Crab Shack?

Momma Mojito

The crab shack is informal dining with crab as the theme. We ate there twice and enjoyed the king crab legs seasoned shrimp with old bay and if you wanted seconds it's available. The only selection is the main course the shrimp tempura and Manhattan clam chowder is for all then your main course which is several items but most get the king crab legs. They give you a bib so no butter gets on your clothes and you can have fun eating this wonderful meal.. Then desert is also wonderful. So if you have never eaten boiled shrimp you peel or crab legs you crack you are in for a treat. If you have done this the you'll really enjoy it again. We will reserve it every chance we get on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am glad to hear that it has improved.

We had the king crab the first night it was offered on the Ruby in February and it was horrible. The crab appeared to have been frozen for eons as it was so mushy you could hardly remove it from the leg even with the terrific tools supplied.

Mike:)

The crab shack is for dinner the reservations start at 6 pm and go until 9 pm. It is not every night yet but they are trying to get it available on all ships regularly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just don't want my dinner staring @ me and seeing their antennae moving......and I swear they do!! :). I don't eat lobster either, partly for the same reason!

My dinner can stare at me all it wants, whether it's a roast suckling pig (Caribbean Princess Bavarian Night), Crawfish at Harris Seafood House on the Chesapeake Bay, or lobster on a cruise ship. I'm still going to eat it and enjoy every succulent bite. :D

I'll have the King Crab legs, please! We have a Joe's Crab Shack near where I live and I love to go there, but it is expensive, so I mostly go for special occasions. The king crab bucket is currently $35.00 and that doesn't include soup, appetizer and dessert, all of which are separate charges and come to about $40.00, average. And don't forget the tip. So, $20.00, compared to $75.00+, will seem like a bargain to me!

Maureen

Do they have this on the Sun Princess also what are hush puppies

Hush Puppies are deep fried corn bread balls. If they're made well they're very good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hushpuppy

I can't answer your question for sure about the Sun Princess, but my educated guess is that it's not available. Hopefully someone with first hand knowledge will chime in.

Just off the Sapphire and didn't see the crab shack offered,...but then again, I was with family and didn't know to look out for it in the Patters. Any chance this will be on other west coast getaways?

It was not offered on our Sapphire cruise either. :(