Family of 7, Sailing late December: 2 Interiors or Royal Family Suite?

I'm trying to plan a family cruise for December 2015. My brother and his wife have 7 kids. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper for them to book 2 interior cabins or just get the Royal Family suite.

I'm on hold with Royal...:rolleyes: thought I'd check here to see if I could get a response faster. :D

Of course it will be cheaper to book two insides but the overall experience will be like night and day. The RFS only holds 8 but they could probably bring in a rollaway unless one child is small enough for a pack n play.

"master bedroom w/queen bed and bath", 2nd bedroom has 2 twins and 2 Pullmans, couch in living area makes into a queen. 2nd bath in hallway. As a previous poster stated, its night and day difference between interior and rfs. If you can swing the cost, I would highly recommend it!

Never been in a suite before always inside rooms. but I say go with the cheapest! Most people spend very little time in the room so why not put any extra money towards excursions and fun stuff!

That was my thinking before this year when I had my first ever balcony...and aft cabin. I don't think I'll be going into a inside cabin again. My PR room was nice...but that balcony.... LOL!

The RFS does have the loungers and sitting table with 4 chairs on the balcony. So you could order from room service and have lunch on your nice quiet balcony instead of cramming into the WJ. It has suite perks too. If I had kids-especially little ones I'd go for the suite. If not for the extra space in the cabin and second bathroom, get it for the bathtub :D No more crammed shower stall ^_^

There is going to be no comparison between the price of a RFS vs two insides. too bad they didn't book this December and take advantage of kids sail free. Just would have paid the tax/port fee for the 7 kids.

I think suites normal price after the first two will be $500 each. But those first two passengers are pretty high for the RFS. You could probably get three inside cabins and still be way ahead of the game.

I doubt RCI is going to allow 9 persons in the RFS. I'm not sure of the ages, but I wouldn't want to be watching after 7 kids with access to the balcony. Hopefully they will be well behaved in the concierge lounge.

Hi! Sorry I had to step away from my computer for WAY longer than I'd anticipated. Stupid job...:p

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed my original post. He has 5 kids. They are a family of 7. His kids range from age 20 to age 5. :eek:

We are looking to book the Liberty for Dec 2015 out of Galveston - if they ever list those dates!! Sheesh!

I finally got someone on the phone at RCI. The guy did a mock booking for the Navigator for December 2014 and gave me a quote of $13K for the RFS. $9K for the 2 inside cabins. I did a mock booking on Freedom of the seas for December 2015 and came up with $7200 for 2 insides.

Honestly I don't think they can afford it. Even booking this far in advance. I told my dad the cost and he says "Well, we'll just have to step up and help them. If every body chips in $100 a week..."

Ummm, $100 a WEEK? What planet does this man live on??? Obviously one where you can print your own money! We're talking between $7K and $10K just for the cruise - JUST FOR THEM. I still have to pay for me and my own child. And that doesn't include excursions. Are we supposed to 'step up and pay for that' too?

I feel bad because they really want to go. But I can't afford to help them financially. That may make me a bad sister, but right now, I just can't commit to that.

Thanks for all the answers you guys!