Permission to disembark a day early?

I am presuming all this info( most 4 yrs old) doesn't apply unless the ship is leaving from a US port?

We are on a transatlantic sailing from UK that will have the final port in Miami, but we wish to disembark the previous day when the ship calls in at Port Canaveral. We've been told by our t/a & RCCL that we can do this, but we have to pay a small fee to RCCL for thr privilege. Of course we do not expect a reduction in the total cruise price, but we want to buy a drinks package, & have to purchase it for the total number of days, even tho we wont be on the ship at all the last day. Oh well, we will have to drink double the day before:evilsmile:

You are correct, there is no fine for leaving a port early for a cruise starting in a non-US port. So long as you have arranged this with RCI, and are aware of the fee for processing an early departure (cost of immigration officials present, etc), then you are good to go.

I am presuming all this info( most 4 yrs old) doesn't apply unless the ship is leaving from a US port?

We are on a transatlantic sailing from UK that will have the final port in Miami, but we wish to disembark the previous day when the ship calls in at Port Canaveral. We've been told by our t/a & RCCL that we can do this, but we have to pay a small fee to RCCL for thr privilege. Of course we do not expect a reduction in the total cruise price, but we want to buy a drinks package, & have to purchase it for the total number of days, even tho we wont be on the ship at all the last day. Oh well, we will have to drink double the day before:evilsmile:

We left a transatlantic a couple of days early in May. We also had purchased drinks packages online before boarding, as it was on offer.

We were able to get a refund in the form of on board credit for the days we would not use. Just go to guest services & they should take care of it. It was really simple for us.

In a medical emergency where a passenger traveling from Europe to the US on a TA, is rerouted to ST Johns, Newfoundland to get to a hospital, does that ship get permission from Canada to enter. This involved my husband and we both left the ship 4 days early.

Not sure what you are asking. The ship does not need permission to enter any country.

OK, I was curious what the procedure would have been for our ship to divert its route to drop of my husband to the hospital if any. The Coast Guard felt it was safer for him to have the ship bring him in vs their coming out to get him when the ship got closer. Halifax was our next port ( 2 days out ) vs a 1 day sailing to ST Johns. I was told by the Dr on call that we were to far out for the CG.

We left a transatlantic a couple of days early in May. We also had purchased drinks packages online before boarding, as it was on offer.

We were able to get a refund in the form of on board credit for the days we would not use. Just go to guest services & they should take care of it. It was really simple for us.

Thanks for your info...will try it![emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OK, I was curious what the procedure would have been for our ship to divert its route to drop of my husband to the hospital if any. The Coast Guard felt it was safer for him to have the ship bring him in vs their coming out to get him when the ship got closer. Halifax was our next port ( 2 days out ) vs a 1 day sailing to ST Johns. I was told by the Dr on call that we were to far out for the CG.

No procedure. The ship would merely notify the cruise line's agent in St John's, who would then arrange with the harbormaster for berthing, payment of fees, and arranging customs and immigration clearance for the ship. Canada may have arrival reporting requirements similar to the US (I don't know), where you must report your intention to enter port 72, 48, and 24 hours prior, electronically, with various paperwork requirements at each report, but in emergencies most of this can be waived.

The decision to medevac by helicopter is made in consultation with the ship's doctor, Captain, the CCG flight surgeon, and the flight crew. They all weigh the risk/reward factors and decide whether a helicopter evac is justified. Obviously, in your husband's case, he was stable enough in the ship's medical center, so that the risks of hoisting him to the helicopter and flying with only a paramedic in attendance were considered not to be in his best interests.

I know this is a resurected thread, however the below was incorrect back then and still is now. I can't rember the exact year, but there was a reinterpretation of a policy/regulation where this is longer possible. It had to do with the crew and I think their employment status.

BTW, they can do a cruise to nowhere out of a US port if they want.

BTW, they can do a cruise to nowhere out of a US port if they want.

I know this is a resurected thread, however the below was incorrect back then and still is now. I can't rember the exact year, but there was a reinterpretation of a policy/regulation where this is longer possible. It had to do with the crew and I think their employment status.

You are correct. Here is the link https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1683

chengkp75. thank you that was how it was explained to me on why they didn't bring the helicopter out to him. Sadly due to the length of time it took to revive him, my DH wasn't coming home to me. After 9 days in ST Johns, we did bring him home with full medical through our own Insurance Company to our hospital in Palm Springs where the daughter & I made the decision after another 9 days to remove all supports. I am grateful that I was able to take him on his dream cruise from Australia 3 yrs earlier.:)

Thank you, I told myself before he met me, he never would have gotten to see all the places we visited on our cruises. and for the first time he really was excited about our TA from Copenhagen. He enjoyed cruising, just never got excited on the planning, left that to me but once on board he was ready to meet everyone and have a wonderful time. :)The daughter is now my new cruise partner and we will be going to Hawaii & back in March then a b2b on the Freedom in March of 2020. He was looking forward to our first Oasis Class cruise this past April which I had to cancel. Our TA was wonderful and we were only 4 days from coming home.