Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

I have GOT to keep away from thredup and liketwice. I bought three more dresses today. I think I might have a shopping problem.

UGH....another website for me. Lol.

The thredup website, I am a little confused. They are all "one of a kind" (mostly the super small sizes) and some of the clothes have flaws. Are these used clothes? Have you ever tried buying from this site? I see a few things I like but a little apprehensive. :)

UGH....another website for me. Lol.

The thredup website, I am a little confused. They are all "one of a kind" (mostly the super small sizes) and some of the clothes have flaws. Are these used clothes? Have you ever tried buying from this site? I see a few things I like but a little apprehensive. :)

I have used the website a LOT! I bought all of my girls' formal dresses (12 of them), my formal dresses and regular dresses (8 of them), pants, skirts, shirts, jackets. You name it. There was only one dress I was disappointed in, and so I returned it. Easy peasy. I love recycling, and most of the clothing I purchased was new with tags. I haven't purchased any of the items with small flaws, though.

Here is a link that will give you $10 off your order :)

http://www.thredup.com/r/9ZOBFN

Thank you all so much for the nice compliments and the warm welcome!

So glad you decided to join the fashion board. Welcome. It is always so much fun here. The ladies are always so nice and helpful...It's like a family of a thousand sisters!

The lavender dress is amazing on. Finding dresses with a matching cover up are always so hard to find...love that!

Aloha Pride ,

Great dresses especially love the sundress .

Aloha pride love all of them especially the first one

Thank you both. I'm excited to get it. I ordered it a size up because I like a little more coverage for the girls. For the price it was worth it possibly being too big.

Edited by AlohaPride

Thank you both. I'm excited to get it. I ordered it a size up because I like a little more coverage for the girls. For the price it was worth it possibly being too big.

Thank you for all of the info and the links for the coupons...:o:o

LOVE those pics of the dresses you purchased..

I NEED HELP...HAVE TO STOP SHOPPING :eek:

I, too, love to buy used clothing, but I shop at my local Goodwill, and often find new or nearly new items from Talbot's, Coldwater Creek, Loft, etc. (stores we have nearby) for $5 or $6. I like to be able to try things on.

Some of my friends swear by shopping at thrift stores in high-end neighborhoods, as designer items are to be found there for a song. We also have a Junior League thrift shop here in Atlanta, and I understand they have some beautiful things for cheap.

When I shop online, I shop outlets (new clothes) and 80% off sorts of sales, but never buy "final sale." Just can't bring myself to do it! And I pretty much only shop the online outlets of local stores, so I can return the items to the store, and not have to mail stuff back.

I have shopped online at ASOS, which has some great bargains, fast and free shipping and free returns.

Designer labels don't really mean anything to me, so I don't look for deals just for the label.

Decided to go not as dressy this cruise. Our big celebration cruise will be for New Years/Eve, so we are going all out for that one.

Found this dress, but I bought it in pink. Of course, on clearance oh and with pink heels that were clearance too. LOL

clothing-dress-kkk9-d42380whiteyellow.jpg

So glad you decided to join the fashion board. Welcome. It is always so much fun here. The ladies are always so nice and helpful...It's like a family of a thousand sisters!

The lavender dress is amazing on. Finding dresses with a matching cover up are always so hard to find...love that!

Thanks so much! I found it on Ebay for $24.99 after shipping.

I wish I could shop at thrift stores (savers). I have extremely bad allergies and those places tend to be dusty. Sometimes I can't even shop at Ross.

I could recommend our neighborhood Goodwill, which is very clean, but it would be a bit of a commute for you! :D

Decided to go not as dressy this cruise. Our big celebration cruise will be for New Years/Eve, so we are going all out for that one.

Found this dress, but I bought it in pink. Of course, on clearance oh and with pink heels that were clearance too. LOL

clothing-dress-kkk9-d42380whiteyellow.jpg

That is very cute, but I would never have thought is was a dress!

Wow - what a bargain!

I love that dress & your daughter's too in that pic - great colors and the applique work....beautiful

Thanks so much. I love shopping for bargains on Ebay. If I get it and it just won't work, I turn around and sell it.