Diamond Lounge

the Diamond club is for D, D+ and Pinnacle only

the CL is for Pinnacle and all suite guests ( regardless of C&A status)

so unless you are in a suite there is nothing for Platinum members

:( Gosh, I actually think this is the better answer....

No, but you will have the Captain's Reception, Welcome Back Party and Top Tier Party:)

;):)

The lounges will also have

-Daily Compass

-Shore Excursion packets

-Rotating Daily MDR Menu

-Specialty restaurant menus

From that perspective it is a good "one stop shop" for informational needs. Some lounges may also have a computer terminal that you can use your internet minutes on.

Aside from locations and who has permission the function of the lounges is very similar.

:( Gosh, I actually think this is the better answer....

;):)

deleted, post was edited to include the fact that D+ members have access to the CL.

Edited by negc

Actually RCI is their usual consistently inconsistent on this matter. If you look at the Brilliance http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=BR&br=R it refers to Diamond Lounge and Concierge Club (but the deck plans call both of them Clubs. Sometimes I think that RCI has a person whose sole job is to make their website as inconsistent as possible.:cool:

Thom

Yeah I see that! I just go by my experience on ships with both lounges where the plaque on the wall next to the door says "Diamond Club" and "Concierge Lounge" - which, with at least the one exception as you just pointed out, is confirmed on the deck plans identifying each by those names. ;)

But good point about the IT person at RCI....:rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Absolutely. There were people we saw wearing their card on a lanyard which was a blue card. Several people we met said they were in inside and balcony cabins, but traveling with suite holders and used the lounge nightly (as well as the breakfast in Giovanni's, ect). No one bothered to check. This morning at debarkation, there were many again, there was no room in the lounge, so we took our coffee and sat in the Viking Crown right outside the door. Many people tried the door, it didn't work with there blue card, then waited until someone went in and followed them in and helped themselves to breakfast. The suite concierge was no where to be found today, so the diamond concierge eventually came and took us off the ship. Those same people followed him down and got off the ship with the suite holders. You just had to be at the right place and the right time and follow the crowd

The card color doesn't matter. You can have a blue card and be Diamond Plus which allows you to use the Concierge Club. The cards have your level printed on them.

Gold cards are for suite and pinnacle members.

Silver cards are for junior suites.

Blue cards are for all other cabins.

You are absolutely correct! Diamond Plus members will have a Blue card if they are not in a Suite and have full access to the Concierge and Diamond lounges.

Edited by travelbug11

Since we are D+, the Diamond lounge on our last cruise was exciting crowded, and fun. The Concierge lounge was ok but it was quiet, and no one wanted to talk to any one outside their group. So we did the diamond lounge, where everyone was having fun with most anyone.

Every ship/cruise is different, so enjoy the perks while they last.

Edited by north29

Seems like that was exactly the same sentiment right before RCI did in fact yank CLs from Ds:rolleyes:

The difference is that now there are Diamond Clubs on almost all ships that offer the same amenities, including a Concierge, as the Concierge Clubs. I wouldn't have a problem if I wasn't "allowed" to use the CC and could only use the DC. Things change.

The difference is that now there are Diamond Clubs on almost all ships that offer the same amenities, including a Concierge, as the Concierge Clubs. I wouldn't have a problem if I wasn't "allowed" to use the CC and could only use the DC. Things change.
Actually with the exception of the CLs on Oasis and Allure, the DLs are usually as nice if not nicer than the CLs (DLs certainly are nicer on Freedom class, and on the converted Voyagers). I was one of those who some years ago said that RCI would not alienate Ds by pulling the CLs, and then they did exactly that - so I take no bets on what RCI may or may not do. Even though we are D+ we spend more time in the DLs than the CLs, so as long as one of them is available, I'm happy.:)

the main issue with "blue" cards as I mentioned were clearly people who were not supposed to be there. There were many people on multiple occasions, who were personally observed trying the door with their card, it didn't work,hthen they stood and waited until it worked for someone else, then walked right in. Other times people were observed going from a door that would not open for them, around the "lounge" to the area for overflow, sit down and order drinks. A more attentive concierge could have prevented this. Also were in the diamond club and never saw had an issue as this person check cards, ect. much more impressed with him then her.

Even though we are D+ we spend more time in the DLs than the CLs, so as long as one of them is available, I'm happy.:)

I take you at your word and believe you, however I think you will be in the minority position when the CL reverts back to usage for suite PAX and pinnacle only. When D+ gets kicked down to getting the same basic perks as 80 Point D's you'll hear howls across the bay.

Actually with the exception of the CLs on Oasis and Allure, the DLs are usually as nice if not nicer than the CLs (DLs certainly are nicer on Freedom class, and on the converted Voyagers).

I always thought that was curious! I imagine it started out like that because they had the CL on the Voyager Class ships before anything else, then appropriated what was a very nice public lounge space on Voyager Class ships to be the D Lounge on Freedom Class ships and left the CL as it was.

They seem to have certainly swung back the other way on the Oasis Class and, based on the deck plan, the Quantum Class. DL looks like it will probably be nice and have windows, but the CL will have sweeping aft views!

I always thought that was curious! I imagine it started out like that because they had the CL on the Voyager Class ships before anything else, then appropriated what was a very nice public lounge space on Voyager Class ships to be the D Lounge on Freedom Class ships and left the CL as it was.

They seem to have certainly swung back the other way on the Oasis Class and, based on the deck plan, the Quantum Class. DL looks like it will probably be nice and have windows, but the CL will have sweeping aft views!

I agree:) The CLs on the Oasis and Quantum classes are much nicer than the DC. But on the Voyager and Freedom classes the DCs, IMHO, are nicer because of the views. On the other classes, it just depends.

the main issue with "blue" cards as I mentioned were clearly people who were not supposed to be there. There were many people on multiple occasions, who were personally observed trying the door with their card, it didn't work,hthen they stood and waited until it worked for someone else, then walked right in. Other times people were observed going from a door that would not open for them, around the "lounge" to the area for overflow, sit down and order drinks. A more attentive concierge could have prevented this. Also were in the diamond club and never saw had an issue as this person check cards, ect. much more impressed with him then her.

It's not just the 'blue cards' that don't open the door. I have stayed in Family Suites many times. The Gold cards to there do not open the doors either (because kids in the suite would be able to access with out adults).

I take you at your word and believe you, however I think you will be in the minority position when the CL reverts back to usage for suite PAX and pinnacle only. When D+ gets kicked down to getting the same basic perks as 80 Point D's you'll hear howls across the bay.
Ahh, but I have it on good authority (in other words I just made this up:cool:) that at that point the Diamond Lounge will become the Diamond Plus Lounge, and lowly Diamonds will have only the Top Tier Party.:eek:

Other than O-Class CLs, I find DLs provide me every perk provided in the CLs, and often in a nicer venue. For that reason (and crowding) I am usually in the DL rather than the CL.

Thom

Ahh, but I have it on good authority (in other words I just made this up:cool:) that at that point the Diamond Lounge will become the Diamond Plus Lounge, and lowly Diamonds will have only the Top Tier Party.:eek:

Other than O-Class CLs, I find DLs provide me every perk provided in the CLs, and often in a nicer venue. For that reason (and crowding) I am usually in the DL rather than the CL.

Thom

IF that happens, and I'm not sure it will, I think they would give the Diamonds the 3 drink vouchers each evening on their seapass card.

Okay stupid question, and I apologize before I ask, :o but since this will only be my second RCCL cruise - I understand the difference between the DL & the CL (even though we don't have access to them) but are they different than the Viking Crown Lounge, and if so - where is it on the Allure? We did the Chef's Table on our Oasis cruise and I remember going through a lounge but I don't know which one it was. Does everybody have access to the VCL?

Okay stupid question, and I apologize before I ask, :o but since this will only be my second RCCL cruise - I understand the difference between the DL & the CL (even though we don't have access to them) but are they different than the Viking Crown Lounge, and if so - where is it on the Allure? We did the Chef's Table on our Oasis cruise and I remember going through a lounge but I don't know which one it was. Does everybody have access to the VCL?

The Viking Crown Lounge is open to everyone most of the time (on some ships it is used as an overflow area for the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge). It's generally at the top of the ship overlooking the pools. You can access it on most ships by taking the aft elevators/stairs all the way up.

Sent from my Tricorder

The Viking Crown Lounge is open to everyone most of the time (on some ships it is used as an overflow area for the Concierge Lounge and Diamond Lounge). It's generally at the top of the ship overlooking the pools. You can access it on most ships by taking the aft elevators/stairs all the way up. Sent from my Tricorder

And just to follow up on Grady's reply, there is a Viking Crown Lounge on every ship in the fleet... except the upcoming Quantum and Anthem!

We did the Chef's Table on our Oasis cruise and I remember going through a lounge but I don't know which one it was. Does everybody have access to the VCL?

No stupid questions!

The Chefs Table on Oasis class is in the Concierge Lounge - so Yes you have been there.

And yes, VCL is a public bar.

Raina

The cards weren't working on the new Adventure DL. Andrew got a bunch of entry cards and handed them to everyone in the lounge that first night while trying to make the key machine work, including a couple I saw who had crashed the lounge. He followed a guy in he was chatting with in the VC, just to see it, then decided to get his wife, since they propped the door open. I cringed when I saw Andrew give him a key by mistake, but oh well. then cringed even more when I saw him there the next two nights, big as life he and the wife were. No shame!!!

What I learned from having access to both CL and DL is your key cannot be coded for three things. CL, DL and Cabin. So you will need an extra key to get into the DL. At least that was one issue that resolved on the Adventure. We also had an extra key on the Serenade to access the DL since our key was coded for cabin and CL.