Camouflage attire ashore.

drfun48

I have been told that on certain Caribbean islands as well as some Central American countries you are forbidden to wear any camouflage attire. Among these are Barbados,St Lucia ,Antigua, as these are reserved for the military.

If I wear my camouflage bathing suit can I expect that I will be arrested or the suit confiscated on the spot ?

Will I then be charged with having carried a concealed weapon ?

Why would you wear a camouflage bathing suit when you know there are rules against wearing any sort of camouflage clothing? :confused:

LuLu

~~~

He's trying to be funny. I suggest he keep his day job.

I have been told that on certain Caribbean islands as well as some Central American countries you are forbidden to wear any camouflage attire. Among these are Barbados,St Lucia ,Antigua, as these are reserved for the military.

If I wear my camouflage bathing suit can I expect that I will be arrested or the suit confiscated on the spot ?

Let me guess, you want to wear camo so the natives can't see you?

The OP should be aware that the Barbados Police do have a great sense of humor (they would spell it humour). So, if you wear a camouflage swim suit, they might decide to enforce the law and immediately confiscate your swim suit. At that point, you would be in further violation of the law that prohibits public nudity. So they could they toss you in jail (so you miss your cruise) and later slap you with fines for both violations.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Is there a 5 year statute of limitations on all laws in Texas ?

Not at all, but there is a common sense limit on You Tube videos. Now if the information is on an official St. Lucia government web page or site, that would be a different matter.

Like the You Tube video put out by a militia group that the Chinese army is massing troops on the Tx/Mexico boarder, and we need to get ready, please.

From the Barbados website:

Please note that it is against the law to wear camouflage clothing and to carry items made out of camouflage material.

and St Lucia:

Local laws and customs

It is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing.

Edited by rwr235

Please note that it is against the law to wear camouflage clothing and to carry items made out of camouflage material.

and St Lucia:

Local laws and customs

It is an offence for anyone, including children, to dress in camouflage clothing.

hmmmm. the things I learn here.

So the ultimate question, why in the world would someone go on a cruise to a carribean country in 90 deg temps and want to go all Duck Dynasty camo while checking out the country in the first place?

Oh, post count on CC, why else:D

Ok, I have poked the bear enough, if he likes Camo that much, so be it.

So the ultimate question, why in the world would someone go on a cruise to a carribean country in 90 deg temps and want to go all Duck Dynasty camo while checking out the country in the first place?

Oh, post count on CC, why else:D

Ok, I have poked the bear enough, if he likes Camo that much, so be it.

Never let the truth get in the way of a Texan's opinion.

...If I wear my camouflage bathing suit can I expect that I will be arrested or the suit confiscated on the spot ?

If it's a proper camouflage design, no one will notice. After all, isn't that the objective of camo wear? Then as for a concealed weapon, it depends on how dangerous the weapon is, doesn't it? ;)

I truly felt this was not a serious thread, since in 25+ years of going on 7 different cruise lines, many trips to the Carribean, I have yet to see a single person get off a cruise ship wearing camo clothing. If that is truly what you like to wear, I am sorry for thinking you were having a good time entertaining us.

My apologies.

and St Lucia:

Local laws and customs

A friends small son was made to change his outfit at the check in desk before their flight to Jamaica

We got back last month from a Caribbean cruise and did see you where not to wear camouflage clothing. I'm not a big fan of camouflage clothing. I do have 2 shorts that I didn't bring on the cruise. When I went into a shop in I think it was Granada. They were selling camouflage clothing. Richard

The OP should be aware that the Barbados Police do have a great sense of humor (they would spell it humour). So, if you wear a camouflage swim suit, they might decide to enforce the law and immediately confiscate your swim suit. At that point, you would be in further violation of the law that prohibits public nudity. So they could they toss you in jail (so you miss your cruise) and later slap you with fines for both violations.

Hank

And then when he does land in jail, he can call his congressman , and the embassy, and the media , and cry about his inhumane treatment by the authorities. And then he can be the poster boy for all the Hollywood Elite to call for his release and ask for sanctions against such a cruel regime that would jail someone for not obeying their rules.