Mazatlán is back!

RickEk

I have a Mexican Riviera cruise booked on the Crown Princess in December and in perusing my booking today in the Cruise Personalizer, I noticed that the itinerary has changed and that Ensenada has been dropped and Mazatlán added. Very nice! It's been a few years since Princess has gone to Mazatlán and I'm glad it's back.

Best News today! Missing Stone Island and Victors!

Hallelujah!! I'll be booking, and praying that Victor is still there, along with his restaurant.

On our last Mariner of the Seas cruise to Mazatlan, Victor brought out a bottle of tequila, about half empty, and along with 2 friends, we did shots. When he ran out, he found another bottle.

We staggered back to the ship.......what a fun day with Victor! Victors on Stone Island has some of the best cook shrimp, over an open coal fire.

I'm just praying he will be there when we return.

Thanks for the great update!!:D

Rick

On the downside, Cabo has gone from an all day stop to the traditional 7am to 2pm... sigh.

I never understood why princess didn't just park the ship in Cabo harbor for a day and half like carnival did instead of half a day in ensenada, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the money. It's a bummer that Cabo will really only be a 5 hour call given how long it can take to tender back and forth. Didn't care for that a few years ago, and dont care for it now. I'd prefer Mazatlan a half day stop.

In other news this is nice to add another established port to the Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco home port project. Ground broke last month and they are anticipating the first ship in 2016 or so.

On the downside, Cabo has gone from an all day stop to the traditional 7am to 2pm... sigh.

Cabo isn't really Mexico. It's great if you want to grab a Subway sandwich though :p

I hope Randy's Happy Horses has survived.

With a sadness in my heart, Randi passed away a bit over a year ago. I don't know whether Daniel took over, and I have not looked on the internet to see if he is still running Randi's Happy Horses.

Here is what was said just after she passed away. She was a friend, and I have many memories, as she introduced me to Victor, and his restaurant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758517

Rick

Rick, that is the same schedule, in Cabo, that we had on the Sapphire Princess last month on a Sea of Cortez 10 day cruise.

Looking forward to seeing Mazatlan again!

Rick

With a sadness in my heart, Randi passed away a bit over a year ago. I don't know whether Daniel took over, and I have not looked on the internet to see if he is still running Randi's Happy Horses.

Here is what was said just after she passed away. She was a friend, and I have many memories, as she introduced me to Victor, and his restaurant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758517

Rick

Yes, that was the first thing I looked for when I saw that Mazatlán was back on the schedule and was quite saddened to hear that Randi had passed away. She was a feisty old broad and we had a great time on Stone Island riding her horses. Hopefully Victor's is still there... best shrimp ever!

2993201939_279c79f56c_n.jpg 2994043128_db2fa73d32.jpg 2993141379_c6a8f4ecca.jpg

Rick, that is the same schedule, in Cabo, that we had on the Sapphire Princess last month on a Sea of Cortez 10 day cruise.

Looking forward to seeing Mazatlan again!

Rick

Well, our original itinerary was from 7am to 4pm. Just two hours more, but with tendering and all, it was a welcome two hours.

As an aside, a couple of years ago, we took a New Year's cruise on the Sapphire and we had an overnight in Cabo. It was great!

Even though your booked cruises show Mazatlan, I went on Princess and was looking when the change was made so I can book it. Well, Princess booking site still shows the old itinerary for Crown Princess cruises with Ensenada as the stop.

That will change soon enough...

That is really sad to hear.

A few years ago, we had a great time meeting her and riding on the beach.

Three weeks ago when we were at Stone Island, there were horses being ridden on the beach. Maybe someone else took it over.

FYI there are two other families that were in competition to Randi. She was the best, and I'll try to find out if Daniel has taken over, and is still running their family business, that Randi befriended, and built.

Rick, later today I'll get some pictures up of Stone Island, Victors etc. Thank you so much for sharing!!

:)

Rick