Coldwater Creek

iheartbda

CC clothing always seemed like it would fit like a burlap sack. The models who you know are a size 00 look like they are wearing a size 10, the cut and styles don't seem very flattering, and IMHO are generally pretty frumpy looking.

I noticed some Liz Claiborne at JC Penney the other day that was quite reasonably priced and really cute that might be a good option. By the way, for the person saying Kohls has bad quality, some, I totally agree. But check out the Chaps line that Ralph Lauren makes for them. There are some amazingly cute dresses of good quality there this season at very reasonable prices.

Edited by ducklite

Trust me, they do not use size 0 models. They actually design off of real women's body shapes and not what the industry thinks we should look like. They include hips and breasts in their design. Hanging on a rack I often misjudged how it would really fit and was shocked after the sales women encouraged me to try them on. I wear a size 12/14 and have a huge amount of loose skin to hide along with an hourglass figure. I get so many compliments on everything I own from them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Trust me, they do not use size 0 models. They actually design off of real women's body shapes and not what the industry thinks we should look like. They include hips and breasts in their design. Hanging on a rack I often misjudged how it would really fit and was shocked after the sales women encouraged me to try them on. I wear a size 12/14 and have a huge amount of loose skin to hide along with an hourglass figure. I get so many compliments on everything I own from them.

Hi Sheri:)....looks like you and I like their stuff;)..and that is fine.

I agree with you....I am a 14-16 and I don't think my purchases

look/feel like they are burlap sacks:eek:

I see the items they have displayed on mannequins, and they look like there is no true waist definition. I reviewed their size charts, and they definitely cut everything much looser in the waist than any of the designers I typically buy. Loose waist=Burlap sack (on my figure). Not to mention I think that overall the styles are frumpy. My opinion.

Edited by ducklite

I just ordered 7 new tops from them on line:D......all on clearance:D

Oh Lois, good for you. And the closeout sale hasn't even started yet! LOL

I love the items I get from them, but I do look very carefully at the style and cut, and read the reviews. Most of their pants fit me better than any other brand I've tried and are long enough.

Amen to that. I've been a Talbots customer for more than 25 years. I love their pants for work and their sweaters.

Let's hear another "Amen". Talbots is my "go to" store for pants, tops,shorts, coats, jackets and especially shoes. They are the only store where I can order online and shoes will fit 99% of the time. Everytime they have one of their 40% off one item sales, I worry they are going out of business. They are more classic than Coldwater Creek and the quality is very good...so hopefully they will be around for a while.

Let's hear another "Amen". Talbots is my "go to" store for pants, tops,shorts, coats, jackets and especially shoes. They are the only store where I can order online and shoes will fit 99% of the time. Everytime they have one of their 40% off one item sales, I worry they are going out of business. They are more classic than Coldwater Creek and the quality is very good...so hopefully they will be around for a while.

I also like Talbots, as well as Ann Taylor, Eileen Fisher, Ralph Lauren, and WH|BM. I prefer to buy well made classic styles and wear them for years to come. The only one of those brands I really need to try before I buy is Ann Taylor. They can get a little tight in the shoulders for me.

Oh Lois, good for you. And the closeout sale hasn't even started yet! LOL

I love the items I get from them, but I do look very carefully at the style and cut, and read the reviews. Most of their pants fit me better than any other brand I've tried and are long enough.

Hi Amy:D thanks:)....I would say 5 out of the 7 are quite casual and 2

of them I can dress up or down. I wish their pants did fit met better.

I found one style that does fit so I got a pair of them...they are sort

of like a jean but in a knit.

Just like many brands out there.....we all like different things;)

and I also look at the items but as for reviews? I know what I like

so many times the reviews I read don't do anything for me.

Hi Amy:D thanks:)....I would say 5 out of the 7 are quite casual and 2

of them I can dress up or down. I wish their pants did fit met better.

I found one style that does fit so I got a pair of them...they are sort

of like a jean but in a knit.

Just like many brands out there.....we all like different things;)

and I also look at the items but as for reviews? I know what I like

so many times the reviews I read don't do anything for me.

I don't look at the reviews for "it fits great" as much as "I washed it in cold water and it shrunk 4 inches"!!!! It's more the reviews that talk about quality of the product that might sway me one way or the other. I find the reviewers on CC to be very honest, good or bad. I especially like it when someone says something like "I'm 5'9" and can wear these with 2" heels, or the like.

I don't look at the reviews for "it fits great" as much as "I washed it in cold water and it shrunk 4 inches"!!!! It's more the reviews that talk about quality of the product that might sway me one way or the other. I find the reviewers on CC to be very honest, good or bad. I especially like it when someone says something like "I'm 5'9" and can wear these with 2" heels, or the like.

Ahhhh...gotcha:);)

I guess what is frumpy to one person is stylish to another.:eek:

I am 56, don't attend any type of house of worship so I wouldn't know

what type of dresses are worn "to church" anymore.

As it happens, I do go to church, but the reference in my post to the "church lady" was one to the Saturday night Live comic character played by Dana Carvey, starting in the late '80's.

It was a joke...

Church%20Lady.png

I could find random things at CC, but usually I found the things too "old" or "cutesy" for me (and I'm 60). The seasonal patterns and stuff were not my thing. The Traveler line never attracted me - too heavy and too "polyester-looking." The pants never fit me - I'd get something that fit my waist, but I could pull 2" of fabric on each side of my hips…The only thing that I'd really have luck with were the plain button blouses - for some reason, they'd fit.

I think Chico's has tried to keep up with the older, more stylish woman than CC has. I agree about the "frumpy" comment. I think "school marm"...

BBM

Agree! Had read in one of the business magazines at the beginning of 2013 that Talbots would be going out of business before the end of the year, but that didn't happen so I remain hopeful.....

Here is the frumpy dress I just got from Coldwater Creek. My dogs like it too!

frumpydress_zps3baedc48.jpg

I also ordered two more pair of their Whisper Flannel Pants, bringing my total to 5 - all different colors. They fit me perfectly, are comfortable, look sharp, and are LONG ENOUGH.

I also ordered two more pair of their Whisper Flannel Pants, bringing my total to 5 - all different colors. They fit me perfectly, are comfortable, look sharp, and are LONG ENOUGH.

I think the dress and color look very pretty on you, Amy.

"Opinions" are one thing, but when continually condescending and putdown posts come veiled as such, please call it for what it really is - simply rude and frankly, tiresome.

KK

Love the dress and your two accessories. :D

Here is my Coldwater Creek Dress...I think it's very chic.

bbf00d87-71bf-4fc3-a36c-b1707cee9158_zps4648a471.jpg

There are a few more of their dresses that I really like, but I will wait until May for the going out of business sale.

Lisa

Amy, your dress is really cute:) love the color!

My tops should be shipping tomorrow.....just got off the phone with

customer service. Poor gal....they are totally slammed:eek:.....lots and

lots of folks are ordering on line (more than usual)........

Amy, your dress is really cute:) love the color!

My tops should be shipping tomorrow.....just got off the phone with

customer service. Poor gal....they are totally slammed:eek:.....lots and

lots of folks are ordering on line (more than usual)........

I decided to order the pants right now (they are on sale for $25 each) as I would be very disappointed if I waited for the closeout sale and they were out of them. Anything else I might find, or not, can wait until the sale.

The blue dress is pretty. But, it would hang on me. The straps are too wide to work on my frame. I've got no "curve" at the hips, so I'd be baggy in it.

I did not say everything was bad at CC; But, the first thing I think of for CC is their patterned sweaters for every season; they DO remind me of some of my old schoolteachers. I have bought some cheap jewelry there. But the majority of the clothes just don't call my name.

For my more "mature" clothes, I do Jjill, expect for pants; again, they have too much "curve" to them for me. Casual pants from Athleta and more classic pants come from Wrap. I'm not a dress person, so I don't look at them much.