Upgrade now or wait till after 3rd & 4th free promo is over?

I know that no one has a crystal ball, but I am thinking about upgrading my family from a grand suite on the Oasis to a crown loft suite and am wondering if I should do it now while the 3rd and 4th person free promo is running, or wait until that is over on the 31st. There are 4 of us, we originally booked with the 3rd and 4th person free, we are past final payment, we sail May 31. If I do it now it will be $3,000 to do the upgrade, but I hate to think that the prices may drop after the 31st enough that it would be cheaper to wait - or I wait and the prices don't drop enough and it would wind up costing more! There are about 10 L1's left at this point, and I've been checking every day and it has stayed about the same.

Any advice? :confused:

Thats a hard one to say. The last price reduction was March 13th, and only on some of the cabins.

The L1's are quite high still still $500 over last years price, tho less than the high of just over $5100.

I suspect there will be some changes once the sale if off, but won't you have to pay a surcharge for the 3rd and 4th once the sale is off?

Edited by Valiamo
missed a line

Yikes...$3000.00...I would wait and perhaps be satisfied with a GS if the price doesn't come down...That $3k could go towards another cruise ;)

$3,000 is a lot of money to us for a 7 day cruise. It may not be for the OP.

O/T Did you feel the earthquake down there? 5.1 is a pretty good shaker.

Edited by Coralc

$3,000 is a lot of money to us for a 7 day cruise. It may not be for the OP.

O/T Did you feel the earthquake down there?

Yes...but not as bad as some parts of LA..just a dizzy/ rolling feeling to us...We're right on the border of LA and Ventura county in Simi Valley...we felt the other one last week more..We actually had no damage in the 1994 quake..so fingers crossed !!

Yes...but not as bad as some parts of LA..just a dizzy/ rolling feeling to us...We're right on the border of LA and Ventura county in Simi Valley...we felt the other one last week more..We actually had no damage in the 1994 quake..so fingers crossed !!

I'm glad you're okay. We had friends down in Simi Valley during the Northridge quake that didn't fare as well. :)

Back to predicting price drops........:)