Soda package

Shire

First time Princess line cruiser on May 10th.

Do Princess offer a per-day soda package as other lines do? I have searched the site and can find no reference. Cunard used to charge about $8 a day for unlimited sodas from the bar gun.

Do Princess offer a per-day soda package as other lines do? I have searched the site and can find no reference. Cunard used to charge about $8 a day for unlimited sodas from the bar gun.

Unlimited Soda Package Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.Item #0523$5.18 per person/per day*Unlimited Soda & More Package Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.Item #2312$8.05 per person/per day*

If you are asking if you can buy JUST A ONE DAY package I believe that answer is no

The information is on the Princess website under Gifts & Services > Princess Cellars. Scroll all the way down to the bottom: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

$5.18 for unlimited bar-dispensed soda, including the 15% gratuity.

$8.05 for unlimited sodas, mocktails, juice throughout the day not just at breakfast, shakes, floats, hot chocolate, etc.

There's no price difference between pre-ordering or buying a sticker after boarding the ship. You can get either sticker at any bar, restaurant, dining room, lounge, on Lido deck, or at one of the several tables throughout the ship on embarkation day. There's always a table at the aft elevators on Lido deck selling the stickers. You also get an insulated Coke glass or whatever you call it.

Princess has two types of soda packages that you buy for the cruise (you can't prorate it if that's what you're thinking of):

Unlimited Soda Package $5.18 per person/per day

Unlimited Soda & More Package $8.05 per person/per day

If you look near the bottom of this page on the Princess site, you can see a description: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp or you can look on this page: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/casual_dining/

You don't have to buy it ahead of time (through this gifts page), as there will be many tables selling the stickers on the first day of the cruise (trust me on this).

These are fountain drinks so if you prefer cans, you can buy those on a separate basis.

Edited by Cruisin' Chick

I always find it interesting when so many people say don't bother buying it ahead of time. JMHO, but why wouldn't you? If you know you're going to buy one, go ahead and order it. That way the sticker is embedded on your cruise card from the "get go" and you can get a drink right away if you want (without paying port taxes as you will in certain ports).

Also, for us Canadians, pre-ordering it allows us to save a little on the exchange rate too! :cool:

I always find it interesting when so many people say don't bother buying it ahead of time. JMHO, but why wouldn't you? If you know you're going to buy one, go ahead and order it. That way the sticker is embedded on your cruise card from the "get go" and you can get a drink right away if you want (without paying port taxes as you will in certain ports).

Also, for us Canadians, pre-ordering it allows us to save a little on the exchange rate too! :cool:

One reason, at least for me, is that I get a ton of OBC (over $550 for my next cruise) so why would I pay $$$ when it's covered by the OBC? :) When I got one on the Sapphire after boarding, they hand wrote the charge and it was put into the system after sailing so there was no local tax.

One reason, at least for me, is that I get a ton of OBC (over $550 for my next cruise) so why would I pay $$$ when it's covered by the OBC? :) When I got one on the Sapphire after boarding, they hand wrote the charge and it was put into the system after sailing so there was no local tax.

Ah, now that makes sense! I can only hope to someday get that much OBC! :cool:

I assume you can buy the package say on Day 2. My plan is to have a few samples first to check out the taste - I have had plenty of gun sodas that taste like ?!X$.
No. Embarkation day only since the cost is based on the number of days on the cruise.
This is an aside but do Princess have the 'enrichment' lectures? My wife says she likes listening to clever interesting people, for a change!
Only on longer cruises with sea days. Edited by Pam in CA

No. Embarkation day only since the cost is based on the number of days on the cruise.

Surely if you purchased on day 2 of a 10 day cruise they could just charge you for 9 days. Sounds pretty simple to me to work out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Surely if you purchased on day 2 of a 10 day cruise they could just charge you for 9 days. Sounds pretty simple to me to work out.
Actually, no, because the cost is based on the length of the cruise. They won't sell you one although it's possible they might if you were willing to pay the full amount, not prorated. It's available on embarkation day.

Same with us. We have over $800 on our June 7 day Alaska cruise. We did a cruise on another line in January that included wine at lunch and dinner, sodas, water, and booze in our cabin. Also included all gratuities. We had to work very hard to use up our OBC on that trip. We thought we had it all covered, but when checking our account on the final sea day we discovered that there had been more added to our account. Fortunately that was refundable, as it was the result of them charging us for something we didn't purchase when we booked and no one noticed. They credited what we didn't use back to our credit card immediately after the cruise. We saw it on our cc account the next day after disembarking when we got home.