are all fridges stocked?

ang73

I've seen multiple posts about the stocked fridges. Are all fridges stocked with drinks? I just wondered because on DCL we had a fridge, but it wasn't stocked with anything.

Also, since we don't plan on using anything from the fridge so we don't get charged, can we ask them to empty it for us? I'd rather have an empty fridge to store snacks and food we may have left over or bring with us. I understand they are not real cold. But if we bring up cookies, drinks etc to keep in the room I usually just threw them in the fridge so they aren't sitting out.

Thank you :o

I've seen multiple posts about the stocked fridges. Are all fridges stocked with drinks? I just wondered because on DCL we had a fridge, but it wasn't stocked with anything.

Also, since we don't plan on using anything from the fridge so we don't get charged, can we ask them to empty it for us? I'd rather have an empty fridge to store snacks and food we may have left over or bring with us. I understand they are not real cold. But if we bring up cookies, drinks etc to keep in the room I usually just threw them in the fridge so they aren't sitting out.

Yes they are filled up. You may have to empty them yourself. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Much easier and quicker to empty the fridge yourself than to ask your cabin attendant.

Good idea! Just take everything out and store it away for the week? Then put it all back before we leave? I am assuming anything missing from the fridge at the end of the week is charged for right?

Good idea! Just take everything out and store it away for the week? Then put it all back before we leave? I am assuming anything missing from the fridge at the end of the week is charged for right?

That's exactly what we have done on every cruise. Haven't eaten or drank a thing and never been charged for a thing.

Yes if it's missing. I always tell my cabin attendant that I don't plan to use anything and have never had a charge.

The fridge/cooler contains:

2 Coke

2 Diet Coke

2 Sprite

2 small Evian water

2 large Evian water

4 boxes of snacks

By the way, personnel from Bar Services are responsible for the fridge and its contents. They will replace what you eat/drink and charge to your account. The cabin steward has nothing to do with this and, IMO, it is unfair (or maybe passengers just don't know this) to ask him/her to remove the items. If you want the contents emptied, I suggest you do it yourself and leave a note for Bar Services to tell them what you did and where the items are being temporarily stored. Put them back on the last DAY of your cruise, as they will check one more time before disembarkation.

Just so you know, they are not really fridges...just coolers ..what we usually do is empty it ourselves..put the contents on the shelf above the tv..it all fits. We usually have a bottle of wine waiting for us when we get to the room so we have the room steward fill that bucket and an additional ice bucket with ice..place both of them in the cooler/fridge and it does wonders to keep all our 'leftovers" or drinks very cool. We have tried it with just one ice bucket and that does ok but if you like cold, like I do..two is a better bet..and in the bigger one from the wine (it's plastic, I suppose you could ask for that kind) we just place our bottles or glasses. Since it is very large things stay nice and cold. We always have nice cold water for the the night...I always have it next to the bed..

Another hint...if you get room service for anything..keep on of the small plates and food covers in your room. That will help keep anything like donuts, pastry etc. fresher since they don't give you plate/box or anything like that when picking them up to take to the room.

In addition, if using the ice buckets you MAY have to remove 1/2 of a shelf...you will still have room for food..we put our wine in the big bucket and I brought extra clean plastic zip bags..and stored leftover hard boiled eggs and cream from breakfast..also a large bottle of water in there and there was still space..have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by sharpasice

All you need to do is upgrade to a JS.;)

I wish...... the prices on both cruises have gone through the roof.... I book early just to get on board and will be fine and cosy in my inside.... sigh..... ;)

I empty the contents myself and put them in a cabinet then tape a note on the front of the fridge advising the bar staff where I've moved the items to.

That's what I do now. Much easier than involving crew.

Linda

Just so you know, they are not really fridges...just coolers ..what we usually do is empty it ourselves..put the contents on the shelf above the tv..it all fits. We usually have a bottle of wine waiting for us when we get to the room so we have the room steward fill that bucket and an additional ice bucket with ice..place both of them in the cooler/fridge and it does wonders to keep all our 'leftovers" or drinks very cool. We have tried it with just one ice bucket and that does ok but if you like cold, like I do..two is a better bet..and in the bigger one from the wine (it's plastic, I suppose you could ask for that kind) we just place our bottles or glasses. Since it is very large things stay nice and cold. We always have nice cold water for the the night...I always have it next to the bed..

Another hint...if you get room service for anything..keep on of the small plates and food covers in your room. That will help keep anything like donuts, pastry etc. fresher since they don't give you plate/box or anything like that when picking them up to take to the room.

In addition, if using the ice buckets you MAY have to remove 1/2 of a shelf...you will still have room for food..we put our wine in the big bucket and I brought extra clean plastic zip bags..and stored leftover hard boiled eggs and cream from breakfast..also a large bottle of water in there and there was still space..have a wonderful cruise!

Love these tips! Thank you! Im a big fan of taking a little snack back to the room for late at night or early morning :) Plus with 3 kids (2 being boys that are teen & pre-teen) someone is ALWAYS hungry :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I've been told it's possible to call ahead and arrange for your fridge not to be stocked. Has anyone does this before and does it work?

Don't know who told you but, no, it's not possible.

Yes they are stocked, and trying to get them unstocked is practically an act of God!

On our Liberty cruise I asked the cabin attendant to empty the fridge, but was told he couldn't do it because it is under the control of the bar staff. I checked with a bar supervisor and was basically told, in so many words, that they didn't want to deal with it, and to empty it myself.

I put everything from inside the fridge on a shelf above it, and put it all back before disembarking.

Of course, 2 days after getting back home, there was a charge on my credit card for bar items used from the room. I called RCCL and they removed the charges as a "courtesy".

With NCL, if you contact them ahead of time, they will have the fridge emptied before you arrive. It may be worth a try with Royal.

I can't believe RC is still stocking the fridge just like a cheap hotel trying to bait people into taking stuff and/or charging for stuff you didn't even take.

Some of us like the convenience of having cool drinks in the cabin. We've never been charged for drinks we didn't take.

Some of us like the convenience of having cool drinks in the cabin. We've never been charged for drinks we didn't take.

We take out the items we know we won't be using and store them on the shelf and use the rest. It's the same price whether you get a can of Coke from the mini-fridge or from the bar, so it's no big deal.

I think we got charged for a can of Coke or a bottle of water that we didn't use last trip, but after a weeklong cruise I wasn't about to quibble about it!

I've been told it's possible to call ahead and arrange for your fridge not to be stocked. Has anyone does this before and does it work?

The thing is, it's no big deal really. There are maybe a dozen things in there. The fridge is not packed like a hotel mini fridge..where sometimes you just move something within the fridge and get charged..It takes probably just a couple of mins of your time to empty. Like I said we do it all the time..and have never been charged for anything we've not used...not saying it it doesn't happen because I know it does...but they are very good and adjusting your bill should they charge incorrectly.

Love these tips! Thank you! Im a big fan of taking a little snack back to the room for late at night or early morning :) Plus with 3 kids (2 being boys that are teen & pre-teen) someone is ALWAYS hungry :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Ang, it works great and your cabin steward will refill those buckets everyday. Keeps the cooler very cold.

Yes they are stocked, and trying to get them unstocked is practically an act of God!

I put everything from inside the fridge on a shelf above it, and put it all back before disembarking.

Of course, 2 days after getting back home, there was a charge on my credit card for bar items used from the room. I called RCCL and they removed the charges as a "courtesy".

This has happened to us on 3 of our last 4 cruises.

I think we got charged for a can of Coke or a bottle of water that we didn't use last trip, but after a weeklong cruise I wasn't about to quibble about it!

We have been charged for stuff we didn't use on several cruises.

I believe they do this on purpose because they know many people won't "quibble" about it.

We also have been charged for "stuff" we did not use. We never use the fridge and always ask that the bar staff empty it. That rarely works. After reading this post, I will just empty it myself and leave a note where it is so they can check. I wish RC would ask on our reservation if we would like the fridge stocked or not!! It would be so much easier both for the guests and the RC bar staff.