Coco Cay versus Half Moon Cay

Getting ready to try Coco Cay in September. I can only hope it is half as awesome as Half Moon Cay! Best beach I have ever been to. You will not be disappointed. Food was great as well... ship was alright (Fascination).

We've done both and IMHO Half Moon Cay is somewhat nicer than Cocoa Cay. It seemed less crowded and had a nicer beach. :)

But there's nothing wrong with Cocoa Cay. You'll have a great time there.

Edited by rednancy1

I have done both plus Princess Cay and Labadee. In my opinion, Half Moon Cay is far and away the nicest of the private beaches. Yes, they have the lunch buffet on shore; the facility is pleasant. You can rent a clamshell for shade (space for two chairs) for $20. The sand is soft and rock-free.

I think Half Moon Cay is far nicer than CoCo Csy or Princess Cay. The beach is just,well, perfect at Half Moon Cay. I do not think the lunches at any of the private island stops are particularly good. Convenient, yes, but that is about it!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We love Coco Cay, but are somewhat considering a carnival itinerary that would stop at their private island, half moon cay. Can anyone that has been to both please give me a comparison?

Thank you.

Hi there,

Forgive the shameless plug, but we have profiles for all of the private islands that might be able to help you compare what's offered: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1418. (You might have to scroll down a bit. Click the name of the private island within its blurb text, and it'll take you to the full profile. :) )

Edited by ashley@cruisecritic

Almost everyone is going to tell you HMC (Half Moon Cay) is better and it is lovely there ... but we actually like CocoCay better. CocoCay has a wonderful beach area with shady spots and is VERY close to a beach bar. :)

LuLu

~~~

Here are some pictures to compare the two.

Half Moon Cay

Coco Cay

Not a very valid comparison being that Half Moon Cay is clearly holding a concert of some sort likely from a theme cruise and Coco Cay isnt.

Here is Coco Cay under the same circumstances.

dmbcrowdshotfromstage_image4.jpg

Half Moon Cay

large.i0e63x29evfz.jpg

Coco Cay

84488d1164810756-coco-cay-perfect-spot-dscn3868-8x10-4-large-.jpg

Funny, you would use this picture!

It looked NOTHING like this when we went.

Why would you post this?

It's completely innacurate!!!!!!!

Half Moon Cay

large.i0e63x29evfz.jpg

Coco Cay

84488d1164810756-coco-cay-perfect-spot-dscn3868-8x10-4-large-.jpg

OP,

Not sure of this poster's intent, but these pictures in no way represent the nature of each beach. The HMC picture had to be from a rare theme cruise charter with everyone jammed in front of one stage instead of spread throughout the very sprawling beach. There is no stage and speakers with bands while regular cruise itineraries are in. The Coco Cay picture is obviously of an isolated section (there may not even be accessible beach there; note the lack of loungers).

Something else we encountered. Coco Cay was nice, but we found that there was exposed coral in some of the swimming areas. HMC is soft in and out of the water.