How do you stop the obsessing? Or do you?

Fog123

It's taken us more than 20 years to finally book a cruise. We're the "we're not cruise people" type of people, or at least we were.

We leave for an Alaskan cruise in July, chosen, in part, by the wonderful help on this board. I am surprised at how much time is taken up in my day by the obsession that is now the cruise (or is it cruise that is now the obsession?). I check Cruise Critic, I google the Volendam, I look at Alaska information...

It doesn't help that I'm in Vancouver right now on work and was actually at Canada Place for meetings. I spent time gazing out the window thinking "97 more days..." and taking pictures of where the ship will be at berth.

So my question is, how do I stop obsessing about the cruise? It's still more than 3 months away.

Or do I? :)

Any advice welcome.

I'm joining you in the obsession - but it keeps me going when I've got spring fever so bad. Just when I think I"ve searched far enough back in the archives and have a clue - someone brings something up that I hadn't thought of. I'm trying to hold off buying stuff until closer but I'm keeping Amazon open and logged in just in case!!!

Lmao I'm SUPER obsessed over my first cruise! It's not even until next year in March! All I do is read everything on CC Google everything and watch YouTube obsessively! Yikes I feel like a nut! Haha but I enjoy it. I've been dying to try cruising for the past 7 years and now I'm finally going next year!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OMG, Its good to hear that I'm not the only one! Hahaha. My first cruise is in 19 days and I can't stop reading forums, watching YouTube videos, n googling what ever triggers my curiosity from a post. Even my daughter says I'm researching way too much. I'm just so excited....

This is so me! I'm 90something days away from my first cruise and I can't stop looking, researching, shopping all for this vacation. I am scared for my emotional well being after it's over and I don't have one to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think you are obsessing. Frankly those other strange people are the ones that have an issue. You, you are perfectly normal. Other people, THEY have a problem.

At work I do a calendar type thing and each day I would cut out that day so I have an accurate "days left to go" count down.

You are normal. Non cruisers are not.

OBSESSED isn't the word to describe how involved I am with making things as close to perfect as they can be for my first cruise ever! I want this to become something I do at least once or twice a year, so I am BEYOND anxious! I Google, YouTube, and check CC constantly! I prefer this addiction compared to others I can think of :-)

Senior Lady, here on some other work. I have been to your beautiful city a few times and always enjoy it. One of the highlights of the city for me is visiting Chocolate Arts, the best chocolate store in the world. Of you haven't been, try their rhubarb chocolate, which sounds strange but is now my most favourite chocolate flavour.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fog123, I am about to go on my 7th Cruise and I am obsessed with it, and researched it to death even down to looking on "Google Earth" at the places we are visiting and I get like this EVERY cruise we do on whatever line we are crusing with. You Tube is pumped for info and everything watched!

Just love it so much can't wait. Then once home check my "bucket list" of curises we want to do (there is actually one two left now on the list) and then it all starts again!

Just enjoy and Happy Cruising :D

It's taken us more than 20 years to finally book a cruise. We're the "we're not cruise people" type of people, or at least we were.

We leave for an Alaskan cruise in July, chosen, in part, by the wonderful help on this board. I am surprised at how much time is taken up in my day by the obsession that is now the cruise (or is it cruise that is now the obsession?). I check Cruise Critic, I google the Volendam, I look at Alaska information...

It doesn't help that I'm in Vancouver right now on work and was actually at Canada Place for meetings. I spent time gazing out the window thinking "97 more days..." and taking pictures of where the ship will be at berth.

So my question is, how do I stop obsessing about the cruise? It's still more than 3 months away.

Or do I? :)

Any advice welcome.

Have a cup of coffee and a doughnut. Take a deep breath. Take a nap. Then start obsessing all over again.:D Once you're hooked, the obsession never goes away. I have found that the more research and planning you do ahead of time, the more relaxing and stress free your cruise will be. Hope you have a great cruise!:)

We booked our cruise in Feb of 2013 and we don't go until May 31 of this year. While it's finally getting close, Ive been obsessing all that time. we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and it's our first vacation without the kids! Can't wait!!!!

When we talk about it with family and friends they just don't understand the excitement. None of them have ever cruised before though. I think all fellow cruisers understand. That's whats nice about cruise critic, we can talk to others who know.

I'm in the same "boat." Started out 100+ days, down to 50+ to wait. I've created a comprehensive checklist, planned our port itineraries, done a lot of specialty shopping, planned my wardrobe and I check CC at least daily. Now focusing on losing a couple of extra pounds so I can gain them back onboard. :) As for that "post cruise let-down," my plan is to consider booking the next one while onboard the first!

I'm in the same "boat." Started out 100+ days, down to 50+ to wait. I've created a comprehensive checklist, planned our port itineraries, done a lot of specialty shopping, planned my wardrobe and I check CC at least daily. Now focusing on losing a couple of extra pounds so I can gain them back onboard. :) As for that "post cruise let-down," my plan is to consider booking the next one while onboard the first!

Since there is no known cure for cruising addiction, why fight it? Might as well go ahead and "feed" that addiction!:rolleyes::D

So my question is, how do I stop obsessing about the cruise? It's still more than 3 months away

You don't stop looking forward to it and trust me those 3 months will fly - gee I have to wait over 7 months but I like to have a few lined up to look forward to :p