Stupid question, How do you multi quote in 1 posting????

rene194215

See the " button next to the QUOTE button. Click on that. It'll turn red. On your last quote hit reply.

If you want to move a quote from one thread to another-- hit the ", open the new thread, hit reply. Then under the text square it will ask if you want to include the other posts.

I have only been able to get three quotes in a post. Somehow others are able to get more.

Edited by SadieN

In the lower right-hand corner of each post, you will find some icons. Click on the one that looks like a quotation mark -- it should light up, or change color. Then, move on to the next post you wish to quote, and do the same thing. Then, just click on the "reply" button, like you normally do to post. Both posts should appear in your "reply" frame. Then, it's just like any other quote. You can address both of them at the bottom of the frame, or scroll up and answer them, one at a time. If you're unsure about whether it's working, use the "preview post" button to check out your reply before you hit the "submit" button. BTW -- I think you can only quote two other posts this way -- at least, that's all I've been able to do. Hope this helps -- good luck! :cool:

See the " button next to the QUOTE button. Click on that. It'll turn red. On your last quote hit reply.

If you want to move a quote from one thread to another-- hit the ", open the new thread, hit reply. Then under the text square it will ask if you want to include the other posts.

I have only been able to get three quotes in a post. Somehow others are able to get more.

In the lower right-hand corner of each post, you will find some icons. Click on the one that looks like a quotation mark -- it should light up, or change color. Then, move on to the next post you wish to quote, and do the same thing. Then, just click on the "reply" button, like you normally do to post. Both posts should appear in your "reply" frame. Then, it's just like any other quote. You can address both of them at the bottom of the frame, or scroll up and answer them, one at a time. If you're unsure about whether it's working, use the "preview post" button to check out your reply before you hit the "submit" button. BTW -- I think you can only quote two other posts this way -- at least, that's all I've been able to do. Hope this helps -- good luck! :cool:

Like this? I've been wondering how to do it. Cool!!!!! :D

I learn something every day, here on CC! :) Thanks for the info on how to move a quote to another thread -- I always wondered how people did that! And, if you get three quotes in a reply, that's more than I've ever managed, lol! Wonder if it has anything to do with the size of the post.

Looks like you got it! :cool:

They used to allow multiple multiple quotes. :D I think we could quote at least 6 at one time; now it is down to 2. To quote more than two posts, you have to either open a duplicate browser and copy and paste, or you can post your reply and then quickly hit "Edit" on your own post to add more comments (using copy and paste). I love when people quote multiple times, like 6 or 7 in one post. I know how much work they went to and it looks totally cool. :cool: :)

They used to allow multiple multiple quotes. :D I think we could quote at least 6 at one time; now it is down to 2. To quote more than two posts, you have to either open a duplicate browser and copy and paste, or you can post your reply and then quickly hit "Edit" on your own post to add more comments (using copy and paste). I love when people quote multiple times, like 6 or 7 in one post. I know how much work they went to and it looks totally cool. :cool: :)

Yep, just checked 5 qoutes and it only posted the first two. Someone did say they were able to do large multi quotes thru the phone app. I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm too lazy to do more than they allow. I just do mutliple, multi quote posts. :)

I learn something every day, here on CC! :) Thanks for the info on how to move a quote to another thread -- I always wondered how people did that! And, if you get three quotes in a reply, that's more than I've ever managed, lol! Wonder if it has anything to do with the size of the post.

You're welcome!

Looks like you got it! :cool:

Edited by SadieN

Yeah I was hoping to do like 6 at once! But if it is only 2 then at least that is only 3 times I have to reply. I was on the right track but I think I had like 7 "highlighted" and then clicked Post reply and only the last one showed up. Looks like it might work now with 2!!!!

Its easier to respond to poeple and can do it quicker!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!! (assumuing mine works when I click submit:confused::cool:)

Yeah I was hoping to do like 6 at once! But if it is only 2 then at least that is only 3 times I have to reply. I was on the right track but I think I had like 7 "highlighted" and then clicked Post reply and only the last one showed up. Looks like it might work now with 2!!!!

Its easier to respond to poeple and can do it quicker!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!!! (assumuing mine works when I click submit:confused::cool:)

Showing how to....

Yep, just checked 5 qoutes and it only posted the first two. Someone did say they were able to do large multi quotes thru the phone app. I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm too lazy to do more than they allow. I just do mutliple, multi quote posts. :)

Get more than....

They used to allow multiple multiple quotes. I think we could quote at least 6 at one time; now it is down to 2. To quote more than two posts, you have to either open a duplicate browser and copy and paste, or you can post your reply and then quickly hit "Edit" on your own post to add more comments (using copy and paste). I love when people quote multiple times, like 6 or 7 in one post. I know how much work they went to and it looks totally cool.

2 in a post....

Looks like you got it!

Wonder....

Like this? I've been wondering how to do it. Cool!!!!!

How many is that? ;)

If you want more than 2 you have to manually do it. There is a quote button at the top of the message box, it's a yellow button right next to the Insert Image button. Click on that and then scroll down and you can see all the posts from the thread and highlight the one you want and insert in in the quotes. can do it as many times as you want! takes a lot of time but easier than posting numerous times and it doesn't show who posted it~

Edited by Alliezona09

... takes a lot of time but easier than posting numerous times and it doesn't show who posted it~

That's the thing, though - I like to see who is being quoted, plus with the actual quote function you can click on the little arrow within the quote box and go to the entire original quote. Thank you for the explanation - it is appreciated, but for me it is very frustrating seeing a quote but not seeing who quoted it. That's just how I roll. :D

EDITED to add: OP rene194215, it is not a stupid question at all. That's how we learn fun new things. I thought that earlier but forgot to tell you. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

just checking it out

Thank you, thank you. I have finally learned how to do that.

That's the thing, though - I like to see who is being quoted, plus with the actual quote function you can click on the little arrow within the quote box and go to the entire original quote. Thank you for the explanation - it is appreciated, but for me it is very frustrating seeing a quote but not seeing who quoted it. That's just how I roll. :D

EDITED to add: OP rene194215, it is not a stupid question at all. That's how we learn fun new things. I thought that earlier but forgot to tell you. :)

I think I got it!

How many is that?

If you want more than 2 you have to manually do it. There is a quote button at the top of the message box, it's a yellow button right next to the Insert Image button. Click on that and then scroll down and you can see all the posts from the thread and highlight the one you want and insert in in the quotes. can do it as many times as you want! takes a lot of time but easier than posting numerous times and it doesn't show who posted it~

That's the thing, though - I like to see who is being quoted, plus with the actual quote function you can click on the little arrow within the quote box and go to the entire original quote. Thank you for the explanation - it is appreciated, but for me it is very frustrating seeing a quote but not seeing who quoted it. That's just how I roll.

I want to respond to a few posts on a thread and I dont want to post 6 times. I have seen people do this but am not sure :(
I want to respond to a few posts on a thread and I dont want to post 6 times. I have seen people do this but am not sure :(

Excuse the gobbley-gook, this is a test

Almost got it. Think my problem is making sure where to paste the copied text.

Edited by SadieN

Test --

Also you can only have six:cool::eek::mad::p;):) of these things anywhere in your post. :-)

Excuse the gobbley-gook, this is a test

Almost got it. Think my problem is making sure where to paste the copied text.

I think I got it!
Wonder....
I want to respond to a few posts on a thread and I dont want to post 6 times. I have seen people do this but am not sure
Thank you, thank you. I have finally learned how to do that.

Now I have to work on getting your names into the quotes. Rene's is in there because I quoted her/him first.

Edited by SadieN

I want to respond to a few posts on a thread and I dont want to post 6 times. I have seen people do this but am not sure

In the lower right-hand corner of each post, you will find some icons. Click on the one that looks like a quotation mark -- it should light up, or change color. Then, move on to the next post you wish to quote, and do the same thing. Then, just click on the "reply" button, like you normally do to post. Both posts should appear in your "reply" frame. Then, it's just like any other quote. You can address both of them at the bottom of the frame, or scroll up and answer them, one at a time. If you're unsure about whether it's working, use the "preview post" button to check out your reply before you hit the "submit" button. BTW -- I think you can only quote two other posts this way -- at least, that's all I've been able to do. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Thank you. I have been on CC for seven years and never knew how to do this until today. Of course I attended the school for the computer declined!

It worked!! Thanks so much never new how to do this.

I am glad my stupid question paid off!!!!

They used to allow multiple multiple quotes. :D I think we could quote at least 6 at one time; now it is down to 2. To quote more than two posts, you have to either open a duplicate browser and copy and paste, or you can post your reply and then quickly hit "Edit" on your own post to add more comments (using copy and paste). I love when people quote multiple times, like 6 or 7 in one post. I know how much work they went to and it looks totally cool.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many posts you can quote via app... as a test, I randomly chose 7, and they all appeared to me in my reply. however, when I pressed the reply icon, I got an error message telling me i couldn't include more than 6 emoticons, so I removed them from the above quotes and voila!.

to quote when using the app, you just long press on each post you want to reply to (each will become highlighted in blue), then press the little message icon in the upper right corner. Each post will appear with space in between for your replies...

Ps, no such thing as a stupid question ;)

Rosie

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Good question!

There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many posts you can quote via app... as a test, I randomly chose 7, and they all appeared to me in my reply...

Cool! And they are all proper quotes, with the arrow that links back up to the original quote. Awesome for those who use the app. Thanks for testing this! :)

• 2 years later...
Cool! And they are all proper quotes, with the arrow that links back up to the original quote. Awesome for those who use the app. Thanks for testing this! :)

I didn't know about that arrow either, thanks!

This remains a very useful thread; I could not find the answer elsewhere.

Thanks for bringing this thread to 2016! Very helpful for us computer challenged people! And BTW, you have to be logged in to see the " button at the bottom, duh!

Edited by Sandy Sails