odd pullman bed question

We are currently booked into room 7708 on Freedom of the seas. I am very excited to have this room. My question is this, the pullman states that no child under age 6 can sleep on it, so does that mean the small couch makes into a bed? I know the room only sleeps 3, but do all the couches have the capabilities of turning into a bed even if there is a pullman in the room. Just curious.

We are currently booked into room 7708 on Freedom of the seas. I am very excited to have this room. My question is this, the pullman states that no child under age 6 can sleep on it, so does that mean the small couch makes into a bed? I know the room only sleeps 3, but do all the couches have the capabilities of turning into a bed even if there is a pullman in the room. Just curious.

No, all couches are not sofa beds. You must look for the sofa bed symbol on the deck plans to confirm if a sofa bed is in your stateroom. You would need to see a triangle symbol or a solid diamond symbol to have a sofa bed.

Only those staterooms indicating a triangle symbol on the deck plans have a sofa bed, and those with a black filled diamond symbol have both a sofa bed and a pullman bed. If it does not specify it as a sofa bed it is not.

Not sure what the other symbol shown with the third pullman bed symbol means with 7708 - maybe someone else can clarify or call RCI to confirm.

Only those staterooms indicating a triangle symbol on the deck plans have a sofa bed, and those with a black filled diamond symbol have both a sofa bed and a pullman bed. If it does not specify it as a sofa bed it is not.

Not sure what the other symbol shown with the third pullman bed symbol means with 7708 - maybe someone else can clarify or call RCI to confirm.

If you mean the little open square symbol, I believe that is the obstructed view symbol. These symbols are relatively new. I don't understand why 7714 would be obstructed and 7414 would not be.

Thank you! My daughter is 13, I was just curious when I saw a photo of a Pullman that stated the child can not be under 6. They must not enforce it.

Its easy to enforce, takes a special key/tool to unlock by the steward, if the child is under the age, it will not be opened and made up

Enjoy 08, its a great cabin

Edited by setsail

Its easy to enforce, takes a special key/tool to unlock by the steward, if the child is under the age, it will not be opened and made up

Enjoy 08, its a great cabin

So they are going to let 3 people book the cabin, but if the 3rd person is under 6 then make them all share the bed? I doubt it, what's to stop an adult using the Pullman.

If you mean the little open square symbol, I believe that is the obstructed view symbol. These symbols are relatively new. I don't understand why 7714 would be obstructed and 7414 would not be.

I had the deck plan open and was looking at that when I was writing my response and had no idea what it meant - sounds like a good possibility. Thanks!

I had the deck plan open and was looking at that when I was writing my response and had no idea what it meant - sounds like a good possibility. Thanks!

If you look at the "printable" deck plan links, there are more symbols at the bottom of the page.

So they are going to let 3 people book the cabin, but if the 3rd person is under 6 then make them all share the bed? I doubt it, what's to stop an adult using the Pullman.

Nothing:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....The question was about 6 and under. No mention of adults in my post or the post I quoted

Edited by setsail

They ask for everyone's birthdate when you book the cabin so maybe they would catch it then that someone under 6 is booked in a cabin with only a pullman and not a sofa bed?

Someone under 6 should fit on a sofa without it being made out into a bed btw. Our 1st cruise my 8yo DD was booked on a pullman in my mom & stepfather's cabin but she slept half the time on the sofa in our cabin so each couple could have some "alone" time. ;)

They ask for everyone's birthdate when you book the cabin so maybe they would catch it then that someone under 6 is booked in a cabin with only a pullman and not a sofa bed?

Someone under 6 should fit on a sofa without it being made out into a bed btw. Our 1st cruise my 8yo DD was booked on a pullman in my mom & stepfather's cabin but she slept half the time on the sofa in our cabin so each couple could have some "alone" time. ;)

But they don't ask where each person is sleeping, so Dad could be on the Pullman, Mother and child in the bed. No reason for the steward to not lower the Pullman, just because there is a child under 6 in the room

But they don't ask where each person is sleeping, so Dad could be on the Pullman, Mother and child in the bed. No reason for the steward to not lower the Pullman, just because there is a child under 6 in the room

Ah, very good point. Good catch.

You are correct - regardless of the child's age, no one says that the child has to be the one sleeping in the Pullman.

I don't understand why there would be an age on a Pullman.... Maybe I don't understand what a Pullman is... Someone please help me. We booked on FOS for nov 30, and my son will be 4. That was selected when booking- and I never saw any restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand why there would be an age on a Pullman.... Maybe I don't understand what a Pullman is... Someone please help me. We booked on FOS for nov 30, and my son will be 4. That was selected when booking- and I never saw any restrictions.

Its a bed that folds down out of the ceiling.. Its high up close to the ceiling so dangerous for anyone too young..

Ok! Just called RCI to inquire- our room has an upper and a lower Pullman bed. Upper Pullmans have the age recommendation, lower Pullmans do not. Also there are rails they can install on the Pullmans. Inquire about those onboard.

Oh! I had no idea! Why would they even let us book a room like that?

Because I (the mom) slept up there for years and DS slept with Dad:)

Edited by onthelake

I was just in this exact cabin last week. The couch is a love seat, not a full sofa and does not pull out. My son had just turned 5, and we were worried about him sleeping on the Pullman, so our steward made the love seat into a "bed" each night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My daughter, son-in-law and 4 yr old grandson were in a (triple) balcony on the Independence. The Upper Pullman (bunk) was above the head of the 2 twins that make into a King. The Pullman had a side rail along the length of the bed, but was open at the head and foot. In other words was not next to a wall. The couch was a love seat, big enough for him to sleep on, but not very wide. The steward made up the pullman and my grandson slept there. My daughter felt that he was safe on the bed and if he fell, he would fall on their bed.

Oh and BTW, the 2 lower beds (pullmans) someone posted about.....These are the 2 twins, that make into a king, not 2 extra beds for a 3rd or 4th person.