Fishnets with what type of shoe???

LindaM

With my luck, they are probably out of style, since I finally bought some! I really don't like going bared legged without a tan. I hate to do the fake tan on a cruise, because something always happens and I end up with splotches or lines.

My question is, can I wear them with a peephole bootie, or an open toed sandal? I know to not wear pantihose with sandals, but I wasn't sure about the fishnets.

NO! That would look terrible...awful...don't do it!

If you can't get a bit of tan, no worries.....nice, pale skin is a rarity...if you have it, flaunt it!

If you want a "tan look", try Jergens self tanning moisterizer..it's works slowly, but very well, without "splotching" or streaking.

I would suggest a classic high heeled shoe.

High heels with an ankle strap ramps it up a notch (or two). ;)

I have seen them worn with peep toed shoes, but I wouldn't personally wear them that way. I'm not sure if you've tried them on yet or not, but in my experience, your toes poke through the stockings and I would be more conscious of it (meaning it would get on my nerves) if my toes were visible.

I would actually wear nude 'hoes before fishnet with peep toes - esp if they are a bold color. Unless you can get your toes through the netting and make it look like they are toeless....which might actually work now that I think about it! But I'm not sure how comfortable that would be. lol

Leave the fishnets at home. You would not want to be considered in the category of the profession that still wears them!:rolleyes:

What...dancers?

Sandy in Spain

Leave the fishnets at home. You would not want to be considered in the category of the profession that still wears them!:rolleyes:

These are nude.....with very small openings. I would compare them with patterned hose. Thanks to those who replied. I read Instyle and Stylewatch, so I'm not completely out of it!

You wear whatever you would like...I tend to dress a little out of the box myself.

I wore some black floral patterned tights with black peephole heeled booties and a black dress one year. Popped it with fabulous accessories.

You wear whatever you would like...I tend to dress a little out of the box myself.

I wore some black floral patterned tights with black peephole heeled booties and a black dress one year. Popped it with fabulous accessories.

That sounds perfect, to me! A black dress alone could be a little boring. You did a good job of taking it up a couple notches! I'm trying to dress out of the box as well. I may be older, but I don't want to look frumpy.

Sorry to butt into a Ladies conversation, but just wanted to give one man's opinion, there is nothing more awesome(sexy) than a Lady in fishnets or or those hoes with the seam up the back. WOW ;)

That sounds perfect, to me! A black dress alone could be a little boring. You did a good job of taking it up a couple notches! I'm trying to dress out of the box as well. I may be older, but I don't want to look frumpy.

I'm with you..I'm older, and frumpy is not in my vocab. In fact, I probably tend to dress a bit younger, but always tasteful.

Got a great compliment when I went to the grocery store yesterday, and the bakery lady yelled, "You're outfit is so cute. I want to go shopping with you". At my age, compliments like that make my day. LOL

I'm with you..I'm older, and frumpy is not in my vocab. In fact, I probably tend to dress a bit younger, but always tasteful.

Got a great compliment when I went to the grocery store yesterday, and the bakery lady yelled, "You're outfit is so cute. I want to go shopping with you". At my age, compliments like that make my day. LOL

I know what you mean....the complement you received put a smile on my face as well! I always make sure I complement older women (who are older than me). I recall how it made my mom so happy when someone complemented her!

• 4 weeks later...
I have fishnets in black and nude. Very small fishnet (i.e. not hookerish). I have worn the black ones with black strappy heels several times, and I think it looks good.

To me, that is the point of fishnets. To wear in place of opaque or patterned tights. I believe I mentioned earlier that I saw them in O magazine on Jane Lynch with open toed booties recently. For whatever reason, I trust Oprah to know what is appropriate. I have a feeling a lot of people here didn't know that fishnets come with VERY small holes. When I googled this, I saw more examples of small holed fishnets with open shoes.

We sail on HAL Prinsendam. Believe me, that ship is NOT a fashion show. When we first started cruising, I paid a lot of attention to my cruise wardrobe and put a lot of effort into it. It was fun, as I love clothes/fashion. On HAL, if a person wears a dress in the DR, they will stand out. I think people traveling in Europe/overseas aren't concerned about dress as much.

I think people traveling in Europe/overseas aren't concerned about dress as much.

I disagree 100%. I've taken three oversas cruises and three that left from the US, and I assure you that the people were MUCH more elegantly (not to be confused with formally) attired on the overseas cruises I've been on.

I disagree 100%. I've taken three oversas cruises and three that left from the US, and I assure you that the people were MUCH more elegantly (not to be confused with formally) attired on the overseas cruises I've been on.

Perhaps it is the ship/line you are sailing on. We've taken at least 15 European cruises---that is what I'm basing my opinion on. We've sailed in Europe on Princess, Celebrity and HAL. Our most recent Caribbean cruises have been on Regent. On our first HAL Prinsendam cruise, I brought dresses for dinner, because this ship is their most luxurious. I was the only one dressed that way. Or, one of the few. On our last cruise in Sept., there was a woman who wore a dress in the DR every evening, and her husband wore a blazer. They most definitely stood out. They did look wonderful! At any rate, perhaps HAL passengers aren't into fashion. European cruises are so port intensive---who has time to think about it? Also, unless one pays for an extra suitcase, something has to go!

Just remembered we did a Fjords cruise on Royal Car. That was the worst. Our tablemates came to dinner in jeans!

Edited by LindaM
edit

Late to the conversation....

But if you would like to wear fishnets I would suggest you buy dance fishnets... Why?

Dancers fishnets have extra padding on the sole of the foot because after a while fishnets can hurt in a shoe... I guess because I dance I am not offensive to fishnets in a open toe, I think they look fine...

So if still something you would like to do go to Danceshopper.com Good selection of fishnets, good quality.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An interesting thread, in agreement with the above ladies, in GB large mesh nets are worn by hookers and pole dancers, or for fancy dress parties, I have a pair for pantomime. Would also agree with the gentleman, many men find them very attractive.

I haven't seen the smaller mesh ones, they sound a bit lumpy, but reading with interest as my legs are not display worthy so thick hosiery is a must for me.