Hair on Men ?

KruznKel

Guess I'm gross, I've got tattoos.

I'm with ya on that one. Never knew I was gross because of a tatoo. Oh well. :rolleyes:

As for the actual topic... A little hair on the chest is a wonderful thing. Hair on the back is not, imo. But...to each their own!

I would rather see a hairy back on a guy than hairy legs on a woman. And don't use the excuse that women in Europe don't shave, I still hear that!

Kelly

Oh good heavens! People must think Europe is still living in a post WWII era! LOL!

They've got the same lasers and waxes we have over here. Men manscape and women shave their legs and get the same bikini waxing as women in the US do!

Oh good heavens! People must think Europe is still living in a post WWII era! LOL!

They've got the same lasers and waxes we have over here. Men manscape and women shave their legs and get the same bikini waxing as women in the US do!

Damn, so I can no longer use the excuse to my husband, "I'm going with the French look" when I don't feel like shaving my legs in the winter? :p

I think a normal amount of hair on a man looks good--especially on the chest. I don't especially like the 'furry' back that some guys have, but I can deal with it.

I really dislike the hairless look that seems to be popping up more and more, it just looks weird to me. Guys are supposed to have more hair than us!

Damn, so I can no longer use the excuse to my husband, "I'm going with the French look" when I don't feel like shaving my legs in the winter? :p

Sorry, you'll need to think of a different excuse. :)

And bikini waxing is also very popular there, and what we call a landing strip they call a metro card. :D

Well if the European women have metro cards and no hair on their legs, why do so many still have hairy armpits????

Where's that? Certainly not in France, Italy or the UK.

Maybe Germany?

"Europe" isn't one country. It's many different ones with a lot of different POV.

I never read that about Madonna but knowing her image I don't doubt.

I did read it about some other celebs...Dana Delaney, Cindy Crawford and Julia Roberts...not sure what drives it or what the benefits are...

I have no problem with bald heads...I'd much rather see that than an absurd silly comb-over, or a pitiful ponytail with a few remaining hairs. In fact, once a man is faced with a serious receding hairline, he ought to just go get a buzz cut. I think short is ever so much more attractive.

As for as a hairy back? No thank you. I find them a complete turnoff.

I am in love with a very hairy man, (except for his bald head)and have been married to him for 28 years. I've always said I prefer a hairy MAN as opposed to a hair free LITTLE BOY!

So I guess I must be in the minority.:D

Originally Posted by esther e

I just wonder what creatures are living in all that back hair???? Yuk!

Just because they have a hairy back, it doesn't mean they don't have good hygiene!

Leo,

IMO, a women with underarm hair, hairy legs or visible hair near her bathing suit bottom is unsightly and has poor grooming habits.

Unsighly hair is easily, quickly and cheaply removeable by a variety of methods.

Men have gotten off the hook easily for years with bad grooming habits and that's starting to change and personally I'm glad for that change. At this point in time the jury is still out on whether back hair on men is acceptable or not. But the tides are changing and social opinion is moving towards a hair free back. It's like leg hair on woman - in most western cultures, woman remove it. Some older european women still don't, but the younger ones do.

Jane

So IYO anyone thats not hair free has poor grooming habits!!! So what if they shower twice daily, brush and floss twice daily, and make regular visits to the hair dressers/barbers, and have a neat appearance. Then would you still say they have "Gotten of the hook" and have bad grooming habits if they choose NOT to "quickly and cheaply remove it by a variety of methods."

I hope the tides do not change and social opinion doesn't move towards a hair free back as this will make many men feel they have to conform to what others think they should look like. Just like women now do when they want to be thought of as attractive by men. OH and Yes I do wax, but I've been married for 28 years to my sweet hairy husband and I wouldn't want it any other way. Thank goodness for free choice!:D

I hope the tides do not change and social opinion doesn't move towards a hair free back as this will make many men feel they have to conform to what others think they should look like. Just like women now do when they want to be thought of as attractive by men. OH and Yes I do wax, but I've been married for 28 years to my sweet hairy husband and I wouldn't want it any other way. Thank goodness for free choice!:D

Then they could fit right in here on these fashion boards lol!;)

I don't see that happening as men are not as vain as women :D

Me, I like the hairless look. I think that is because I spend a lot of time around swimmers and cyclists all of whom generally get rid of their hair for speed reasons (and in the case of cyclists so wounds can be easily cleaned and plasters etc applied).

PS....

And even my German girl friends all shave & wax too.

PPS....

Some of my male friends are more vain and spend more money on looking good than a lot of my well groomed female friends!

So IYO anyone thats not hair free has poor grooming habits!!! So what if they shower twice daily, brush and floss twice daily, and make regular visits to the hair dressers/barbers, and have a neat appearance. Then would you still say they have "Gotten of the hook" and have bad grooming habits if they choose NOT to "quickly and cheaply remove it by a variety of methods."

Fortunately, most men are perfectly happy the way we are, yeah some of us perhaps do a lot more grooming then others, but it's more a personal choice then social pressure. JMHO

Do you ever watch Dancing With The Stars, there's tons of men's wax jobs in that group!

She asks me why

I'm just a hairy guy

I'm hairy noon and night

Hair that's a fright

I'm hairy high and low

Don't ask me why

Don't know

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair

Flow it, show it

Long as God can grow it

My hair

Conversely, there are a number of men who take pride in being hairy guys, Goggle Bear Clubs some time!!

Archived