Wife beaters?

wales4ever

I can assure you Stella is not cheap, it's actually relatively expensive. The UK term refers to its strength which is quite high, and several pints of Stella can send people a bit crazy.

I agree with others though it isn't a nice term.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was wondering about that when I read that comment.

Why not allow it?

So many grown ups can’t put on a tie 1 night on a 7 night cruise, then everyone starts whining “oh now we’re becoming carnival”….well, it happens in dribs and drabs.

So if Jimmy wants to wear a wife-beater to the dining room, so be it. If “i don’t wanna be forced to wear a tie on vacation” is ok, well then “i don’t wanna be forced to wear a nice shirt on my vacation” is ok too.

The Wife beaters will go well with the loud music.

Maybe a few belly flop or hairy legs contests too.

Enjoy…..but at least you may not have to wear a suit and tie for 1 night.

In no way am I bashing the OP but this has to be one of the dumbest threads ever!;)

Just sayin'...........:D

Now if someone wants to start a "thong" thread that is a horse of a different color......................;)

In no way am I bashing the OP but this has to be one of the dumbest threads ever!;)

Just sayin'...........:D

Now if someone wants to start a "thong" thread that is a horse of a different color......................;)

Hmmmmm.. 450Lb slob in a thong. Seen it before, Ewwwwwww!

[quote name='goose30']The reference to "wife beaters" in the Godfather is quite wrong. Those are guinea "Ts".[/QUOTE]

Being Italian , that is what I have always heard them called long before the term Wife Beater.

Actually the only wife beater in The Godfather was Carlo (Connie's husband ) and he didn't wear one. And look what happened to him. :)

[quote name='Iamcruzin']Also Italian and that's what we called them growing up as well. I never owned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I remember my uncles and grandfather wore them as undershirts , and maybe around the house or working in the yard. Not out.

My DS , Mr. Gym Rat, wears them to show off "The Guns" *LOL*

[quote name='hcat']Usually not seen on Celebrity ...thankfully

.on other lines we have observed them in the buffet....appetite killer![/quote]

[quote name='Oville']Of course the aforementioned piece of clothing has been abbreviated to just "beater". Not seen often on Celebrity but other lines for sure. Nothing like looking at someone's under arm hair while having lunch in the MDR. Apparently it's a turn on for some as you see them everywhere.[/quote]

Saw plenty of "wife beaters" and those sleeveless T-shirts that I call "muscle shirts" :rolleyes: on my last cruise being worn on all ages. :p Thankfully, not seen in the dining room. In fact, I don't recall seeing any casual dressers in the dining room, although I was not looking around for them. Though I did see some women wearing clothing that I would call "in bad taste". Edited by Iamthesea

On my first Celebrity cruise on the the new Galaxy there were 2 young men at an adjoining table whose "formal" wear consisted of
tight black T-shirts and equally tight black slacks.I have to admit to being a bit upset since the 3-part dress code of formal, informal and casual, including black tie for men, was observed by almost everyone. Of course I see now that I should have been thankful that they hadn't packed their wife-beaters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk