life in that place......I don't think it should be an overflow for the WJ......

I've not been to a Park Cafe on any ships but Oasis-class ... how do the ones in the Solarium relate in terms of food? Limited seating?

Seating is about the same as when it was the Solarium Cafe, tables mostly along the starboard side of the Solarium. It can be hard to find a table depending on when you go. A couple of times for breakfast we picked up the food and sat in the Windjammer exterior area.

The food is similar to what they offered on Allure. Bagels, breakfast sandwiches and other items in the mornings. Sandwiches, pizza and soups for lunch and dinner.

I do not like the setup of Park Cafe on the BR........to me,the one on the EN is set up much better with more seating area..

I agree Kathy, I think the one on EN works better for crowd flow as well. It being at the back doesn't block up the area as bad as the ones on the Radiance Class.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Interesting about the four time changes. We were on the 3/1 Brilliance 5-day cruise, and we changed the clocks back on the third night, and moved them forward on the 4th night.

That was before DST began.

mac_tlc

Interesting about the four time changes. We were on the 3/1 Brilliance 5-day cruise, and we changed the clocks back on the third night, and moved them forward on the 4th night.

That was before DST began.

mac_tlc

Yeah, it was the same for us back in December, just a one hour change each way. But this 4 weeks where there's a 2 hour time difference really messes things up.