Just off Liberty

Just left Liberty in Ft. Lauderdale ...what a great time!! If you are sailing her make sure not to miss the In the Air show. It is amazing. The other show Saturday Night Fever is also wonderful. Make sure to sit as close to the front of the stage as possible. Its worth getting there early.

Thanks for the insight! We cruise next Saturday:). How was the food? What ports were you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a great time... we did the my time dining and it worked out well for us. We went to Portofino's one night and the meal was great there. We did breakfast and a lunch in the main dining room a few days and it was delicious too. You were able to order from a standard menu but there was also a buffet you could go up to if you wanted something not on the printed menu.

Even the Windjammer was decent. We eat lots of fruit and veggies and aren't incredibly picky so this was the place for some nibbles and snacks.

We went to Belize and Cozumel. We did the Aerial Trek in Belize which is 6 ziplines through the jungle. Bit of a long ride to get there, about an hour, but worth it for the fun we had.

We didn't end up doing any excursions in Cozumel, we were too tired so we just went shopping in the ports right where we docked.

All in all a fun trip and we're looking forward to our next one.

Just left Liberty in Ft. Lauderdale ...what a great time!! If you are sailing her make sure not to miss the In the Air show. It is amazing. The other show Saturday Night Fever is also wonderful. Make sure to sit as close to the front of the stage as possible. Its worth getting there early.

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. We're on Apr. 26th Liberty & staying on for TA. Did they offer the 3 drink vouchers for Diamond members?

How was Cruise Director?

Thanks!

NJ :)

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a fantastic time. We're on Apr. 26th Liberty & staying on for TA. Did they offer the 3 drink vouchers for Diamond members?

How was Cruise Director?

Thanks!

NJ :)

The cruise director was great.. we are not Diamond level so I can't answer for the drink vouchers:rolleyes:

Was there any information from Captain/officer staff about Liberty/Navigator deployments in 2015/2016?

There was a talk about the future cruises coming but it isn't set in stone. The first officer said your best bet right now is to keep checking the website.

There was a talk about the future cruises coming but it isn't set in stone. The first officer said your best bet right now is to keep checking the website.

What was the talk if you heard some from the officers.

Or was that just what he said .

Thanks

Edited by ssb

I was on Liberty OTS November 20th and February 20th. We had 2 different cruise directors and they were both really fun, amazing outgoing personalities. There were no drink vouchers for either cruise. On the Feb one, there were a lot of Diamond members, so they blocked off half of the Viking Crown lounge in addition to use of the Diamond lounge.

What was the talk if you heard some from the officers.

Or was that just what he said .

Thanks

There was an informational meeting one of the days to just tell people about the upcoming things Royal has planned in the future. Lots of slides and dates and places. But so many you couldn't keep track. Someone raised their hand and asked about the different ships and sailing dates and he said certain ship iteneraries weren's set in stone yet.

Just returned from 5 night Western Caribbean cruise on Liberty and had a great time on this always beautiful ship. The Captain was seen quite often walking about & conversing with guests; very approachable and pleasant. The current cruise director, Jerome, was entertaining but behaved unprofessionally and inappropriately a few times. His assistant, Cuddy, is far more entertaining and personable and would make a fantastic Cruise Director, IMO.

In Labadee we witnessed something never before encountered on 20+ cruises..... Just after 11 am, two Haitians rowed their wooden rowboat AGAINST the port side of the ship while we were docked, shouting/catcalling at women & attempting to hustle anyone on their balcony to drop $1 and $5 bills overboard for them. Seriously? No security patrol boats anywhere on port side. I stepped back inside to our stateroom and called Guest Services & asked them to notify Security of this quite unsettling incident. Eventually, two straw-hatted men in a skiff came by and shooed the beggars away. This was our fourth visit to Labadee and we have never seen this before.

Lots of spring breakers/families with children on this cruise. Dining room meals and service were great; tried My-Time Dining and it worked out well.

There seems to be an air of enthusiasm and unity among the staff of this ship. They are quite pleasant and seem to enjoy their work; always a good thing!

Have you any pics you could post, we are looking forward to our very first cruise on liberty in may, xxx

Agreed!!! I was on Liberty last weekend. I've been on this ship and seen these same shows 3 times and have to say, this was the most energetic cast to date. They made In The Air and Saturday Night Fever excellent.

Thanks for your post about Liberty! we are sailing on her One week from today, first time on a RCI ship. We have always cruised Carnival but are taking kids for the first time and decided to give it a try. Hope we are impressed!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your post about Liberty! we are sailing on her One week from today, first time on a RCI ship. We have always cruised Carnival but are taking kids for the first time and decided to give it a try. Hope we are impressed!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on the same cruise. Don't miss the ice show. I think you will be VERY impressed!

Just off the Liberty on the 12th as well.

I thought the shows were the best I have ever experienced.

The ship was in good shape, however I found the staff lacking in positivity and this is our 8th cruise with Royal. Our stateroom attendant was awesome, but I was slightly disappointed with the rest of the staff. No good morning, no smiles etc.

Otherwise, we did enjoy our cruise and would continue to sail with Royal.