Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Playful Tippy and Ehpride,

Love your dresses!:D

Sirenitas,

Try wearing the bottom half of a two-piece swimsuit under your dress. Then if the wind should blow the skirt up, a la Marilyn Monroe, no problem!;)

I am not sure I understand how folks who saw your skirt fly up would be able to tell the difference between a swimsuit bottom and your "unmentionables." (Unless you are talking about wearing a swimsuit bottom vs going commando...:eek:)

Playful Tippy and Ehpride,

Love your dresses!:D

Sirenitas,

Try wearing the bottom half of a two-piece swimsuit under your dress. Then if the wind should blow the skirt up, a la Marilyn Monroe, no problem!;)

I wear dresses all the time on the ship. I wear bike shorts under most of my dresses and that gets rid of the wind problem. I do the same thing at home and it helps prevent chafing in hot weather.

If I'm wearing a swimsuit underneath, I don't worry about it.

Do you not find bike shorts hot, thus defeating the purpose of wearing a dress/skirt in hot weather? I've never worn them, so I don't know what they are like.

Do you not find bike shorts hot, thus defeating the purpose of wearing a dress/skirt in hot weather? I've never worn them, so I don't know what they are like.

Mine are cotton and moisture wicking so it actually helps keep my thighs from rubbing and chafing in hot weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for a pair of turquoise biker shorts to wear under dresses, and found these on ebay. They don't have logos or stripes or anything and it wouldn't matter at all if complementary colours peeked out. Half my summer dresses have a bit of turquoise in them.:)

I will check local sporting goods stores first so that I can try them on and see how I like the feel, but this is the idea:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Stretch-Casual-Shorts-Biker-Exercise-Yoga-Workout-Size-XS-S-M-L-Seamless-/321417241934?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shorts&var=510290883232&hash=item4ad5f5e54e

I am not sure I understand how folks who saw your skirt fly up would be able to tell the difference between a swimsuit bottom and your "unmentionables." (Unless you are talking about wearing a swimsuit bottom vs going commando...:eek:)

Yes, especially if you're wearing grannie panties. :D

Thanks very much! I know they are not evening ball gowns but I am not a super formal person. These are about as dressy as I go.

I like all three of the dresses!:D I think they're very appropriate for dress up night.;)

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

I was looking for a pair of turquoise biker shorts to wear under dresses, and found these on ebay. They don't have logos or stripes or anything and it wouldn't matter at all if complementary colours peeked out. Half my summer dresses have a bit of turquoise in them.:)

I will check local sporting goods stores first so that I can try them on and see how I like the feel, but this is the idea:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Stretch-Casual-Shorts-Biker-Exercise-Yoga-Workout-Size-XS-S-M-L-Seamless-/321417241934?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shorts&var=510290883232&hash=item4ad5f5e54e

I was very happy in May when I found Jockey Skimmies slipshorts in a Jockey store in Waterloo, NY for around $10 a piece with a sale and a coupon book.

I thought I would buy the longer style, but they were just above my knees when worn since I'm 5'2" and I figured they might show under the edge of some skirts when I sat down.

I ended up buying 2 of the shorter style. They looked like very small boy shorts on the hanger but were halfway down my thighs when I tried them on.

Too thin to wear on their own though, unlike your biker shorts. I didn't like the wicking ones, they seemed too see through.

http://www.jockey.ca/catalog?department=women&category=underwear&style=slipshort

Edited by KandCsailing

I was very happy in May when I found Jockey Skimmies slipshorts in a Jockey store in Waterloo, NY for around $10 a piece with a sale and a coupon book.

I thought I would buy the longer style, but they were just above my knees when worn since I'm 5'2" and I figured they might show under the edge of some skirts when I sat down.

I ended up buying 2 of the shorter style. They looked like very small boy shorts on the hanger but were halfway down my thighs when I tried them on.

Too thin to wear on their own though, unlike your biker shorts. I didn't like the wicking ones, they seemed too see through.

http://www.jockey.ca/catalog?department=women&category=underwear&style=slipshort

Those look great, Kerri, and I see they come in purple, too. Do you know if they are available in Canada? They would be very light and comfortable.

If not, I may have to bug DH to take me to Port Huron one day. Then I can stock up on diet cherry drinks at the same time. Why can't we get Diet Coke here?!

Those look great, Kerri, and I see they come in purple, too. Do you know if they are available in Canada? They would be very light and comfortable.

If not, I may have to bug DH to take me to Port Huron one day. Then I can stock up on diet cherry drinks at the same time. Why can't we get Diet Coke here?!

I have seen them at the Bay here in BC

I have seen them at the Bay here in BC

They are on sale on the Bay's website right now. They have more than one style. I haven't been in a store to check. I'm still made at them that they stole back all my HBC points when they changed the cards last year and I didn't know.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/skimmies-short-length-slipshort-style-7551-0006-7551--24

$22 regular price at Jockey.ca

I went to the Bay and bought a pair of short black Skimmies for $ 16.50. If I like wearing them. I will get more colours later. Thanks, Kerri. The tips we pick up on CC!

Sent

from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

I went to the Bay and bought a pair of short black Skimmies for $ 16.50. If I like wearing them. I will get more colours later. Thanks, Kerri. The tips we pick up on CC!

Sent

from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

Wow, are you ever quick!

I just looked and I bought a black and a beige. I haven't worn a skirt yet to try them out.