Goodbye Sapphire, Goodbye Alfredo's

jamesnnb

On our last two Princess cruises on the Sapphire we feel in love with Alfredo's Pizzeria. Our next cruise will be on The Crown and they do not have Alfredo's Pizzeria. Is there anywhere on The Crown that has pizza similar to Alfredo's? Long ago we had pizza at the Lido which was not that good.

We actually prefer the pizza on the lido and consider it the closest thing to authentic New York style pizza at sea. We will still miss the Sapphire for lots of other reasons. We found the setting for Alfredo's very pleasant and the pizza good. I wish they offered salads. We would usually bring something over from the International Cafe.

On our last two Princess cruises on the Sapphire we feel in love with Alfredo's Pizzeria. Our next cruise will be on The Crown and they do not have Alfredo's Pizzeria. Is there anywhere on The Crown that has pizza similar to Alfredo's? Long ago we had pizza at the Lido which was not that good.

I love Alfredo's and the Sapphire, too, but hey, I guess we have to adapt.

I agree with Loreni that the pizza up on top is pretty good. There are usually three kinds to choose from. Give it another try:). My fave is the Margharetta, but during the length of the cruise you will see lots of variety.

Give it a look... Enjoy the aroma, and pretty soon I think you will try it.

Enjoy :)

IMHO, the pizza on Lido deck doesn't come close to Alfredo's. :( But taste and preference is subjective. I'm thrilled to be going back on the Royal which has an expanded Alfredo's. Can't wait! I suspect my streak of never gaining weight on a cruise will be broken.

Wow, Dorisis, that is a brave thing to say:). Thanks for saying so:)

I really do like the pizza up on top, and Alfredo's pizza, too. if one's ship doesn't have Alfredo's, like the Crown, it is great to have the Lido pizza:)

Enjoy, everyone :)

I really do like the pizza up on top' date=' and Alfredo's pizza, too. if one's ship doesn't have Alfredo's, like the Crown, it is great to have the Lido pizza:)

Enjoy, everyone :)[/quote']

Two years ago when I returned to Princess after a decade long absence I eagerly anticipated chomping down on their renowned 'Best Pizza at Sea'. It was horrible, tomato paste covered cardboard.

Jump ahead to this past December and the pizza at Prego's was vastly improved. I also dined at Alfredo's on Royal Princess at least four times, and quite enjoyed it as well.

Everyone has different tastes and preferences. It's nice to have choices.

:D

Two years ago when I returned to Princess after a decade long absence I eagerly anticipated chomping down on their renowned 'Best Pizza at Sea'. It was horrible, tomato paste covered cardboard.

Jump ahead to this past December and the pizza at Prego's was vastly improved. I also dined at Alfredo's on Royal Princess at least four times, and quite enjoyed it as well.

Everyone has different tastes and preferences. It's nice to have choices.

Yes, choices work for me:)

So glad that Prego's was much better this past December:)

Thanks for the updated perspective.

We've always enjoyed Alfredo's on the ships that have it. It's a different style that Pregos. We usually enjoy Pregos but on our Mar 23 Sapphire sailing it was terrible on sail away day. You description above nailed it. We didn't try it again but others have said it was fine. Apparently, we got a bad batch of pizzas.

We find Alfredos very good.

Alfredo's is quite delicious, but since it's so different, I can't really compare it with the Lido pizza. Lido pizza is so good…especially with an ice cold beer from the bar next to it. :D

Alfredo's is quite delicious, but since it's so different, I can't really compare it with the Lido pizza. Lido pizza is so good…especially with an ice cold beer from the bar next to it. :D

Before Alfredos we were still big Princess pizza fans.

I think they all have their bad days once in awhile.

Before Alfredos we were still big Princess pizza fans.

I think they all have their bad days once in awhile.

Agree completely. They sometimes get the hot plates they put the baked pizza on so hot that it overlooks the crust.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

On the Island Princess in Nov. they served Alfredo's menu in Sabatini's at lunch time.
I believe this has also been done on the Coral. Others have posted that it will not be rolled out to the larger ships because they don't have the capacity to serve the added passengers. That didn't make sense to me. All Sabatini's must have an oven that can cook pizza because that was part of the old menu and it should have been sized to meet the capacity of Sabatini's on the larger ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

I will be on the grand next month -- is Alfredo's pizza free?

Hi Lisa - just saw your post over here. Hope you haven't abandoned our roll call? To answer, yes Alfredo's is indeed free :) and they had very good pizza when we were on her last year as I recall :)