Equinox March 2014 Punchy Review

Natalia&Nick

Ship - stunning!

- Great cabin, big and comfy bed, nice bathroom and v nice shower

- Beautiful MDR, but Select Dining strongly recommended (lol - I heard someone complain there were too many people, haven't they ever been in a restaurant before?)

- Nice pools, loads of sunbeds (don't listen to the whingers!), indoor pool area luxurious

- Gym very nice - they even bring you iced towels ...

- Great bars, esp Martini and Molecular (a hidden gem). Get the Premium Package, relax and have anything you like

Food - just wonderful

- MDR was very good and occasionally superb

- Buffet couldn't have been any better. EG at breakfast there is all the usual plus speciality counters including loads of Eggs Benedict options and a cooked ham off the bone

- All 3 speciality restaurants superb experiences not to be missed. Tuscan was best for us, Silk nice but probably a little vanilla and Murano food a bit overrated (waiter cooked the food) but an amazing experience nonetheless

Entertainment

- There is live music EVERYWHERE, from bands, groups to duos and solo artists

- Comedians and other artists shows were mostly interesting

- Only let-down was the shows which were mostly a bit weak (a couple of the guys had no musicality - they would move, but not to the music!)

- Dance lessons in the day were pitched at the right level for most, but done by the show dancers who were a little too disinterested in my opinion.

Organisation - we arrived at the terminal at 10.45 and were in the bar before 11.30, and on disembarkation we left bob-on at 8.55 and were in the bus 20 minutes later. Perfect.

Staff - SIMPLY AMAZING!!

We had the most wonderful, wonderful cruise and holiday, better than we even imagined. Enjoy!

Ship - stunning!

- Great cabin, big and comfy bed, nice bathroom and v nice shower

- Beautiful MDR, but Select Dining strongly recommended (lol - I heard someone complain there were too many people, haven't they ever been in a restaurant before?)

- Nice pools, loads of sunbeds (don't listen to the whingers!), indoor pool area luxurious

- Gym very nice - they even bring you iced towels ...

- Great bars, esp Martini and Molecular (a hidden gem). Get the Premium Package, relax and have anything you like

Food - just wonderful

- MDR was very good and occasionally superb

- Buffet couldn't have been any better. EG at breakfast there is all the usual plus speciality counters including loads of Eggs Benedict options and a cooked ham off the bone

- All 3 speciality restaurants superb experiences not to be missed. Tuscan was best for us, Silk nice but probably a little vanilla and Murano food a bit overrated (waiter cooked the food) but an amazing experience nonetheless

Entertainment

- There is live music EVERYWHERE, from bands, groups to duos and solo artists

- Comedians and other artists shows were mostly interesting

- Only let-down was the shows which were mostly a bit weak (a couple of the guys had no musicality - they would move, but not to the music!)

- Dance lessons in the day were pitched at the right level for most, but done by the show dancers who were a little too disinterested in my opinion.

Organisation - we arrived at the terminal at 10.45 and were in the bar before 11.30, and on disembarkation we left bob-on at 8.55 and were in the bus 20 minutes later. Perfect.

Staff - SIMPLY AMAZING!!

We had the most wonderful, wonderful cruise and holiday, better than we even imagined. Enjoy!

I am going to be on this ship Oct 14 cruise to the med out of BCN so happy you loved your trip:)

Ship - stunning!

-

Staff - SIMPLY AMAZING!!

Would you perhaps remember the name of the Captain's Club Host(ess)?

It's always great to read a positive review.

Thanks leaving next week and can't wait. We plan on getting to port around 11:30. Do you know what time rooms were ready.

Also, anybody know when or what the reidel wine tasting is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Rossy was Captains club Hostess & she was delightful. I saw another post (actually two) that said they didn't like her (!). She was friendly, personable & spoke to everyone of the 450+ Elite, Elite+ & Zenith folks in Sky Lounge in Evening & Tuscan in morning. Paul Baya was the Cruise Director, he was awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We weren't on this cruise but we just booked the Equinox again yesterday for this coming December and one of the biggest reasons was in the hope Rossy will be on board. We did a 12 night western med cruise with her last October on the Equinox and we thought she was great and she really impressed us.

We're on Equinox next week! It's great to read your review just before our cruise.

So glad you liked it. You'll have the most amazing time!

Can I ask a favour? My wife is Russian and befriended a waitress who worked mostly at Cafe Bacio on deck 5 - Natasha from Ukraine. She has cropped blonde hair and a bit of shape. Would you consider passing on my wife's email address for her?

Thanks

Nick

Rossy was Captains club Hostess & she was delightful. I saw another post (actually two) that said they didn't like her (!). She was friendly, personable & spoke to everyone of the 450+ Elite, Elite+ & Zenith folks in Sky Lounge in Evening & Tuscan in morning. Paul Baya was the Cruise Director, he was awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to agree with Melody!...Hi Melody and Les!!!...Rossy was the best!!! Contrary to what previous 'reviewers' say, she was very professional in all situations and a real delight to chat with. :) Celebrity is very lucky to have her...IMHO.

Also off the Equinox this month and I posted a very pocitive review. I forgot to mention how amazing the pizza was! But so was everything. We had set late dining because I had not enjoyed select dining on my previous cruise. Our two servers were wonderful beyond compare and I really like having the same table and servers.

The only bummers were the long time to embark (more than an hour) and the two hour wait to go through Customs on our return. Oh, and the ship's snorkeling excursion was terrible. I usually book private tours and this reminded me why!

• 2 months later...