How is the Star Princess these days?

kath00

We are booked on an Alaska cruise in the summer with final payment coming up soon. Just wondering how the Star is holding up these days. It's been years and years since I have been on her.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

We took her last September to Alaska after they did the remodel she is very nice. She almost looks like a New ship. This May I will be you taking her sister ship Grand to Alaska. I hope you all have a wonderful time Alaska is so beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was in nice shape in March 2013. Dry Dock changes in late 2011 included an improved Horizon Ct. area, Neptune's Reef pool re-designed to add additional lounging/deck space between Mermaid's Tail Bar and the pool and other improvements.

The special dessert area at Horizon Court is fantastic!

If you like specialty restaurants, Crown Grill is beautiful. Highly recommended.

Vista Lounge is still wonderful for special presentations, special shows, and sometimes movies.

Enjoy!

The special dessert area at Horizon Court is fantastic!

If you like specialty restaurants' date=' Crown Grill is beautiful. Highly recommended.

Vista Lounge is still wonderful for special presentations, special shows, and sometimes movies.

Enjoy![/quote']

Getting on her a week from Sat for Hawaii. The special dessert area is it anything like what they did on the Royal? That was my favorite area on that ship, the desserts were tremendous!

I agree with everyone. My wife and I spent 15 days on the Star last month, and she's in great shape. The new dessert station in the Horizon Court Buffet and the International Cafe are welcome additions.

We cruised on the Star in February to Hawaii. She's in great shape with the IC and the separate dessert area in Horizon Court that has already been mentioned. The crew is fantastic--very visible and very friendly. We enjoyed both the Crown Grill and Sabatinis. Wonderful pool areas and deck space. The entertainment was very good too. Enjoy!

So Kath00 what are you sailing dates? My DW and I are on the 6/14 - 6/25. If your after us I will give an update if your before please let me know how it went.

We are right after you! 6/25! :)

We are still looking for a recommendation for a good Juneau whale watching tour so let me know if you have any insight. Otherwise I will scour the boards in the coming weeks...

Edited by kath00

I will ask folks while we are in Juneau. DW and I are doing the Sea Kayaking excursions. Will let you know how it goes.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark. We actually went ahead and booked Harv and Marv's whale watching tour. I hear great things about them and they have a smaller boat (with a bathroom). They have a 9:30 tour which allows us to do a kayak trip through princess in the afternoon. :) We just emailed them and within a few friendly emails, we were set this afternoon.

I guess we are ambitious because we are going to try to do both with the kayaking in the afternoon and the whale watching in the morning!

Katherine

We are sailing to Alaska on Star the end of August - tell me about the dessert bar - how is it different from the dessert area that was previously on the ship.
The dessert station has been moved outside of the main buffet serving area. So you don't have to go into the buffet just to get dessert now. It also seemed like the desserts were better as well. Here's a few photos I took last month on the Star:

13827315405_feccffebcc_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13827657974_2790697f18_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr

13859570354_d5e2aacbfc_c.jpgStar Princess - Hawaii Cruise by Jasperdo, on Flickr