MS Westerdam-Sail-Away, April 15, 2014

cruz chic

Is it very windy there? The Fort Lauderdale camera seems to be bouncing around a lot. At least it's focussed on the Westerdam!

11 mph steady breeze with 22 mph gusts. (That's 19.2 kg for you Canadians. ;) )

It's pretty much a normal spring day, although it is humid. The temperature is 82°F, but the "feels like" temperature is 90°F. (That's "Boxing Day" for our friends to the North.)

Thanks, so it is mainly for the Neptune lounge, not us riff-raff in steerage. :D

Exactly! :D

But I would like to know what all those tent thingies are on the aft deck? Are they cabanas? I don't remember anything like that in the Baltic, so maybe just for the Caribbean?

Back, although 16:45 may cut into dinner cooking hour.

One reason the Hyatt camera seems so jittery is that zoom lenses can tend to be vulnerable to movement. At least in my experience.

Edited by shrimp56

Things have changed on the webcam since we got back from the Maasdam.

No more camera 1,2 or 3. It now appears that you go to one and then go to the Hyatt and choose the different direction - do I have that figured out right?

Which one do you choose for when they do the closeups please?

I don't want to miss this one:D;)

Boy, you would think I had been away for months instead of a couple of weeks a few days.

Exactly! :D

But I would like to know what all those tent thingies are on the aft deck? Are they cabanas? I don't remember anything like that in the Baltic, so maybe just for the Caribbean?

The Cabanas are usually in the Lido and behind the Crows Nest. These are next to the aft pool. Considering she is on her way to Alaska must not just be for Caribbean. Possibly more outdoor sheltered areas for Alaska? That would be nice

No more camera 1,2 or 3. It now appears that you go to one and then go to the Hyatt and choose the different direction - do I have that figured out right?

Boy, you would think I had been away for months instead of a couple of weeks a few days.

SW appears to be what used to be #2. Close up of Westerdam

Jacqui

They have "improved" the cameras. PE only has the one view and the Hyatt has two views. You cannot bounce from one to the other with the on-screen arrows but use two tabs or windows... Will also have to mute sound on one since they will echo if you don't.

Jacqui

They have "improved" the cameras. PE only has the one view and the Hyatt has two views. You cannot bounce from one to the other with the on-screen arrows but use two tabs or windows... Will also have to mute sound on one since they will echo if you don't.

ah thank you for the clarification. Looks like I was guessing right - didn't know about the sound though - much appreciated and of course, it makes total sense.