Well Done Azamara UK

Marmaduke

Today I received in the post an Azamara Brochure for 2015, Uk edition with out having to chase around phoning and e-mailing for one. It even gave details of the new double upgrade promotion which starts today. Well done Azamara. I hope this is a step in the right direction and the web site will soon be improved to enable you to check the details of your current bookings.

My husband now has 2 bochures, another arrived this morning. The first arrived 2 weeks ago registered post from the USA following a request for luggage labels.

The funny thing is, I am the main name on the booking, infact everything from TA to ship, but things always come addressed to DH from Azamara. This is not the case on other lines. Although I was guest one, filled everything in as guest one and my credit card details. I am still guest one in the edocs, but, on the express pass DH is the top name.

Is this the norm, regardless of who the principal name is?

Bit sexist if it is :confused:

Yvonne

My husband now has 2 bochures, another arrived this morning. The first arrived 2 weeks ago registered post from the USA following a request for luggage labels.

The funny thing is, I am the main name on the booking, infact everything from TA to ship, but things always come addressed to DH from Azamara. This is not the case on other lines. Although I was guest one, filled everything in as guest one and my credit card details. I am still guest one in the edocs, but, on the express pass DH is the top name.

Is this the norm, regardless of who the principal name is?

Bit sexist if it is :confused:

Yvonne

Same here Yvonne! DH agreed to the cruise and contributes to paying for it, but I booked/planned it all - works out best that way. :-) it's an outdated concept - just like addressing the wife as Mrs. (Husbands name)

Edited by librarylady19

Still waiting for a brochure here. I am also waiting for luggage labels ordered 3 weeks ago. I took book everything and the booking both on line and any correspondence we receive is always in my husband's name!

Hilary

I was pleased to receive the brochure too. Also addressed to my DH although I am the one who makes the bookings etc and gives my credit card details.

I thought the upgrade promotion looked good and i phoned Azamara. About 5 minutes later I put the phone down again. Has the Guatemalan phone centre started yet? The gentleman I spoke to had an American accent and seemed to know very little about anything. I enquired about the June Venice to Istanbul cruise and he started giving me details on the 14 night British Isles cruise. I am not sure we were on the same wavelength.

The price he quoted seemed strange and did not relate to the price in the 2015 Destination Guide. Seemed extraordinarily high and did not include any flights from the UK. I abandoned the call. I have a future cruise certificate but was not confident to discuss this with him. I will ask a TA to quote tomorrow.

Even with the upgrade, prices seem much higher than I have ever paid on Azamara.

I was pleased to receive the brochure too. Also addressed to my DH although I am the one who makes the bookings etc and gives my credit card details.

I thought the upgrade promotion looked good and i phoned Azamara. About 5 minutes later I put the phone down again. Has the Guatemalan phone centre started yet? The gentleman I spoke to had an American accent and seemed to know very little about anything. I enquired about the June Venice to Istanbul cruise and he started giving me details on the 14 night British Isles cruise. I am not sure we were on the same wavelength.

The price he quoted seemed strange and did not relate to the price in the 2015 Destination Guide. Seemed extraordinarily high and did not include any flights from the UK. I abandoned the call. I have a future cruise certificate but was not confident to discuss this with him. I will ask a TA to quote tomorrow.

Even with the upgrade, prices seem much higher than I have ever paid on Azamara.

Looking at my online TA's prices makes interesting reading, as they also have a tailor-made section which quotes much lower prices. There are still bargains to be had.

Just to even things up from a gender wars perspective, my brochure arrived the other day addressed to the wife! :D

That's because she has booked a cruise without you, you just don't know about it yet ;)

Yvonne:)

Hi Pam,

During a recent conversation with Azamara UK, I was told that the Guatamalan call centre would be up and running on April 25

Hazel

Hi Pam,

During a recent conversation with Azamara UK, I was told that the Guatemalan call centre would be up and running on April 25

Hazel

Having dealt with a number of different call centres, if they don't speak clearly understood English, it will be challenging.

Thanks Hazel, so I must have been talking to the UK, which is even more worrying!

Still not sure whether to book for 2015. DH wants to go to Istanbul and there are only a few Azamara cruises that suit. Prices still seem high. Wondering whether to investigate Oceania but deep down want to plump for Azamara.

Tim, have looked at a couple of sites but can't find anything much lower than brochure. Do you use the one that sounds really cold?

Pam

We too have received our first brochure by post!

Can you let me know the name and contact details of your driver who took you to Lucca from Livorno - we are probably too late as we are sail on Friday but he may be able to recommend someone.

Hope you are well and looking forward to your next cruise. regards Diane

A second vote for Paolo. We booked a day with him via our roll call last October. We had a lovely tour of the Chianti region (we have done Lucca before). The lead person was ill that day and her and her Dh missed the tour. Paolo suggested that he return the next day (at no cost) and give us a tour or Livorno as she had recovered. We had a lovely morning and saw Livorno in a new light entirely.