Mazatlán is back!

RickEk

Even though your booked cruises show Mazatlan, I went on Princess and was looking when the change was made so I can book it. Well, Princess booking site still shows the old itinerary for Crown Princess cruises with Ensenada as the stop.

I am having the same problem. For those who may know the details, which cruise date has begun the new itinerary and will they continue through the new year?

I am having the same problem. For those who may know the details, which cruise date has begun the new itinerary and will they continue through the new year?

Me too, I have this cruise saved and I can't see where it's showing the change.......can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks!

we got the update from princess today. Well, we have friends in Ensenada from years of stopping there and we like it too! As long as it truly is safe in Mazatlan we'll get off the ship. We are going to Cabo for a week next week and will do some asking around. We are happy to go to Mexico any time anywhere !

Me too, I have this cruise saved and I can't see where it's showing the change.......can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks!

My understanding is that all upcoming fall/winter 7-day Mexican Riviera sailings will be dropping Ensenada and adding Mazatlán.

Cabo isn't really Mexico. It's great if you want to grab a Subway sandwich though :p

ITA. When my mom and I were there the first time, first words out of my mouth were, "why bother leaving home?" Luckily, we did the tour to San Jose de. Cabo and that reminded us more of the Mexico we knew in the very early 70's. My cousins and us would go to. Mexico at least once a year.....off the beaten path and I remember many town squares like San Jose.

What great news! So much better than going to Ensenada!

Holland America has already put Mazatlan back on their itineraries this season.

Was on Hal a couple of weeks ago and loved our Mazatlan stop. Went to Stone Island. Mazatlan Frank is back to doing tours in Mazatlan too.

Gloria, nice to hear Frank is back. We loved touring with him.:)

Luckily, we did the tour to San Jose de. Cabo and that reminded us more of the Mexico we knew in the very early 70's. My cousins and us would go to. Mexico at least once a year.....off the beaten path and I remember many town squares like San Jose.
I agree. We took a shore excursion to San Jose del Cabo last time we were in Cabo. A very nice town, with a wonderful plaza. So much more traditional Mexico than Cabo.

That is ok with me. Cabo is my least favorite port. So glad Mazatlan is back.

The best time we had in Cabo was on an overnight. 'Twas able to spend an evening at Cabo Wabo (yeah, overpriced, but the music was great!). I wonder if the Monkey Business bar is still around... great margaritas. We'll get off the ship for those... :p

Are you on a Mexican Riviera itinerary or a Coastal? I think they've only switched out Ensenada on the Mexican itineraries.

Are you on a Mexican Riviera itinerary or a Coastal? I think they've only switched out Ensenada on the Mexican itineraries.

Yes, the coastals will still go to Ensenada. Not enough time to get to Mazatlán. :)

With a sadness in my heart, Randi passed away a bit over a year ago. I don't know whether Daniel took over, and I have not looked on the internet to see if he is still running Randi's Happy Horses.

Here is what was said just after she passed away. She was a friend, and I have many memories, as she introduced me to Victor, and his restaurant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1758517

Rick

Thanks for posting the link to the thread. I hadn't heard about her passing. Was one of our memorable excursions for that cruise.

For those that remember the days of Randi and Stone Island, here is the only horseback riding tour on Stone Island that I can find advertised.

http://www.mazatlantours.org/horseback-riding.htm

It does not involve the family that had the horses that Randi used. Nor does it involve Victor's Restaurant.

Great memories, but time moves on!!;)

Rick

I think if you'll read the entire thread, you'll find that she did indeed go.

I did, after I posted! :(

RIP, Randi, and thanks for the wonderful day with you and your horses in 2002 whilst aboard Sea Princess. ;)

we got the update from princess today. Well, we have friends in Ensenada from years of stopping there and we like it too! As long as it truly is safe in Mazatlan we'll get off the ship. We are going to Cabo for a week next week and will do some asking around. We are happy to go to Mexico any time anywhere !

I hope no one minds me hijacking but if you have time while you are in Cabo could you please see if the pharmacy next to 'Mr Frog' has a e-mail address as I would love to contact them before we leave for our cruise which will stop there in April. Thank you in advance if you can manage this Yvonne

Thanks!

FYI, Mazatlán is now showing as part of the Mexican Riviera itinerary on the Princess website for new bookings on Crown Princess...:)

I don't remember a pharmacy next to Mr Frogs, just stores ,if I see will get tho!

T hank you so much Otherwise any good pharmacy on the docks would assist I do appreciate your giving time for this regards Yvonne

Edited by windsor26