Which would you choose?

bling19572010

Which hotel would you choose for 1 night pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale.....Doubletree GalleryOne or Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina? We want something nice, $200.00 or under per night, clean and close to restaurants (walking distance is preferable). Thank you.

While I haven't stayed at the Doubletree I have stayed at the Hilton Marina. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both are close to restaurants and the ICW. We have stayed at the Hilton a couple of times because we love their pool area. The pool bar is a fun place but the food prices are high. It's a good alternative if you don't feel like going anywhere else.

Which hotel would you choose for 1 night pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale.....Doubletree GalleryOne or Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina? We want something nice, $200.00 or under per night, clean and close to restaurants (walking distance is preferable). Thank you.

The Doubletree! I like the location better and it has a man made beach! Plus it is a water taxi stop and just over the bridge from some GREAT dining.

Hi, they both have water taxi pick up points:)...I have stayed at the

Hilton but not at Doubletree but have been to the Galleria, which is

where Doubletree is located......I would stay at either place. Galleria

has ALOT of restaurant choices too:D

Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe;)...whichever....check the prices, pick

the lower one.

Edited by Lois R

We just stayed at both for the first time. We stayed at the Hilton Marina the night before our cruise and the Doubletree the night after our cruise. We absolutely LOVED the Doubletree! Excellent location if you don't have a car. Publix and lots of restaurants close by. Our suite at the Doubletree was amazing and we will definitely stay there again. The Hilton Marina was o.k. but most likely would not stay there again.

GalleryOne is a very slept on hotel because it is on Sunrise Blvd, making the distance to the port/airport a more expensive taxi ride ($10 to $15 more I'd guess) . . . . but it really is situated in one of the best locations in the area and it's a nice to have the "suite" amenities as well.

It has 4 major things for it: Walking distance to Galleria Mall / restaurants, walking distance to beach, walking distance to Publix and Water Taxi stop.

Hilton Marina . . . it's ok, awesome pool area and closer to the port/airport.

If the extra $25 in total cab fare isn't going to bother you (port to hotel and hotel to airport), I'd definitely go GalleryOne

Edited by kdawg954

Stayed at Hilton Marina pre cruise for one night-nice hotel-Awesome views-but it isn't near any restaurants etc, There is a restaurant on the property and its good but all of the food and drinks are pricey