Speciality Restaurants - extras helpings?

It looks like based on reviews there is no problem having multiple appetizers but what about entrees? For example asking for a smaller portion as an appetizer or having two entrees? What about 150 Park Central - if you really love a particular course can you ask for seconds? What about combining entrees ie: steak and scallops on one plate if they are two separate entrees? I'm assuming you can do all of the above in MDR?

in the MDR, yes, you can do all of the above. I have not been on oasis class, but we have been to chops on freedom and explorer. As of last december (things can always change), you can order as many apps and sides and deserts as you want, but you cannot order 2 entrees. If you want 2, there is an extra charge.

in the MDR, yes, you can do all of the above. I have not been on oasis class, but we have been to chops on freedom and explorer. As of last december (things can always change), you can order as many apps and sides and deserts as you want, but you cannot order 2 entrees. If you want 2, there is an extra charge.
I'm a big eater, however I have never been able to finish all the food given to me in Chops. I can't understand how anyone could eat 2 entrees.

The entrees are HUGE.....even my hubby, who is a big eater, couldn't finish it all....did I mention the portions are gigantic?

In the specialties, if you wish to order an additional entree, there is another charge....but you may get appetizers and sides galore......but it will be A LOT of food!

There is so much food in the specialty dining restaurants I can't even imagine getting extra appetizers, let alone two entree's! The portions are much larger than you may be used to in the MDR.

If you want to try a second entry, go a second night so you can truly enjoy it without stuffing your self!

It looks like based on reviews there is no problem having multiple appetizers but what about entrees? For example asking for a smaller portion as an appetizer or having two entrees? What about 150 Park Central - if you really love a particular course can you ask for seconds? What about combining entrees ie: steak and scallops on one plate if they are two separate entrees? I'm assuming you can do all of the above in MDR?

A few years ago at Portofino's, I asked for a 2nd entrée that looked good and was told that it would cost me $10 extra. I went for it and enjoyed it immensely.

We dined in Chops on the Freedom a couple of years ago and my husband ordered an extra entree and was charged for it. :(

It's not about the volume of food, I'm not even a huge eater but I'm an adventurous eater and enjoy different tastes and foods in meals. I've looked at the menus and there is just so much I want to try I know I won't be able to fit it all in!

Then go two or three times and order something different each time.

Then go two or three times and order something different each time.

I understand that's an option I was just hoping for my option. The cruise cost just seems to be creeping up and up.... and yes, I know I don't "need" to eat in the speciality restaurants, MDR is great....

In Chops I asked the waiter which app. Was better, the shrimp cocktail or duet of oysters. He brought both. Way too much food, but great!

In Giovanni's, we did lunch with a group of 8. They just kept bringing stuff and we all shared.

Since the entrees are so large, order one each and share them.

150 Central Park is a tasting menu. After all the courses,you'll be full.

We did the Chefs Table, and they will bring extra if they have it and you ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk