Camouflage attire ashore.

drfun48

I have been told that on certain Caribbean islands as well as some Central American countries you are forbidden to wear any camouflage attire. Among these are Barbados,St Lucia ,Antigua, as these are reserved for the military.

If I wear my camouflage bathing suit can I expect that I will be arrested or the suit confiscated on the spot ?

Will I then be charged with having carried a concealed weapon ?

I do know of someone who went to Antigua for their honeymoon. Upon entry at the airport, he was told to change out of his camouflage shorts and turn them over to border control. He did not get them back.

We were on Eclipse in February. It is in the daily paper and announcements made on the TV about the camouflage. It is no joke and I wouldn't think you'd get too far from the ship before they stopped you.

True. You are INFORMED! Not a time to test a country's laws. Hope you had a great time on Eclipse. We were on the cruise prior to yours & loved it. We hope to repeat it next winter.

From the Barbados website:

Please note that it is against the law to wear camouflage clothing and to carry items made out of camouflage material.

and St Lucia:

Local laws and customs

It is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing.

I sure wish it were against the law around here! Not a fan of the camouflage at all. We have so much of it in TN, especially now, with that idiotic show on TV. :rolleyes:

I have been told that on certain Caribbean islands as well as some Central American countries you are forbidden to wear any camouflage attire. Among these are Barbados,St Lucia ,Antigua, as these are reserved for the military.

If I wear my camouflage bathing suit can I expect that I will be arrested or the suit confiscated on the spot ?

I assume this is a BS troll question. but just in case you are serious:

newsflash:unless you are IN the military and actually WORKING, OR are a hunter during Deer season actually looking to bag Bambi, you look like an idiot in camouflage. your fashion statement is that you HAVE NO FASHION SENSE.

The OP should be aware that the Barbados Police do have a great sense of humor (they would spell it humour). So, if you wear a camouflage swim suit, they might decide to enforce the law and immediately confiscate your swim suit. At that point, you would be in further violation of the law that prohibits public nudity. So they could they toss you in jail (so you miss your cruise) and later slap you with fines for both violations.

Most likely, no arrests would be made due to lack of evidence.:eek::p:D

Going ashore in Antigua, one of our party was wearing a camo baseball cap (he's from the UP of Michigan, where people have been known to wear such things to weddings and funerals, including the participants). I noted that camo was forbidden and suggested he stow it in a bag. We asked a security officer if he should return it to the ship or bag it, and he just waved us through.

Well this is ridiculous! Of course you won't! They can't see you! YOU'RE WEARING CAMOUFLAGE!! DUH!:rolleyes:

I assume this is a BS troll question. but just in case you are serious:

newsflash:unless you are IN the military and actually WORKING, OR are a hunter during Deer season actually looking to bag Bambi, you look like an idiot in camouflage. your fashion statement is that you HAVE NO FASHION SENSE.

Exactly.

I saw a guy on sailaway day on my last cruise wearing camouflage pants.

My thoughts were- first, what have I done? (I was on a line I don't usually sail - thought I was at WalMart..).

Second, what war is he going off to fight, on a Caribbean cruise? Hunting the man-eating iguanas on Aruba?

Fortunately, I never saw him again (cleaning his gun, no doubt), and the cruise was wonderful.

. . . Going ashore in Antigua, one of our party was wearing a camo baseball cap (he's from the UP of Michigan, where people have been known to wear such things to weddings and funerals, including the participants). . . .
The men's formalwear place in Ishpaming stocks camo tuxes (both in the traditional olive drab and blaze orange). Yuppers take their appearance very serious der hey!