carry on water

newcruisers2

If you mean when you get to your embarkation port, my husband and I bring a large black marker and just write our room number across the top of each case of water. We drop it off where the luggage is dropped off. We have brought on numerous cases in Port Lauderdale every time we have left from there and we always get all of it delivered to our stateroom.

If you mean when you get to your embarkation port, my husband and I bring a large black marker and just write our room number across the top of each case of water. We drop it off where the luggage is dropped off. We have brought on numerous cases in Port Lauderdale every time we have left from there and we always get all of it delivered to our stateroom.

What a great idea, thats what I love about these boards and CCer's, you get such great information.

Our case of water was refused in Tampa, even though it was in the original wrap, fortified with packing tape and labeled. Fortunately, we had a Costco shopping bag and more packing tape in the trunk. They did take the water after we taped the bag shut and replaced the label.

We leave from San Diego on the 15th, but bought a duffle bag to put the water in this time.

Ricki

In the past we just put a label on the plastic wrapped case of water. After losing several bottles the last time, we came up w/ a few other options.

The next time, we added more packing tape around the case. That worked ok but it was pretty torn and beat up when we got it. Last time, we pulled the plastic bottles out and put it in a carton. That worked best.

I agree that the water on the ship tastes fine. At home, I don't buy bottled water due to environmental and recycling concerns.

However, having a bottle of water for the gym and excursions is very important to us. On all of our recent cruises, there were signs at the water dispensers in the Lido restricting refilling of personal containers. I can understand that they want to only have clean glasses up against the spouts of the dispensers. But I do see people refilling their glasses there all the time. I could fill a bunch of glasses and then pour it into my container. But that takes a long time and is messy.

We actually find the water onboard fairly palatable. I don't know all the technical names, but I believe it goes through several purification processes. Tastes fine to us. :)

Exactly so. The water onboard ships is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). We just bring our own refillable water bottle onboard and fill up in our room. More environmentally friendly that way, too.

Being US Navy retired I know a thing or two about potable water on board a ship. On board cruise ships all water goes through a sophisticated Evaporation process. After that process the water is basically the water you would get out of an under the counter Reverse Osmosis system for your home. Virtually pure with a maximum of 45 PPM total dissolved solids, which is as close to zero ppm as you can get with water. The ships water is, without a doubt, more pure than any bottled water on earth. :)

If you carry a water bottle and want to refill it, just ask the Lido stewards who man the water / iced tea station. They'll fill your bottle for you. The rules against filling your own bottles are to help avoid contamination.

Leave as many cases as you wish with the porters. It will be delivered to your cabin. That said, bottled water is really not necessary as the ships water is probably better than your home tap water.

Someone else asked this but didn't receive an answer..

I drink lots of HAL's tap water..No problem with Hal's tap water, as it's purer & better tasting than our tap water here at home..

Also drink at least one 8 oz glass of Diet Tonic (with Quinine) per day..Does anyone know if HAL carries Diet Tonic w/quinine on board?

If not, I may be forced to carry enough for a daily 8 oz glass, unless I'm able to get into a port which has it for purchase, which is not always the case..

Edited by serendipity1499

I am 95.5% sure that the answer is no. Just regular tonic.

You'll have no problems carrying on or even packing your diet tonic.

Edited by POA1

DH and I put our bottles of water and pop and wine in a carry on size suitcase and board with it. On Carnival, you have to do it that way. We haven't sailed on HAL in a few years, so not sure what the policy is, but we will do it the same way on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise at Thanksgiving. It's actually nice to do it this way because then we have an extra suitcase to use at the end of the cruise.

Being US Navy retired I know a thing or two about potable water on board a ship. On board cruise ships all water goes through a sophisticated Evaporation process. After that process the water is basically the water you would get out of an under the counter Reverse Osmosis system for your home. Virtually pure with a maximum of 45 PPM total dissolved solids, which is as close to zero ppm as you can get with water. The ships water is, without a doubt, more pure than any bottled water on earth. :)

Absolutely! :)

At home, I have a reverse osmosis installation which costs me about $100.00/year for maintenance; on ships, it's FREE! :D I only buy water for long car trips, and take a cooler.

If you are worried about the water (on board or in ports) drink beer!:p:p

Edited by Taxguy77
sp

Absolutely! :)

If you are worried about the water (on board or in ports) drink beer!:p:p

I'm so worried that I take my water, have it made into little cubes, and then sterilize it in an alcohol solution of at least 40%.

I'm so worried that I take my water, have it made into little cubes, and then sterilize it in an alcohol solution of at least 40%.

My feeling has always been -- no matter where I am -- add enough alcohol and you can drink anything.