I am sorry, but the grass is plain silly

Bently57

Adult only?!?! I've never really seen any more than a dozen or so kids on any cruise I've been on with X, is there that much need for a dedicated adults only pool...I also rarely see the pools themselves fool, lots of people laying around, but rarely is the pool at or close to capacity.

Of course each cruise is different...

You would see full pool areas on Caribbean cruises .Adding another pool could alleviate that crowding .Even the jacuzzis get full at times

You would see full pool areas on Caribbean cruises .Adding another pool could alleviate that crowding .Even the jacuzzis get full at times

As someone that never uses the pool I vote to keep the lawn where it is - peaceful/relaxing and quiet (except for the bocce and croquet games lol) It is where a lot of people go to get away from the crowded pool deck.

Edited by Christine Frances

I loved our Silhouette cruise and rate it the best ship we have ever had the opportunity to sail upon. The lawn, however, is the least used area on the ship. Plus, even if we had wanted to use it, we couldn't have, as so much of it was cordoned off for regrowth. What a shame to have so much real estate go to waste! I saw the cabanas in use twice. I am surprised the lawn was implemented on all these ships in this class. I can see having that small area of grass at the aft near the bar, and it would keep the theme alive...but the larger area could be used so much better in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

when did you cruise on the Silhouette ? did you ever notice Bocce or Croquet being played ?? My daughter has been sooo looking forward in

saying she played Croquet on grass on a ship. We leave in 8 days.

when did you cruise on the Silhouette ? did you ever notice Bocce or Croquet being played ?? My daughter has been sooo looking forward in

saying she played Croquet on grass on a ship. We leave in 8 days.

We played Bocce several times on our 3/2 & 3/9/14 b2b Silhouette Eastern & Western Caribbean cruises ;but my wife beat me LOL :p.Try the lunch up there .Great for a tiny price:D .Really nice to sit out in the open watching the ocean in a garden setting

As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. It was our second Celebrity and Solstice cruising, the first being June 2011 in the Med.

This grass?? Have mixed views. As my recent photo below shows, it is not in ideal conditions and they don't encourage too much traffic up there. BUT, it is kind of nice to look at, see. Trade-offs??!! I can see and understand both sides in this "debate"!!

Check out this link and these postings for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, port options down under, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 47,748 views for this fun posting.

Here is a sampling for the look of the lawn on the Solstice during our recent cruise. Not perfect or ideal, but mostly being green and looking fairly to somewhat good/decent. There is speculation on the these CC Boards that the lawn and glass show will get dumped to do more of an outdoor grilling set-up in these areas at the top of the ship. Personally, I like the lawn idea, but understand the reality for its maintenance, costs and maybe it being time to “move on” to another, newer, better feature in this space!!??:

SolsticeMisc18_zpsd560f739.jpg

How about if they get rid of the grass and plant a vegetable garden and then serve the vegetables in one of the speciality restaurants? Maybe they could even grow corn. Then they could hold hoe downs rather than concerts.

Edited by caladezi

How about if they get rid of the grass and plant a vegetable garden and then serve the vegetables in one of the speciality restaurants? Maybe they could even grow corn.

Or, do like Colorado with those special plantings called recreational marijuana. Big business there now. On the ships, you could get HIGH at sea level!! Remember when John Denver had a famous sound about "Rocky Mountain High".

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,880 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Or, do like Colorado with those special plantings called recreational marijuana. Big business there now. On the ships, you could get HIGH at sea level!! Remember when John Denver had a famous sound about "Rocky Mountain High".

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 165,880 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Next Port Stop the Feds :p:D

Next Port Stop the Feds :p:D

At those prison port stops, people will be complaining about the food, lack of good room service, poor entertainment, long buffet lines, no formal nights, slow Internet connections, smoking rules, etc. Can't win!!

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 47,748 views for this fun posting.

Adult only?!?! I've never really seen any more than a dozen or so kids on any cruise I've been on with X, is there that much need for a dedicated adults only pool...I also rarely see the pools themselves fool, lots of people laying around, but rarely is the pool at or close to capacity.

Of course each cruise is different...

The S-Class design is full of controversy.

One of the issues is kids (or family) pool that is in fact a few feet apart of open adults only pool creating one common pool area.

1zfo7xi.jpg

Absolutely.

The only open pool area (adults and kids together) is crowded and noisy.

The aft pool is one of important amenities that Celebrity is lacking.

Major mistakes were made some 7-8 years ago.

Four ships have been built. Little can be changed now.

I really like the Lawn Club. Don't care what anyone else thinks or what "controversy" others post about. I would however like to take those small speakers by the railing out so I don't have to listen to piped music.

Listening to the guitarist on the lawn whilst sitting on a rug drinking a glass of wine and watching the sunset. Priceless.

Phil

Perhaps we were lucky on the Eclipse last year.The lawn area was great for our sail away getogether (and many an evening getogether) and many people had towels on the lawn on the sea days as finding a lounger was difficult as normal (no people on loungers but plenty of books and towels). People played various games on the lawn. There was minimum area cordened off at any one time. The glass show was at one end of the lawn. I appreciated the 'empty' space on the ship as most other places aim to make the most available of every inch of empty space. A suggestion about using astro turf or artificial turf is a good one as it would enable even more use to be made of the area. Like a lot of things on cruise ships, the lawn has its approvers and its disapprovers!! Cruising would not be same without a wide range of people with different tastes :).

And we really really like the mistakes! The Celebrity S-Class are our favorite ship's to sail around the 7 seas on! Build MORE!

I agree. They already got rid of the Glass show for more revenue generating options.

mac_tlc

Absolutely.

The only open pool area (adults and kids together) is crowded and noisy.

The aft pool is one of important amenities that Celebrity is lacking.

Major mistakes were made some 7-8 years ago.

Four ships have been built. Little can be changed now.

I would much rather have this gorgeous Sunset Bars than an aft pool!!! Ooops Sorry about the big picture:(

0013729c035c1418f8de02.jpg

Sunset-Bar-4894.JPG

Edited by Christine Frances

The grass for me gives some real NATURE to the ship which is so much steel and man made materials.

Agreed. We enjoyed it. Especially the crickets on the Eclipse. Quite a shock the first time we heard them, but pretty neat.

:)