C1 or FV?

travelingirl70

I'm not even sure if it's possible to switch at this late date, but I was trolling around for our upcoming Connie cruise in April and noticed that there is a FV stateroom available (5 actually, but only 1 on the corner) for less than what I paid for my C1 cabin. Since we're travelling with our 14 year old daughter, the extra space sounds heavenly.

Question 1 - can I request a move after final payment? Is it considered an upgrade or downgrade from a C1? Does that matter?

Question 2 - if Q1 is Yes, it's possible, would you trade a C1 for a FV? We are currently in 7206 and I would move a few cabins down to 7199.

Thanks!

Check out post #9 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

We loved the space.

I changed to the corner just before we paid in full, but didn't pay more as it was the same category.

Only Celebrity can tell you the price difference, but I would be ringing quickly, as those large balconies are popular.

Check out post #9 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

We loved the space.

I changed to the corner just before we paid in full, but didn't pay more as it was the same category.

Only Celebrity can tell you the price difference, but I would be ringing quickly, as those large balconies are popular.

THANK YOU!!!! Great pictures!!!! My TA is closed so I will have to wait until the morning. I'm curious - what category is the FV? You say it was the same category, so if you could help me understand that, I would appreciate it very much. I get most of the categories on X, but the FV's confuse me. Based on the reduced pricing for our C1, I'm thinking the FV is actually an upgrade. Not sure if that helps me or hurts me. I would be willing to pay a little more for the extra space.

FV is my choice on Milli class

I'm not even sure if it's possible to switch at this late date, but I was trolling around for our upcoming Connie cruise in April and noticed that there is a FV stateroom available (5 actually, but only 1 on the corner) for less than what I paid for my C1 cabin. Since we're travelling with our 14 year old daughter, the extra space sounds heavenly.

Question 1 - can I request a move after final payment? Is it considered an upgrade or downgrade from a C1? Does that matter?

Question 2 - if Q1 is Yes, it's possible, would you trade a C1 for a FV? We are currently in 7206 and I would move a few cabins down to 7199.

Thanks!

I did this last year on the Constellation for a 10 day Med cruise. We switched from a C1 aft to FV 8166. The FV is considered a veranda which is below the concierge class you have. So technically it is a downgrade.

I was after final payment when I switched so no OBC or refund as the FV was cheaper than my C1. You also don't get the concierge class amenities or the extra captains club points because you are sailing in a veranda. If the FV is more than you paid I assume you would have to pay the extra to switch. If you have any promotions make sure they aren't affected if you switch.

We wanted the extra space and huge balcony more than the the CC extras so we made the switch. My wife and I loved the cabin. We were corner aft on deck 8 which was perfect. Being on the corner we had views both along the side and aft. We didn't use the pullout beds because there were only the 2 of us. Three people would be very comfortable in the room.

You might want to put a 24 hour hold on the room so it doesn't get away from you. They don't last long.

Excellent cabins especially for more than 2 people. The extra cabin and balcony space will be nice. We stayed in the corner FV on the other (starboard) side of the ship (FV 7202) several years ago when we were on Millennium.

Okay, decided not to wait and I put a 24 hour hold on the cabin. Then I immediately emailed my TA with all of the particulars and asked her to work her magic. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the replies. I will post back tomorrow to let you know how I made out.

Okay, decided not to wait and I put a 24 hour hold on the cabin. Then I immediately emailed my TA with all of the particulars and asked her to work her magic. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the replies. I will post back tomorrow to let you know how I made out.

When you have your TA on the phone, they will tell you when to release it. You want it to be just about instantaneous.

Us too - booked on the Constellation next January. I can't wait. How can we ever go back to regular verandah's?

Our first cruise almost 10 years ago was a inside cabin. Our second cruise this past November was a balcony room. Having this corner veranda is going to completely spoil me! I don't know how we survived a week in a inside cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Funny the way that works. We have been on about 8 cruises, mostly with Holland America, one Carnival. Up until our last cruise last year, we always had inside or oceanview cabins, thought they were fine. The last one I got a fantastic balcony deal and we took it. My husband said "we'll never use it, I don't know why you booked that!". Well now he says "don't book a cruise without a balcony again" - he spent the bulk of his time relaxing on the balcony!

Edited by sprockie

Funny the way that works. We have been on about 8 cruises, mostly with Holland America, one Carnival. Up until our last cruise last year, we always had inside or oceanview cabins, thought they were fine. The last one I got a fantastic balcony deal and we took it. My husband said "we'll never use it, I don't know why you booked that!". Well now he says "don't book a cruise without a balcony again".

I wasn't sure we would use it either but we were traveling with our 3 kids so I knew I would be spending more time in my room then I would have if they weren't with me. I loved sitting out there. A cheese and cracker plate and glass of wine (or two or three) while staring at the sea. One of the most perfect afternoons spent!

I am about to strike as well! My question is - because it is a "family" cabin, won't we be more likely to have families with kids? Believe me, I love kids and we have them, but we have been a couple of times with unruly kids out on the balconies at all times of day and don't want to go through that again. Love well behaved kids. It will just be my dh and myself this trip. Plus, we are planning on July of next year. :eek: You are probably going to say there is no way of knowing and I guess that is true. Just trying to decide between a C1 and FV as well. We have had wrap balconies on other lines and this is the closest thing for us with Celebrity. Anybody have an opinion on this? Perhaps you have been in one of these a few times and all was well. Thanks for your comments and hope it will help others.

I would say you are more likely to have family's with kids. It's tough to find a room that fits my family of 5. That being said: if you were near us you wouldn't have anything g to worry about. My kids love to relax and start at the sea just about as much as I do.

Thanks!

First, if you can get it it's absolutely a big step up from the C1, both the room and the balcony. I've been in both.

My concern for you is that I've seen many posters mention that the room that you are changing to has to be at least $1 more than the one you are coming from. I have no experience with that but have seen it many times. I personally don't see any issue with them letting you do a straight across swap though.

Edited by ORV