Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Hi Ladies' date='

Hope that everyone is doing well. I haven't been on much lately....so busy with work and our cruise is not until Jan...plus I broke my foot again...should be out of the boot in a couple more days.

Now I need some sympathy from you all. Drew and I booked a cruise a couple of days ago...It is in three weeks! We have never booked anything that quick....so I don't have time to order new dresses! So I will have to wear some that are in my closet! :) Now I expect to hear lots of "poor you".:)[/quote']

Hi Sherrie Lynn, I too don't get on to the boards as often as I would like so I hope I am not too late to say "poor you". :D A broken foot sounds horrible but nothing like a cruise to make your poor foot feel better. :) Have a wonderful time; I wish I had your closet as a last-minute go to option as your gowns are all gorgeous. Lynne

Hi Sherrie Lynn, I too don't get on to the boards as often as I would like so I hope I am not too late to say "poor you". :D A broken foot sounds horrible but nothing like a cruise to make your poor foot feel better. :) Have a wonderful time; I wish I had your closet as a last-minute go to option as your gowns are all gorgeous. Lynne

Thank you Lynne, that is so sweet.:) The foot is doing great...I am out of the big black boot, so I don't have to worry about trying to get my glue gun out to "bedazzlel" it! ;)

I think I pretty much figured out which dresses I plan to take. But so far I haven't packed that first item! We are not used to planning a trip on the spur of the moment, so I'm not very oraganized.

Next week will be such a busy week at work, I hope to be finished by Thursday so that I can have Friday and Saturday for nail appointments and to finish the packing

It's always good to hear from you. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Thank you Lynne' date=' that is so sweet.:) The foot is doing great...I am out of the big black boot, so I don't have to worry about trying to get my glue gun out to "bedazzlel" it! ;)

I think I pretty much figured out which dresses I plan to take. But so far I haven't packed that first item! We are not used to planning a trip on the spur of the moment, so I'm not very oraganized.

Next week will be such a busy week at work, I hope to be finished by Thursday so that I can have Friday and Saturday for nail appointments and to finish the packing

It's always good to hear from you. Hope you and your family are doing well.[/quote']

Happy to hear that your foot is doing better. I like the way you look at the positive, and about getting your glue gun out to "bedazzlel" the boot. What I just started to do this year is to take pictures of my outfits with jewelry when I am packing them. This way for a last minute cruise, I can take out my pictures and just pack a lot of the same outfits.

Happy to hear that your foot is doing better. I like the way you look at the positive, and about getting your glue gun out to "bedazzlel" the boot. What I just started to do this year is to take pictures of my outfits with jewelry when I am packing them. This way for a last minute cruise, I can take out my pictures and just pack a lot of the same outfits.

Thanks, I figure you might as well laugh about something like that as dwell on it! :)

That's a good idea about taking the pictures. I may just give that a try. I do plan to start packing some things tonight. :)

I purchased this dress just for a casual dinner outfit. I tried it on for my husband and said, "The only problem is that my bra straps show", thinking I'd just wear a strapless bra. He replied, "Well, that won't be a problem with your bathing suit." I was confused. Upon clarification, he said he thought it was a bathing suit coverup and not a dress! So I returned it. haha!

I purchased this dress just for a casual dinner outfit. I tried it on for my husband and said, "The only problem is that my bra straps show", thinking I'd just wear a strapless bra. He replied, "Well, that won't be a problem with your bathing suit." I was confused. Upon clarification, he said he thought it was a bathing suit coverup and not a dress! So I returned it. haha!

That is a cute dress !

I'm not usually a fan of hi-low hems but this dress just called to me today. I'm thinking it will be my dress for leaving the ship since we're staying an extra day in Miami and I won't have to wear my airplane clothes. Bonus is the lace really shows off my waist.y6atysan.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not usually a fan of hi-low hems but this dress just called to me today. I'm thinking it will be my dress for leaving the ship since we're staying an extra day in Miami and I won't have to wear my airplane clothes. Bonus is the lace really shows off my waist.y6atysan.jpg

I love your dress! It's awesome.:D

Lrg Pizza,

Too bad the hubby didn't get it...I think the dress was really cute!;)

That's a shame, because it is a really cute dress! (I am a little jealous that your DH has enough knowledge of women's clothing to even know the difference between a dress and a cover up, or even a bra, really! My husband is one of those guys who talks about "that pink thing you wear," or "you know, those things that are kind of like shorts, but cover your knees" (of course he means capri pants), and hasn't the foggiest notion of the difference between a snap and a hook and eye! :D

But of course, in the end, if he doesn't like a garment I buy to take on a cruise, I return it, too, because we cruise to be alone together and I dress to please him on a cruise!

I guess this is a "vive la difference" situation.

bummer.. I think it's pretty...but if he thought it was a coverup in person...I would have taken it back too. Kinda kills the romance if you come out dressed up and get that "You're wearing THAT?" look :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
That orange dress reminds me of this one that I bought for a casual night on our Breeze cruise last week. I got so many compliments on it, and it fit wonderfully. Plus, it was on clearance at Target for only $18!!

Ohhh, I love that, love the style as well as the color. And you sure can't beat the price. Well done.

That orange dress reminds me of this one that I bought for a casual night on our Breeze cruise last week. I got so many compliments on it, and it fit wonderfully. Plus, it was on clearance at Target for only $18!!

I actually have probably 3 or 4 orange dresses now. It's my favorite color!

I really like yours and it would be wrong to pass up a bargain!

Edited by Ehpride

Orange is the new black. It's all over the style magazines. How convenient for those of us who cruise the Caribbean!

I own more orange (and other colors) than black. I'm a color fan.

I really like that Ehpride... very pretty! I always wear a dress for Embarktion too :D

Thanks! I almost always wear a dress for embarkation. I can live in them all spring and summer happily. 90 percent of what I pack for cruises is dresses.

I own more orange (and other colors) than black. I'm a color fan.

Another "color fan" here. I do wear black, but on a Caribbean cruise (the only kind I've taken) I wear black only on "formal" night, and sometimes not even then, as I have found some pretty, "dressy" dresses in teal, turquoise, and yes, orange (or tangerine, or coral, or melon or whatever you prefer to call it). Neither DH nor I am truly "formal" on formal night, but we always seem to clean up well...:)

Thanks! I almost always wear a dress for embarkation. I can live in them all spring and summer happily. 90 percent of what I pack for cruises is dresses.

I was thinking of wearing a dress for embarkation but then I read that it could get "interesting" with the wind :eek:

Playful Tippy and Ehpride,

Love your dresses!:D

Sirenitas,

Try wearing the bottom half of a two-piece swimsuit under your dress. Then if the wind should blow the skirt up, a la Marilyn Monroe, no problem!;)

I was thinking of wearing a dress for embarkation but then I read that it could get "interesting" with the wind :eek:

I wear dresses all the time on the ship. I wear bike shorts under most of my dresses and that gets rid of the wind problem. I do the same thing at home and it helps prevent chafing in hot weather.

If I'm wearing a swimsuit underneath, I don't worry about it.

Edited by Ehpride